Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    "I really hope I can get rid of Rapid Fire though. That ability was never satisfying."

I'm still pissed about how fucked up that skill looks... instead of making it a channeled cast where the hunter draws each arrow and shoots it (like 3 shots in 1,5 seconds that hit as hard as the 8, or how many it does now) they made it look like your hunter has a spasm and it shoots red "dots" like it's using graphics from space invaders.

geez. Just thinking about it makes me angry.
    Yet, for gun enjoyers, the complete opposite is true. More bullets. Blizzard missed an opportunity to tailor the right-side of the tree to all the Legolas-Windrunner-Dark Ranger wannabes, and the left side to all the Ashe-Casidy-Raynor wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    The irony is this is what a good chunk of the old trees were.
    Yup, the majority of the old vanilla/tbc trees were just 1% stam or 2% spirit. It was incredibly boring, there were like 3 meaningful choices in the entire tree, everything else was completely uninteresting. Looks like we're just getting that again for most classes in Dragonflight, no idea why people would want a system like this honestly. There's nothing fun or engaging about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    Yet, for gun enjoyers, the complete opposite is true. More bullets. Blizzard missed an opportunity to tailor the right-side of the tree to all the Legolas-Windrunner-Dark Ranger wannabes, and the left side to all the Ashe-Casidy-Raynor wannabes.
    I don't think "gun enjoyers" enjoy that spell either considering the gun models aren't Ak47 fully automatic guns but seem to have a rather low rate of fire. It looks dumb for them as well and the animation doesn't fit either way. Even if you want more "bullets", it doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't think "gun enjoyers" enjoy that spell either considering the gun models aren't Ak47 fully automatic guns but seem to have a rather low rate of fire. It looks dumb for them as well and the animation doesn't fit either way. Even if you want more "bullets", it doesn't fit.
    It's definitely slim pickings finding a BFG in the game. Most guns are sawn-off-sawn-off-shotguns. You also get that 'bam bam bam' sound effects of rapid fire instead of the 'pop' sound of regular fire. Unless you use the 'pew pew zap' gun from Mechagon. I, for one, definitely enjoy it. So may be your chosen race just looks out of place holding a gun? Or you're holding the wrong gun? And, yes please, add an AK-47 to the game. Better yet, an M60 plus xmog bullet belt. Or just let xmog John J. Keeshan's mounted gun when you ride into Nazmir ><

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yup, the majority of the old vanilla/tbc trees were just 1% stam or 2% spirit. It was incredibly boring, there were like 3 meaningful choices in the entire tree, everything else was completely uninteresting. Looks like we're just getting that again for most classes in Dragonflight, no idea why people would want a system like this honestly. There's nothing fun or engaging about it at all.
    I wish these trees didn't have all the mandatory connections that the Dragonflight ones do. So much stupid requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really don't want MM to have to keep Serpent Sting. Even with Serpenstalkers making upkeep trivial there is just something so dumb about having a poison ability in a spec mostly about physical damage and big hitting abilities. At least in that case reskin it to a physical damage bleed to preserve the spec fantasy.
    Whether it "fits" thematically is entirely up to interpretation. As a supposed sniper spec, it's not strange that you might poison your shots. If you view theme entirely through damage types (i.e. MM is about physical damage), then it won't fit. But, in that case, I'd say Arcane Shot is a much worse culprit.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Whether it "fits" thematically is entirely up to interpretation. As a supposed sniper spec, it's not strange that you might poison your shots. If you view theme entirely through damage types (i.e. MM is about physical damage), then it won't fit. But, in that case, I'd say Arcane Shot is a much worse culprit.
    It could be somewhat fitting if it wasn't for the fact that it's both the only nature damage, but also that it doesn't fit into the spec naturally like what a bleed might.
    Change it to serrated arrows and make it physical and it would fit more snuggly into the theme. At least except for the fact that we already have Master Marksman that makes crit deal extra damage as a bleed, which fits infinitely better.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Multi-Shot and Beast Cleave don't count? /s
    Not in comparison with actual good aoe :P
    Hi

Now I made this build for PVP.
    If they don't change anything I really believe it's the most effective build.

link:
    https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight...YkooURAHGSQEBQ
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-13 at 05:21 PM.

