Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Agree with some folks that the heads are too small for the bodies. Like the heads are actually REALLY cool, and so are the general colors.

    The body shape in general is like... IDK

    not bestial enough? Something closer to the Charr from GW2 would be perfect IMO (only dragon and not cat, ofc)

    I guess they're not as bad as Argonians from elder scrolls? But that's a pretty low bar to step over.

  2. #82
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,741
    I thought with the head variety that they might've been listening to the feedback they've been getting but that body options 'showcase' tells me otherwise. The fact that option 4 is the only one with any real discernible difference and it's just scaling up the shoulders and upper torso significantly to seem bulkier is really lazy. They could've gone all out with this race give us a wizenied/frail look modeled off of Maloriak, a large bulky variety to match the swole Dragonsworn, a slightly more feminized form based off the hooded Dragonkin, made a slightly more primal appeance to show connections to proto drakes and kept one that didn't look distinct one way or the other as the neutral appearance, instead we get someone's saved presets of taking 10 seconds to scale shoulder muscle_r and _l and pec_r and _l slightly.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Would be nice if the chest would be slightly more busty. But overall they are fine. If the healer spec is fun i will maybe main some for 10.0
    Everytime I see some breast-like bulbs on a lizard-folk I always think "Why? They are not mammals!".
    So Dracthyr not having actual sexual dimorphism fits perfectly, and match Warcraft dragons on that aspect.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    That's literally exactly what I'm saying, are you okay?

    I think for me it's the fact that they don't actually look like a race just a shapeshift, it's like calling the zandalari moonkin form a race
    which is funny, because I would play arakoa race if they can wear armor, but I dont like this. its not "Bad" but its not exactly high quality either.

  5. #85
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    have they re-confirmed that recently? Because a new race that can't wear the actual armour that drops when transmogs are a major part of a character for many people is just completely unacceptable.

    "but it doesn't work because of X, Y, Z". then don't design a player character race with X Y Z.
    There's no need to "re-confirm" things. What they say goes, until they change things. They said that dracthyr's "armor" is a barber shop option, and so, unless they state otherwise, we must assume that this is how things will play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  6. #86
    I will create one, play the intro for the lore then shelve it. They look too small for my taste and the heads look slapped onto a long neck.

    The fact they do not wear armor and have barber shop ones is a dumb design. I am sure there are plenty that will play them but not interested in a new class that's linked to a race that to me, is quite disappointing.


    Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

  7. #87
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,355
    lmao this is all of the body "customization" you get


  8. #88
    I think this looks much better than what we saw before. I'm genuinely excited.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Those abominations are the exact sort of thing that must never be permitted. Visage form must be destroyed.

    There is nothing more disappointing than a whole dragon class/race that doesn't have the guts to go properly all-in on the concept.
    Okay that's fine, just let me play Evoker without having to be a lizard then. You guys can be as scaley as you want, go at it. I just want to play the new class.

  10. #90
    The Lightbringer Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burpelson Air Force Base
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Everytime I see some breast-like bulbs on a lizard-folk I always think "Why? They are not mammals!".
    So Dracthyr not having actual sexual dimorphism fits perfectly, and match Warcraft dragons on that aspect.
    I get the argument but at the same time, why not just have the option for people that want dragon tits. I'll probably pass on this race/class, but I can certainly understand why some people are annoyed that it 'seems' like there's only one model option for the dragon. Putting aside the dimorphism and anatomy reptiles, it does look lazy coming from the developer to only have one model type. Especially when their human forms are just Blood Elves and Humans. Not to mention that they can't show your equipped armor in their Dracthyr form. At least they added slightly bulkier versions, still not enough imo. The whole thing looks like some bad furry OC.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.


  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I get the argument but at the same time, why not just have the option for people that want dragon tits. I'll probably pass on this race/class, but I can certainly understand why some people are annoyed that it 'seems' like there's only one model option for the dragon. Putting aside the dimorphism and anatomy reptiles, it does look lazy coming from the developer to only have one model type. Especially when their human forms are just Blood Elves and Humans. Not to mention that they can't show your equipped armor in their Dracthyr form. At least they added slightly bulkier versions, still not enough imo. The whole thing looks like some bad furry OC.
    They purposely try to make monster races as unsexy as possible it's why worgen females looked so dumb. Blizz hates the concept of rule 34 artists and in their stupidity think they can detour them.

