Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    copper silver and gold are iconic. if anything, drop all values by 2 or 3 decimal places.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then just remove copper and silver and introduce 2 new currencys, so your 1.000.000 gold is now 100 whatever.
    I don't care if they add anything above gold but keep the rest the same. That being said the only reason to add another currency is for those people with serious hoarding issues with millions of gold just rotting in their pocket and I'm pretty sure they'd probably be pretty pissed off that the numbers are now smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I don't care if they add anything above gold but keep the rest the same. That being said the only reason to add another currency is for those people with serious hoarding issues with millions of gold just rotting in their pocket and I'm pretty sure they'd probably be pretty pissed off that the numbers are now smaller.
    Pretty much... there is a very small number of players that regularly deal in enough gold to use such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I dont know why they dont just squish the numbers. I made a threath about this topic on german forums and people went like crazy "NOOOO YOU DONT TAKE MY GOLD AWAYS MIMIMIMI!!!!" people didnt understand that if we squish numbers by like :10000 you 1mio gold have the same amount as you have 100g after the squish.

I mean you squish everything. Gold from Rewards, Loot, selling, buying etc... everyone have the same amount of gold, just the numbers are smaller. Dont see a big problem here.
    There isn't a problem in the first place. You are trying to fix what is not broken because you are simply scared of large numbers.

No need to encourage inflation.
    (not implying that it'd directly boost inflation, rather that it lowers the mental and social thresholds for actually doing so; "it costs just a platinum!" vs. "it costs just 1000 gold!")
    Last edited by loras; 2022-09-02 at 01:39 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it. Squish the gold. Then hand out platinums from daily quests etc.

Fuck the WoW millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There isn't a problem in the first place. You are trying to fix what is not broken because you are simply scared of large numbers.
    Oh really, tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I'd love it. Squish the gold. Then hand out platinums from daily quests etc.

Fuck the WoW millionaires.
    Unlike their real-life counterparts their wealth is not actually capable of harming us, especially not since regional auction houses were implemented.
    Much like the comparable real world situation it ends up with poor people having to dish out more for essentials and savings evaporating, whereas the more wealthy can just take the hit and leverage said wealth to recuperate any losses.

So it's best to just let them stew in that wealth and to keep it useless by keeping stuff cheap; no point in hoarding when everything remains affordable.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I would like to see a new currency, althrough NOT platinum YET.

They should actually add 2 new currencies: Truesilver Coins and Arcanite Coins with the same conversion rate of 10000 Gold = 100 Truesilver = 1 Arcanite Coin when you reach level 70. Silver and Copper then is gone, the smallest currency then is gold. The Currency cap will be again 999999 Arcanite Coins, 99 Truesilver and 99 Gold. And when again too many people reached this cap, blizzard then can move on to add TBC-Rare Materials as currencies for example.

Adding more Goldsinks is not the solution, neither is it to limit gold as it is now. Instead just add more currency in the system, and let gold inflate by making it irrelevant.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-09-02 at 05:22 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Paralleling the stat squish, it may be a good idea to introduce a platinum coin into the game. Per the usual exchange rate, 100 Gold = 1 Platinum.
    Why though? The stat squish and level squish had a purpose. What you’re proposing has no real purpose behind it, no reason to do it other than “because”

The best reason to do this is so people can't lock down an auction on the BMAH by just bidding the gold cap. That isn't how auctions work, and it's a joke to even call it an auction if someone can do that. The only thing that should end bidding is the time running out or people giving up in the bidding war.

There would still be a gold cap if this unnecessary change was implemented, obviously. I guess we'd call it a plat cap, whoop-dee-doo, what an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What would this accomplish exactly?
    Less numbers in the lower part of your backpack

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And again, what is that going to accomplish exactly? Do numbers over 1,000 confuse people?
    Is not an issue for me, but I tried to give you an answer for your question.

Paralleling the stat squish, it may be a good idea to introduce a platinum coin into the game. Per the usual exchange rate, 100 Gold = 1 Platinum.
    Pretty sure you can do this with an add on if you really wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Pretty sure you can do this with an add on if you really wanted
    Think the point is. if you're at gold cap you have to distribute amongst several chars. This would eliminate that.

7+ Year Old Account
    they probably have such bad code as it was with adding bag slots to the starting bag that adding a platinum coin would be impossible to add

last thing this game needs is another currency. look at the currency tab right now in retail. on my paladin i have 54 currencies and i never played that toon in BC or cata. which would have added another 10-15. adding another currency to c/s/g does nothing but move a decimal point, it will do nothing to players with massive amounts of gold like myself. i sold a socketed mythic boe for 3.1 million gold in BFA the first week mythic raiding opened for the second tier. . does it make you feel better if you see it as 31000P. cause selling it for 3100000M gold is the same amount if 100g=1p. seeing less zeros doesnt mean its cheaper.

Screw all of this...just cut every gold everyone has and every price and all that is related to gold in any way through 1000 and go on...i would love to have a handle 10, 100 oder 1000g instead of 10k, 100k, 1m
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

I'd take a more drastic approach and say that 100.000 gold = 1 platinum. If we want it to have an effect on the economy we need to actually reset people's gold. Then make quests from DF give 10-18 plat per quest.

Imo all "old" world stuff could still have the same gold cost as it has now - making it essentially free. But i dont see any good way around that seing people legitimately spend real money on gold.