Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Funny you say that because there's sure a lot of porn for Tauren/Worgen. I'm sure there will be a ton of it for Dracthyr. People always find a way to fetishize everything. I still think they should just give people the option to bolt on tits on their dragon. I mean, you can't even wear real armor they least they can do is add as many customization options as possible.

    Also, as someone else already stated it's pretty ridiculous that this race got greenlit when you can't even show your armor. This is a huge deal breaker for a ton of people, and it seems like a really hairbrained idea when they emphasized the return of class themed set pieces. Seeing it in your visage form that is only accessible outside of combat is pointless. I can't see a good excuse to not allow you to wear armor, the new model is basically a stitchwork of the female worgen model and they managed to put armor on those pups.
    You can stay in combat in your human form to my understanding unlike worgen so I doubt you will see many lizards running around.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, compared to the ZERO body customization you get for the other races, I'd say this is better.
    Not by much... while making a race of fat people is funny from a meta stand point. This is really piss poor character customization. Even in the early 2000s this would suck its actually on par with old school runescape body choices.

  2. #102
    Body 5, head and wings size options would be great!

  3. #103
    The Patient Meow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    232
    Still a degenerated race...

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Still a degenerated race...
    Looking at your avatar, a degenerate race is something you should thoroughly enjoy.

  5. #105
    Still looks more like a scalies fantasy/fan fic than some humanoid drakonid. Hell they already had biped mean looking drakonids as far back as vanilla but of course they couldn't use those as an inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  6. #106
    Wow these are some great 2nd life avatars!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogswolf View Post
    Honestly, grow up. We don't want your hateful bigotry in the game or on the forums.
    It does look like a furry abomination, this does not look like a typical warcraft drakonid. It looks like a scaley fan art of what they wish drakonids looked like. I guess they got their wish.

  7. #107
    what the hell is with these. They look so weak / awful

  8. #108
    Why do they all look like they are smiling.... Are they not like dragon elite soldiers?

  9. #109
    that dragon looks like a fucking 3rd grader's drawing. how the hell does a dragon that flies and walks upright have muscles in their arms?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    that dragon looks like a fucking 3rd grader's drawing. how the hell does a dragon that flies and walks upright have muscles in their arms?
    Ironically the biggest complaint is that they don't have more muscles in their arms.

  11. #111
    These models just look disproportionate and plain bad.

    Long thick legs, long skinny arms and neck, small torso and head, gigantic feet and hands, and the wider hips to shoulders ratio is making them all have a feminine figure. If they fixed the proportions alone they'd look way better.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    There is no amount of feedback they could address that would make me want to play as a lizard person, if that's your thing, cool, but it's just not for me. However, I have wanted to play a new ranged class in this game since it was released, and I will not be able to now that they have finally released a new one because there is absolutely no way I would play as this race.

    If you could be in human form at all times and look like this fan art, that is the only way I would ever play this race.

    We have enough races like this, but we didn't need the current furry dragon Dracthyr is either. We've got enough furry representation too.

  13. #113
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,061
    Absolutely ridiculous that they are caring more about the color of the thing than the actual model, those "buffy" options are lame as fuck, the preview with that tiny little head is awful and goofy;

    At least they are seeing how dumb would be to make the "new race" not use the armor like worgens do.

    Sadly, no updates on the shit, garbage visage form, and seems like you will have to "wear with pride" with those lame human/elf hybrids they are forcing us, despite dragons being able to turn into any humanoid.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I mean, if they want a more masculine option to be added all they could do is just broaden the shoulders a little and widen the rib cage. Adding more muscle thickness isn't gonna fix it the issue all that much and it isn't like people want an hourglass body... Most of the male races have huge wide frames.

    Either A. They can't do it because of the limitations of the game's engine (which I highly doubt is the case), B. The only had enough time and budget to work with this one type of rig, or C. They intended the drac'thyr to look like this regardless of who was designing the model.

    And I'm not suggesting they should scrap the gender neutral design for a more feminine/masculine design, but people will want more than just same design frame... The more options they give, the more people will be into it. (Also, more class options is a plus as well)
    Yeh.. the original design is the issue, it feels more feminine for a dragon. Dragons are huge, with massive chests to breathe fire.. now the model might be more androgynous for a lizard race that wasn't meant to be a mini-dragon, but it isn't - and those hips and legs far too feminine to be androgynous.

    With that original design, the modifications you can make are limited, I guess we don't get more because that might mean difficulty for gear sets? don't know how their set up runs to be honest.

    It might feel different when we start playing them.. so who knows.. sometimes pictures don't quite give the same perspective as animations... But i largely agree with you.

    I think we do need the slimmer type dracthyr, it would be nice, but not without the beasty hulk like one which fits more the line of a dragon.. which is why body siders was a good idea, but not if it doesn't go all the way.


    And visage form - that should be a must in combat, because it makes the race more appealing for people who don't like monster races - and it's unique enough with it's horns and silhouette to be combat functional for those who like it. You'd just make it more popular, it would be like getting two races, an allied elf/human race and a dragon race all in one, boosting popularinty.

  15. #115
    What the h... this looks,. like an abomination.

    All the other - current - big dragons are huge in dragon form,. and nearly pass for human in their human form.
    These are, looking like some kind of weird hybrid oddity.

    I wonder what the idea is behind that.
    Younger dragons that haven't fully mastered the act of transformation perhaps?

