Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The new Dracthyr race provides a variety of features to customize your character including bold horn options, a diverse palette of colors to choose from, and more. In this preview, we show off more of the choices available for you to fully express your Dracthyr form.

Choose from a variety of options for your Dracthyr including horns, scales, snouts, eyes, and more.

Embrace your individuality with a range of expressive colors.

Wear your armor with pride.

Several body options will be available for you to choose from during creation.

This is just a sampling of the variety of options that players will have at their fingertips to create their Dracthyr Evoker to carry them into new adventures in the Dragon Isles. Who will you become?
    Last edited by Stoy; 2022-07-11 at 05:14 PM.

Its essential that they nail this race well,we have never had a situation where one race is also its class,and no other class can be that race,if this dragon doesnt look and feel cool,it will have the oposite effect of dk's in wrath,hardly any1 will play it

unless ofc the class is op

I think it looks fine as far as these options show. I was most worried about the armor selection since some parts won't show, but these few that are shown are fine, I think.

Obviously these are my opinions and others might not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think it looks fine as far as these options show. I was most worried about the armor selection since some parts won't show, but these few that are shown are fine, I think.

Obviously these are my opinions and others might not agree.
    What a reasonable take. We don't do that here.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

No thanks.

Those "body options" don't do it for me, it still looks way off to me.

Hard pass.

Curious if the armor is still barbershop only.

I think the bulkier options are fine though, go along way to fixing my issues with them.

the race still looks scrawny and wimpy which is odd for a dragon/humanoid hybrid.
    dragons in warcraft are buff, humanoids in warcraft are buff but for some reason the hybrid looks malnourished.

heads look nice but the "wing toe" is absolutely horrible, dearly hope there is an option to hide that or have some armor cover it.
    overall still feels and looks more like a fan project and less like a multi-billion dollar corporation is putting real effort into it.

Really just depends on how OP the class is, then no one cares what it looks like. I mean some of yall played the ugliest hunched-back trolls for years just cause the racial was really good.

Their heads still look like shit though.

The thighs are too big and make them look feminine, I do like the armors a lot though
    Last edited by gd8; 2022-07-11 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still not a fan of those models, they just look weird to me and I cannot place what it is.

This whole race still feels like some really degenerate Sims mod than Warcraft to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp.

Could be worse.

Could use more body options, also various sizes for heads and more wing options.

Gimme dem Malygos-like wings that attach to the whole spine.

While it's a positive change i'm not sure it's enough yet to make it a success, but it's a step in the right direction.
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Bigger difference with their body sizes than I thought they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    The thighs are too big and make them look feminine, I do like the armors a lot though
    You do realize that large thighs/hips is a predominantly feminine trait? Like, what?

They are okay i guess? Not bad, not good for me. The male look very feminine. But i do spot a Infinite dragonflight like color, so guess i know what mine will look like!

Lmao the body options are non-existent because they re-used an old rig instead of making a new one.

Unbelievable how lazy these assholes are.

I like them, I just think tying them to 1 class is not good. So... Dracthyr Warriors when?

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    You do realize that large thighs/hips is a predominantly feminine trait? Like, what?
    That's what they're saying?