Sounds like Double Tap will be moving somewhere else. Though I have no idea what would be better fitting in its place. Maybe the 200% multishot damage after Trick Shot buff. Not really a fitting endpoint talent, but it does fit the general AoE theme of the left side better.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Now I made this build for PVP.
    If they don't change anything I really believe it's the most effective build.

link:
    https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight...YkooURAHGSQEBQ

if you check my post a few above yours looks like we have a very similar build.

curious why you chose MD over Tranq shot for a pure pvp build?

https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight...MYmooUBQHGQQEA
    Last edited by athleet; 2022-07-13 at 10:52 PM.

moviepL0T

Quote Originally Posted by athleet View Post
    curious why you chose MD over Tranq shot for a pure pvp build?
    lol You are right. My bad. For PVP tranq is better.

About your build (in MM tree) I really think it's better to take the 2 points from Kiling Blow and put them in Caling the Shots. And I would also remove Quick Load (this talent is only activated in A very specific situation) and put this point in Surging Shots. (imo)
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-14 at 12:45 AM.

For the MSV lovers out there is a blue post on WoWhead acknowledging that SV has to many 3 caps so they are looking to remedy that. I don't want get to excited since beta has not started yet but I'll take any good news for the SV tree at this point. Hopefully we get a less point hungry SV tree in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    For the MSV lovers out there is a blue post on WoWhead acknowledging that SV has to many 3 caps so they are looking to remedy that. I don't want get to excited since beta has not started yet but I'll take any good news for the SV tree at this point. Hopefully we get a less point hungry SV tree in the future.
    They need to reduce talent point options for all Hunter trees, including the class tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I'll certainly take what I can get and the spec has quite a few to the point where you won't take most of them, but to me, it looked like you can easily and reasonably well get a "basic" version (CD reduce and +% dmg on wildfire bomb) of the current MSV+Set Bonus?

I still think all msv hunter spec might potentially suffer from having bloat. There are so many fire&forget abilities with a cooldown involved in all specs though... and being able to play Mongoose-style with trap spam alongside wildfire bombs won't feel good I'd reckon.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-07-14 at 12:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    lol You are right. My bad. For PVP tranq is better.

About your build (in MM tree) I really think it's better to take the 2 points from Kiling Blow and put them in Caling the Shots. And I would also remove Quick Load (this talent is only activated in A very specific situation) and put this point in Surging Shots. (imo)

I moved some around, my biggest goal with this build is the idea behind staying away and not getting hit and being a 1v1 god in 10v10 and 15v15's . the bursting shot cd seems like a value point to help stay alive and reset the fight and trying to stay as mobile as possible. seems like a lot of actual good choices. the dmg % and crit% increases will be more or less valuable when we get closer to actual baseline stats imo.

cool how we both have* very similar builds

this is the newest one i came up with

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...YmqIRQUHERQEBQ

updated for grammer
    Last edited by athleet; 2022-07-14 at 07:08 PM.

moviepL0T

Quote Originally Posted by athleet View Post
    I moved some around, my biggest goal with this build is the idea behind staying away and not getting hit and being a 1v1 god in 10v10 and 15v15's . the bursting shot cd seems like a value point to help stay alive and reset the fight and trying to stay as mobile as possible. seems like a lot of actual good choices. the dmg % and crit% increases will be more or less valuable when we get closer to actual baseline stats imo.

cool how we both have* very similar builds

this is the newest one i came up with

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...YmqIRQUHERQEBQ

updated for grammer
    With Crit having reduced value in PvP, there might be better choices to take if available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really don't want MM to have to keep Serpent Sting. Even with Serpenstalkers making upkeep trivial there is just something so dumb about having a poison ability in a spec mostly about physical damage and big hitting abilities. At least in that case reskin it to a physical damage bleed to preserve the spec fantasy.
    tbh serpent sting was a baseline ability for all speccs since vanilla, sure it isnt a big hitting ability but its always been a thing for hunters in general.

NGL going to miss Wild Spirits as BM.
    This, while wild spirits had it's downsides, it was probably half our DPS, we'll need a real buff to balance not having it