Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Triceron or Username, could you please post my thread (art and notes below) on the official Blizzard forum on the Hunters page and if possible on the Dragonflight hunters feed-back page just for yolo plz??
    Use an alt and if you don't want to be tied to this idea just say you found it on mmochampion or something...!
    I can't do that because I "exchanged curses" with a Blizzard GM from my country and got a nice Perma-ban. I can only post on the official forums again in 2999. hahaha...
    I believe you need an active WoW account to post on official WoW forums, and I haven't been subbed since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I believe you need an active WoW account to post on official WoW forums, and I haven't been subbed since Cata.
    oh. no problem man.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Then, why doesn't WoWpedia or the WoW site update their descriptions?
    From wowpedia.
    Wowpedia is an online, public collaboration of information centering around Warcraft from Blizzard Entertainment. All information contained on this website is provided by the voluntary efforts of individual players and groups working to develop a comprehensive information resource for all Warcraft fans to use and enjoy.

This website is an open wiki. Please note that articles and information found within this wiki have not necessarily been reviewed by members of the Warcraft development or publishing team or by Fandom, Inc.

Although much of the information presented on Wowpedia will be accurate and up-to-date, Fandom cannot guarantee the validity and quality of the information. It should be understood that the content of any article may be modified or changed at any time by any member of the community. It should also be understood that any wiki page has a risk of becoming vandalized or improperly altered by others.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

With the Talent Revamps, Blizzard has already done so.

And the table has been set in a way that seats Dark Rangers as a Hunter customization moving forward.
    I only see Wailing Arrow.

They still wouldn:t be the same class unless they definitively merged the class identities through lore or Dev acknowledgement the way they did for Dark Rangers being Hunters in 9.2.5 and the Twitter interview.
    Same, not. But, a derivative perhaps.

The logic you're talking about is your personal subjective ability to grasp matters of fact. So what you're actually arguing is it doesn't make sense to you that Blizzard wouldn't make a Dark Ranger standalone class.

If we're defining the Dark Ranger as a standalone class, then we have to first acknowledge that it will never exist unless Blizzard intends to make one. And that's the key part of the equation. It may be logical to you that they should make one because of all the Dark Ranger material we have lying around. Yet it's pretty clear that they intend to only use material that fits a Hunter, and apply the entire Dark Ranger identity to the Hunter class.

Everything we've gotten since the Twitter Interview has been built around supporting this initiative, the latest which is Wailing Arrow on the Talents. We still haven't seen the full list of Hunter abilities in Dragonflight. For all we know, Black Arrow could be planned to become a baseline ability.
    Then, you'd be getting much more than just Wailing Arrow.

Because they are not a definitive source for WoW canon, they are a definitive source for all things Warcraft. That is why they include descriptions from other sources like the TCG and you had cards like Mekkatorque's defining him as a 'Warrior'.

WoWpedia is not a definitive source for WoW canon. It's a fan-driven encyclopedia of Warcraft information, that's all.
    And the official site?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    From wowpedia.
    And the WoW site?

7+ Year Old Account
    And the WoW site?
    the wow site doesn’t have pages for dark rangers at all or any other in class group as far as I’m aware.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

So you can't imagine it until you see it?

Same, not. But, a derivative perhaps.
    It'd be as much of a derivative as a Beastmaster is a type of Hunter.

Then, you'd be getting much more than just Wailing Arrow.
    How do you know they haven't already got it?

Before the Talent previews, you assumed that they had zero Dark Ranger abilities, after all.

Like I said, we haven't seen the full Hunter class abilities yet, and whether they revamped their abilities in more ways than just Talent revamp. We don't know yet.

And the official site?
    The official site is merely a marketting tool that outlines basic features and plot points, not defines any nuances in the lore.

Consider that if I asked you to find me Sunwalker lore using information from the official site, you wouldn't be find anything about them at all.

You'll find more canon in Chronicles than you would on the main site.

nightborne should also be dark rangers and it is strange why they cannot be when the other elves can, they are naturally the dark elves of wow and the closest ones looking like drows and dark rangers
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-07-19 at 07:58 AM.

the wow site doesn’t have pages for dark rangers at all or any other in class group as far as I’m aware.
    They have a Hunter page.

So you can't imagine it until you see it?
    Huh? Imagine what? Other abilities?

It'd be as much of a derivative as a Beastmaster is a type of Hunter.
    Well, not exactly.
    We know the Beastmaster is represented through the Beast Mastery spec.
    Dark Ranger is as much a Hunter as Death Knight is a Knight.

How do you know they haven't already got it?

Before the Talent previews, you assumed that they had zero Dark Ranger abilities, after all.

Like I said, we haven't seen the full Hunter class abilities yet, and whether they revamped their abilities in more ways than just Talent revamp. We don't know yet.
    I guess we'll see.

The official site is merely a marketting tool that outlines basic features and plot points, not defines any nuances in the lore.

Consider that if I asked you to find me Sunwalker lore using information from the official site, you wouldn't be find anything about them at all.