  16. #116
    The Lightbringer Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burpelson Air Force Base
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    You can stay in combat in your human form to my understanding unlike worgen so I doubt you will see many lizards running around.
    If this is true, I have no issues with the class/race.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.


  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yeh.. the original design is the issue, it feels more feminine for a dragon. Dragons are huge, with massive chests to breathe fire.. now the model might be more androgynous for a lizard race that wasn't meant to be a mini-dragon, but it isn't - and those hips and legs far too feminine to be androgynous.

    With that original design, the modifications you can make are limited, I guess we don't get more because that might mean difficulty for gear sets? don't know how their set up runs to be honest.

    It might feel different when we start playing them.. so who knows.. sometimes pictures don't quite give the same perspective as animations... But i largely agree with you.

    I think we do need the slimmer type dracthyr, it would be nice, but not without the beasty hulk like one which fits more the line of a dragon.. which is why body siders was a good idea, but not if it doesn't go all the way.


    And visage form - that should be a must in combat, because it makes the race more appealing for people who don't like monster races - and it's unique enough with it's horns and silhouette to be combat functional for those who like it. You'd just make it more popular, it would be like getting two races, an allied elf/human race and a dragon race all in one, boosting popularinty.



    This is kinda my issue with it as well. They went for a slender more feminine looking design when, in reality, they should have gone for a more "male" looking design if anything.

    There's a reason why every dragon aspect looks pretty much the same in their dragon form. I don't know any lizard-like creatures that really vary in appearance based on gender the same way a lot of other animals do. I could 100% tell you which lion was a female and which lion was a male, but I would not be able to walk up and identify a female Alligator based on one having slimmer and more curvy features than the rest.

    A large, bulky, and angry looking lizard would be significantly MORE androgynous in design than what we have now. I also think limiting the options just overall stunts the player's expression of their character. Like I understand the point is that they wanted the race to look similar regardless of gender, but that doesn't mean you need to lock the player's ability to design and customize the character.


    If anything, the lack of variation between genders should only open up significantly MORE customization options. The dragon form is essentially one half of the usual race. They should have designed both male and female looking dragon form options and then given every option to both genders.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This is kinda my issue with it as well. They went for a slender more feminine looking design when, in reality, they should have gone for a more "male" looking design if anything.

    There's a reason why every dragon aspect looks pretty much the same in their dragon form. I don't know any lizard-like creatures that really vary in appearance based on gender the same way a lot of other animals do. I could 100% tell you which lion was a female and which lion was a male, but I would not be able to walk up and identify a female Alligator based on one having slimmer and more curvy features than the rest.

    A large, bulky, and angry looking lizard would be significantly MORE androgynous in design than what we have now. I also think limiting the options just overall stunts the player's expression of their character. Like I understand the point is that they wanted the race to look similar regardless of gender, but that doesn't mean you need to lock the player's ability to design and customize the character.


    If anything, the lack of variation between genders should only open up significantly MORE customization options. The dragon form is essentially one half of the usual race. They should have designed both male and female looking dragon form options and then given every option to both genders.
    Yeh, it's that they made this lizard race, dragon based and breathing fire - which kind demands a big chest, if it was a normal lizard race - who's to say right?

    Still, I do like that there is a slimmer version, but feel that the bulkier version should be more male orientated - and that androgynous version looks more female because of those legs - makes it look like it has hips and a womb which is a minor put off for me who prefers more anime, androgynous type models - which kinda leaves visage form as my long shot for playing Dracthyr - if it is permitted in combat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    We have enough races like this, but we didn't need the current furry dragon Dracthyr is either. We've got enough furry representation too.
    You may think so, but @Flower Milk actually reflects a much larger amount of people than I suspect you realise and there is strong indication you are mistaken about your assertion since people are still asking for more allied races and customisation options for those "we have many races like these" and those demands are still the most popular out there.

    it does actually heavily lend weight to having usable visage forms of these in combat which would boost both the appeal for the new race an thus expansion by default because people like Flower Milk and myself would be far more inclined even excited to use them now regardless of our misgivings of the dragon form.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yeh, it's that they made this lizard race, dragon based and breathing fire - which kind demands a big chest, if it was a normal lizard race - who's to say right?

    Still, I do like that there is a slimmer version, but feel that the bulkier version should be more male orientated - and that androgynous version looks more female because of those legs - makes it look like it has hips and a womb which is a minor put off for me who prefers more anime, androgynous type models - which kinda leaves visage form as my long shot for playing Dracthyr - if it is permitted in combat.
    Yeah I really just don't know why they didn't design both a "male" and "female" look for the race and then slap us with the "You don't need to be a specific gender to make your character look a certain way" which I think would have gone down infinitely better than this.

    You could be a slender, happy male or a buff, bulky, and angry female if you want instead of basically having to go with the happy slender frame and then your... chest gets replaced? It doesn't even look quite right like the head and neck doesn't even change size lol

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You may think so, but @Flower Milk actually reflects a much larger amount of people than I suspect you realise and there is strong indication you are mistaken about your assertion since people are still asking for more allied races and customisation options for those "we have many races like these" and those demands are still the most popular out there.

    it does actually heavily lend weight to having usable visage forms of these in combat which would boost both the appeal for the new race an thus expansion by default because people like Flower Milk and myself would be far more inclined even excited to use them now regardless of our misgivings of the dragon form.
    The picture was literally just another slutty elf race though. I mean I know this website had a long (probably still ongoing) thread for getting Blood Elves with blue eyes and calling them High Elves (with no other changes), so I'm probably shouting into the void there a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •