Why enchant prices are so low on AH?

For example this enchant : Eternal Chest

For this enchant you need 1 Eternal Crystal and 2 Sacred Shards

To create an Eternal Crystal you need to disenchant a purple (Epic) item. For example you can see in the picture that Eternal Stats is sold in the AH for 31G. But most purples can be sold for more gold , in the example, I got a purple neck that can be sold for 37G with any NPC. So, it is more profitable to sell this purple instead of disenchant it, use 2 sacred shards and sell it on the AH. No mention that there are purples that can be sold for even more gold.

Unless I am missing a very fast and cheap way to farm Eternal Crystal, what is the point in selling enchants on the AH?

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is, why is a random necklace worth 37g...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    My question is, why is a random necklace worth 37g...
    There are purples that can be sold for even more gold. That was an example of a neck that I got in a random mushroom-chest in Maldraxxus.

Because nobody disenchants anything, you create mats from the mission table (one enchanting cache contains for example 12 dust, 6 shards and 3 crystals).

Additionally everyone gets rid of crafting mat in the last weeks of the current xpac, while the need for new enchants also reached some new low.

because blues and purples are fucking everywhere. the price to sell them doenst matter. many people dont look at that. when you level professions you give no fucks about what the sell price of an item is. and when leveling professions, when done you flood the market with the items you made. i just logged in, first time in months. seen the world quest tracker and i have 8 quests available with epic items as rewards. times 4 alts, or times 8 alts, or times 12 alts. some peeps have 12 alts. and have 1 quest on mission board again multiply that with your alts. those same enchants at drop of expansion where quite expensive. as purples werent given out every other world quest. so here are my conclusions as to why its so cheap.
    1. leveled a profession flooding market.
    2. farmed a shit load at begin of expansion when shit sold for hundreds of gold and are off loading all current expansion shit to get ready for new expansion and everyone is undercutting each other to get rid of it asap.
    3. get mats for mission board table. with alts that is a lot of mats for nothing.
    number 2 is common at the end of every expansion.
    number 3 is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Because nobody disenchants anything, you create mats from the mission table (one enchanting cache contains for example 12 dust, 6 shards and 3 crystals).

Additionally everyone gets rid of crafting mat in the last weeks of the current xpac, while the need for new enchants also reached some new low.
    mmmm that is interesting, I really dont use the mission tables so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    There are purples that can be sold for even more gold. That was an example of a neck that I got in a random mushroom-chest in Maldraxxus.
    Sure, but the point was, why are items so valuable to be sold to vendors. Haven't really thought about it really, but no wonder gold amounts are so wacky in retail.

With recent auction house changes, commodity listings (mats) are now region-wide. This has had an effect on the price of everything related to mats.

As an enchanter, I don't DE most things now. I just vendor them.

Perfect example of supply and demand, I play Classic and The enchants are maybe 10-15% cheaper now with a week before Wrath than they were during Peak times in the expansion. Mongoose still sells for a crap load and so do some of the others like +6 stats to chest is still over 300g. But the thing is the mats are less available and harder to get and thus the price is higher.