You'll find more canon in Chronicles than you would on the main site.
    Dark Ranger is a recent addition, though. And a big one nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    nightborne should also be dark rangers and it is strange why they cannot be when the other elves can, they are naturally the dark elves of wow and the closest ones looking like drows and dark rangers
    I agree.
    Though, restricting it to elves is too restrictive.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have a Hunter page.
    They do but they have also notable never included sun groups in there class pages, there is no cult of forgotten shadows on the priest page, sun walker on the pally page, or Elven ranger on the hunter page for example.

They do but they have also notable never included sun groups in there class pages, there is no cult of forgotten shadows on the priest page, sun walker on the pally page, or Elven ranger on the hunter page for example.
    Sunwalkers have no associated abilities.
    Shadow is definitely described in the Priest.
    All of the Ranger aspects are on the Hunter page.
    No Shadow in the Hunter page though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got some love...and you want more. What happens if they give this? Then next you're gonna want a spec...if you get a spec you're going to want a class

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    You got some love...and you want more. What happens if they give this? Then next you're gonna want a spec...if you get a spec you're going to want a class
    People already want a class. No matter what is given in DR aspect, people will still want the class.
    This is true for any class btw.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Sunwalkers have no associated abilities.
    Shadow is definitely described in the Priest.
    All of the Ranger aspects are on the Hunter page.
    No Shadow in the Hunter page though.
    Shadow is described in the priest but the cult of forgotten shadows is not. And not only are none of the ranger groups (farstriders sentinels) described on the hunter page rangers in general are not mentioned, same with sun walkers.

Why would you expect them to mention dark rangers when they don’t do it for any of the other core sub groups?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/classes/hunter
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/classes/priest

Also kinds important to note Triceron‘S point was about them being canon parts of the class as mentioned in multiple sources, not that there ability’s showed up on blizzards pages or any thing that that’s totally irrelevant to them being a canon part of the class.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-07-19 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Very cool. I hope Blizzard takes this one step further where these 'hero' talents become a huge trade-off where a player had to give up certain abilities in exchange for new ones.
    You mean, like the current talent system?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    You mean, like the current talent system?
    Entirely unlike the current talent system. Right now a player can pick whatever talents within their spec and not sacrifice any abilities. The 'hero talent' should be a couple of drastically new moves that mean that remove a significant number of important abilities within that spec.

And there should be a commitment to it. None of this swapping in a rested area. Players will have to pay a cost to get in and another cost to get out again. These hero talents should have role-play value rather than min-maxers quickly taking one over the ohter.

Which is the special ability by equipping Rae'shalare, Death's Whisper, that drops from Sylvanas in Sanctum of Domination. So it's not even a Marskman ability, but a Beast Mastery one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Tying customization to talents can get problematic if the cosmetic talent in question launches in a very powerful/overly weak state. I'd rather they give us more options to alter our class thematically via methods such as class trainers. For example, if you are a Paladin, you can visit a trainer to replace the "golden" glow of your holy abilities with a silver glow (matching several Paladin artwork and in-game sets such as Judgement armor, in addition for future-proofing for NE Paladins) or with a fiery, orange glow to represent Tauren Sunwalkers.
    That would be cool. They could even couple that with a small, fancy questline (nothing tedious, more a lore kind of questline) so you can get more immersed in this type of attuning. Does not have to be the extreme Warlock Green Fire experience.

Dark Ranger is a recent addition, though. And a big one nonetheless.
    Yes, so big that they decided to push the Dark Ranger questline and customizations through a 'minor content' .5 patch at the end of an expansion in complete secret. So secret that people who think Dark Rangers should be playable, like you, were arguing against secret customizations even happening.

Maybe, just maybe, you put Dark Rangers on more of a pedestal than Blizzard cares to. In their eyes, the Dark Ranger isn't even worth saving to feature as a part of the next expansion's content. They literally packaged it and threw it in the tail end of Shadowlands, with absolutely no fan fare. I don't think that would get reflected on the main WoW site's Class page if this is the case.

Mountain King or Beastmaster isn't any less represented even though they don't have their own Class page on the main site.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-19 at 06:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Nah dissagree, the nightborne werent even pressent, same for void elves. Both have absolutely no reason to be a dark ranger.

Its just super awkward void elves were even added to the costumizations, no one takes them seriously. I am a nightborne fan, but i am glad they didnt got those options as it wouldnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    That would be cool. They could even couple that with a small, fancy questline (nothing tedious, more a lore kind of questline) so you can get more immersed in this type of attuning. Does not have to be the extreme Warlock Green Fire experience.
    Other cool options would be Necromancer themes for Warlock, Thornspeaker cosmetic alterations for Druid spells, Shadowfrost variations for Frost DK's (tinging your frost spells a deathly blckish-blue so you feel less like a Frost Mage with a melee weapon), and so much more.

I really hope Blizzard continues to explore player customization going forward, as small thematic changes can have a huge impact on player investment and retention than you would initially think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?