Leveling a character via Suramar

I cannot overstate how satisfying it is to level an alt through Suramar. Because there are no longer time gates for Shal'Aran, you get to see your work quickly bare fruit (literally. ha.) as you progress through the story.

The only downside being you cannot start the zone until level 45, which means you will hit 50 and be booted from your Chromie Time before completing the zone.

It is so engaging and fun I've contemplated turning off XP just to finish it.

If you have an alt at or around 45, go to Khadgar in Legion's Dalaran and accept the quest "Magic Message" to begin Suramar's story.

I truly wish they'd let us start the zone at 40, or even 30 when flight is unlocked.

why do you have to use chromie time?cant you just go there normaly at lvl 45 and do it?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why do you have to use chromie time?cant you just go there normaly at lvl 45 and do it?
    I've honestly never checked? TBH you could just come back and complete it but for some reason I really enjoy not moving on beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I've honestly never checked? TBH you could just come back and complete it but for some reason I really enjoy not moving on beforehand.
    Effectively its locked at 45 regardless if you're using Chromie Time or not. The only benefit of using Chromie Time is that it will continue to scaled until you get kicked out. The good news at least is in DF you should know be able to scale Suramar and Argus from level 45 - 60 making it a viable path for leveling.

Also you might be able to level in Mechagnon and Nazjatar from 50 - 60 but it might depend how they scale things since BfA is consider the "base" experience now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Effectively its locked at 45 regardless if you're using Chromie Time or not. The only benefit of using Chromie Time is that it will continue to scaled until you get kicked out. The good news at least is in DF you should know be able to scale Suramar and Argus from level 45 - 60 making it a viable path for leveling.

Also you might be able to level in Mechagnon and Nazjatar from 50 - 60 but it might depend how they scale things since BfA is consider the "base" experience now.
    Good to know! TY Friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar was really good, glad to see you're enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Suramar was really good, glad to see you're enjoying it
    I did play through it back in Legion and it was probably in my top 5 for the expansion. But being able to go through it without time gates is super engaging.

I absolutely loved the narrative for Suramar and i felt that blizzard would use it as a template going forward but sadly that was not the case. Let's hope in Dragonflight that they use every zone to the same capacity as they all have weekly or bi weekly story based events to push an overall narrative. I do not mind time gating assuming it is masked very well.