  12. #92
    The Lightbringer Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burpelson Air Force Base
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    They purposely try to make monster races as unsexy as possible it's why worgen females looked so dumb. Blizz hates the concept of rule 34 artists and in their stupidity think they can detour them.
    Funny you say that because there's sure a lot of porn for Tauren/Worgen. I'm sure there will be a ton of it for Dracthyr. People always find a way to fetishize everything. I still think they should just give people the option to bolt on tits on their dragon. I mean, you can't even wear real armor they least they can do is add as many customization options as possible.

    Also, as someone else already stated it's pretty ridiculous that this race got greenlit when you can't even show your armor. This is a huge deal breaker for a ton of people, and it seems like a really hairbrained idea when they emphasized the return of class themed set pieces. Seeing it in your visage form that is only accessible outside of combat is pointless. I can't see a good excuse to not allow you to wear armor, the new model is basically a stitchwork of the female worgen model and they managed to put armor on those pups.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.


  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I guess you aren't wrong. I just feel like a good bit of the fun is that someone else made it the way they wanted to.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's racist.
    That's an rp CARTEL baybee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  14. #94
    If you think they specifically make some races unsexy for the sole purpose of having people not create r34, then I worry for you
    If you can't see your own armor that's just as ridiculous as the severe lack of customization to make yourself feel unique. It doesn't look bad, it just won't ever make up for what we lose for it.

    I think that it's likely the same idiot who actually does want them to be so fucking boring is equally the one that thought locking an entire class behind this shitty race was a good idea. If you finally decide to release a new race/class after years and then you decide to race lock it you should be fired out of a cannon. We already have that restriction with the previous class, we didn't need it again

  15. #95
    Now Im just praying for bigger heads

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    lmao this is all of the body "customization" you get

    https://i.imgur.com/Swjq0LD.gif
    Yeah, compared to the ZERO body customization you get for the other races, I'd say this is better.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    That's the intention. It's largely a female styled "gender neutral" design. Designed by a female. It sadly doesn't seem popular with most males and not the sort most females will go for.

    As it stands, not being able to use visage form in combat might finish this race off, at least if visage form was useable, I can see a much bigger crowd opting for it because of that alternative - having only to appear in Dracthyr form for certain abilities which will trigger an auto transformation.


    If you ask me, tha'ts the way to go, they seriously need all the possible options available at this point or no one will be interested.

    This also includes opening up other classes to them - I can understand for now that other races cannot be evokers, however I cannot understand why Drachtyr cannot learn to be mages, shaman, druids, warriors, hunters, rogues, priests, monks - which are the main classes associated with Dragons. [no Dks, DHs, Warlocks or Palas] - although I could see PAlas and DHs being a possibility later down the line].

    Down the line also, Trolls, Elves, Worgen - (with possibley Forsaken and Draenei coming in later)
    I mean, if they want a more masculine option to be added all they could do is just broaden the shoulders a little and widen the rib cage. Adding more muscle thickness isn't gonna fix it the issue all that much and it isn't like people want an hourglass body... Most of the male races have huge wide frames.

    Either A. They can't do it because of the limitations of the game's engine (which I highly doubt is the case), B. The only had enough time and budget to work with this one type of rig, or C. They intended the drac'thyr to look like this regardless of who was designing the model.

    And I'm not suggesting they should scrap the gender neutral design for a more feminine/masculine design, but people will want more than just same design frame... The more options they give, the more people will be into it. (Also, more class options is a plus as well)

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    lmao this is all of the body "customization" you get

    It's a good start. The wings behind make the changes to the shoulders look smaller than they actually are. Hope they can apply this system to the old races as well once it's fully developed.

  19. #99
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Can't wait to not only deny Alliance Players, but also this race from all my groups. Oh wait, good thing I am in an all goblin only guild.
    Do people still make one race guilds? I remember that happening a lot in vanilla, I remember this all gnome guild and me thinking, 'raiding must be a bitch for you' lol. Of course this was back when races didn't have as much flexibility of class choices :P

    Good to see that sort of thing is still going though.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  20. #100
    The heads need protruding fangs and to be upscaled a little more - they look quite strange otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •