Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The MM tree looks pretty solid from what i can see so hopefully it wont feel garbage to play like it did in SL. still dissapointed to see that surv is being still after 6 years of feedback and terrible representation (they could atleast have added a talent that lets you go ranged or meele)

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    The MM tree looks pretty solid from what i can see so hopefully it wont feel garbage to play like it did in SL. still dissapointed to see that surv is being still after 6 years of feedback and terrible representation (they could atleast have added a talent that lets you go ranged or meele)
    Give it a rest

Huh? MM has been pretty good in SL.
    The tree actually looks pretty weak. No resonant arrow or wild spirits staying.

Edit: after closer look it doesn't look completely terrible, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-07-08 at 09:51 PM.

There are many ranged attacks in class tree, namely Explosive Shot, Concussive Shot and Chimaera Shot... I wonder if ranged weapon will be required for them or if even survival can use them.

Also, Kill Command works differently for BM and Surv - it has different CD and dmg for both specs and it generates focus for survivals. Will it now generate focus? It looks it will now hit way harder for survivals then it does now.

I would assume at this point Blizz is actually happy with SV being melee (and yes the vision of how X class should play can differ from a player's interpretation") or they are "screw you ranged SV isn't coming back".

- - - Updated - - -

I assume SV will be whipping out their mini-xbow for those spells.

Not very much creative effort gone into the trees tbh.

Take what you have now and present it a different way so it seems you're giving something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    MM has been terrible ever since BfA when someone at Blizzard decided that they didn't actually need a core mechanic for the spec. The entire fantasy of MM has been limping along by the idea of powerful Aimed Shots a d nothing else. The talents especially have been woeful as most options are either unfitting for the fantasy like Serpent Sting, or horrible underpowered compared to flat damage increases.

The MM tree looks better at least since it played like a spec from Classic, and this tree fits that kind of class much better, whereas the old tree required actual core mechanics to build around, which as I already mentioned are nonexistent in MM.

Will have to withhold most of my judgment until the actual spec is datamined though. I am quite optimistic about a build that removes Rapid Fire, but impossible to say whether that would be even remotely viable until the baseline abilities and passives are known.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    MM has been terrible ever since BfA when someone at Blizzard decided that they didn't actually need a core mechanic for the spec. The entire fantasy of MM has been limping along by the idea of powerful Aimed Shots a d nothing else. The talents especially have been woeful as most options are either unfitting for the fantasy like Serpent Sting, or horrible underpowered compared to flat damage increases.

The MM tree looks better at least since it played like a spec from Classic, and this tree fits that kind of class much better, whereas the old tree required actual core mechanics to build around, which as I already mentioned are nonexistent in MM.

Will have to withhold most of my judgment until the actual spec is datamined though. I am quite optimistic about a build that removes Rapid Fire, but impossible to say whether that would be even remotely viable until the baseline abilities and passives are known.
    I don't get it. It's like you want a spec with only aimed shot.
    If that's the case, i mean...classic does exist. I want more than one button myself.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-07-08 at 10:01 PM.

I don't get it. It's like you want a spec with only aimed shot.
    Currently the only thing MM has going for it mechanically is that Aimed Shot is strong, nothing like what Arms has with buffing Mortal Strike, which is more what I imagine a better version of MM would be like.

We briefly had something like that back in Uldir, where a selection of Azerite abilities and talents ended up with a playstyle revolving around buffing Aimed Shot to high heaven, then unleashing it at the best moment.

All the best specs have a core mechanic around which everything revolves. Fire mages with hot streak, Unholy with summoning ghouls, Fury Warrior with Rampage/Enrage, etc.
    MM doesnt have that, and because of that it suffers when it comes to talents and such, simply because there isn't a core to the spec to augment. Just go into Torghast and you will see that there isn't a complementary build that makes the spec exponentially better, just flat damage increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Currently the only thing MM has going for it mechanically is that Aimed Shot is strong, nothing like what Arms has with buffing Mortal Strike, which is more what I imagine a better version of MM would be like.

We briefly had something like that back in Uldir, where a selection of Azerite abilities and talents ended up with a playstyle revolving around buffing Aimed Shot to high heaven, then unleashing it at the best moment.

All the best specs have a core mechanic around which everything revolves. Fire mages with hot streak, Unholy with summoning ghouls, Fury Warrior with Rampage/Enrage, etc.
    MM doesnt have that, and because of that it suffers when it comes to talents and such, simply because there isn't a core to the spec to augment. Just go into Torghast and you will see that there isn't a complementary build that makes the spec exponentially better, just flat damage increases.
    I don't know if i agree. Many specs are like that.

Anyways,upon further examination i seem to be having more difficulty making a build with rapid fire than just one buffing aimed shot.

We'll see where things land. *shrugs* But, i foresee problems with this tree. The place where multi-shot is is problematic. One can take trick shots without multi-shot. It's silly.

I don't know if i agree. Many specs are like that.

Anyways,upon further examination i seem to be having more difficulty making a build with rapid fire than just one buffing aimed shot.

We'll see where things land. *shrugs* But, i foresee problems with this tree. The place where multi-shot is is problematic. One can take trick shots without multi-shot. It's silly.
    The tree in general is quite difficult to get your head around. There isn't an obvious single target or multi target build, everything leads to everything it seems.
    That being said, depending on tuning it seems like you might be able to more or less ditch Double Tap in favour of an Aimed Shit centric playstyle, which is at least marginally better than the current version where Rapid Fire is of dubious usefulness during Trueshot.
    All the crit increases does give me hope for a more focused spec for once. A secondary stat being given extra importance is basically what classes looked like back in Vanilla, but it's at least something.

Really it will all come down on whatever passives are given baseline. Could be very little in which case MM will be barely different from now, or it could have large changes which might make it play entirely differently.

I noticed that as well. Killing Blow should go to the right side and Multi shot should be put in Row 3 instead of 4 (focused aim should take the position of multi shot).
    The important part is that Multishot gets into Row 3 in the middle... like... it's *really* important.
    It's something you should always reach and not only after putting 2 points into a killshot talent.

If you do that, the tree opens up quite a bit.
    You can invest a lot of multi-shot stuff on the left, without reaching multi shot, lol.

edit: and lone wolf should switch with serpentstalker's trickery, both in numbers of points and position. (lone wolf = 2 pointer 10/20%)
    They shouldn't make lone wolf a requirement for anything, just an option.

The "Hunter tree" almost forces you into lone wolf as MM. and that shouldn't be the case, because all of a sudden your have to pick explosive trap and can't get the ST stun etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-07-08 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Give it a rest
    im not gonna rest for the fact that blizzard been ignoring feedback about survival for 6 years now, but then again, they are hellbent keeping the meme specc alive so not much i can do i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: after closer look it doesn't look completely terrible, but we'll see.
    MM have been good in terms of dmg but been feeling very clunky (atleast in my opinion). well wild spirits and resonant arrow would have gone away anyway like any other borrowed power, allthought im surprised to see they kept the necrolord chakram. but beta testing will show how things perform i believe

MM has been a horrible spec to play since BfA, which is true for most specs.

These trees are nothing new in terms of gameplay, its just more streamlined for powering up while leveling. Which is 5% of the game. If that.

I feel the opposite, Legion broke MM and BFA restored it to playability, if not outright fun.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Not very much creative effort gone into the trees tbh.

Take what you have now and present it a different way so it seems you're giving something new.
    In fact in MM they removed Sniper Shot (which sucks)...
    and added Wailing Arrow (Which is a sweet reminder of the queen of the night..)

I liked it overall. The Hunter tree allowed me to "steal" some skills that didn't belong to the MM before.

But it lacked something "innovative".

I confess that I would love a talent like:

"Don't stop now" -- Aimed Shot has 10% damage reduction BUT... is usable while moving.

p.s: Sometimes I wonder... is it so wrong to remove Camouflage and give us Perma-Stealth ?? :/
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-08 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    In fact in MM they removed Sniper Shot (which sucks)...
    and added Wailing Arrow (Which is a sweet reminder of the queen of the night..)

I liked it overall. The Hunter tree allowed me to "steal" some skills that didn't belong to the MM before.

But it lacked something "innovative".

I confess that I would love a talent like:

"Don't stop now" -- Aimed Shot has 10% damage reduction BUT... is usable while moving.

p.s: Sometimes I wonder... is it so wrong to remove Camouflage and give us Perma-Stealth ?? :/
    people would probably lose their shit if hunters had perma stealth

still dissapointed to see that surv is being still after 6 years of feedback and terrible representation (they could atleast have added a talent that lets you go ranged or meele)
    The new talent tree seemed the best way to allow either a range or melee style but looks like they didn't feel that way. Only reason I can think is balancing issues.

Here my choices for MM:

link:
    https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight...ZkIoURAjESIUBU

Devs have already said that they are waiting for Feed-Back to change some (or many) things.
    But at the moment I found this build to be the most effective for Hunter MM PVP.