Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    I don't appreciate the idea that it makes """sense""" for the Dracthyr to be scrawny nerds because they're spellcasters. Normalize Muscle Wizards.
    This so much, I am sick of those stereotypes as well

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    This so much, I am sick of those stereotypes as well
    I mean we have beefy race that can be casters already, it is insanely strange...


    ....unless you realize this is Blizzard and they are lazy as fuck and always doing preparing things that are shipped "raw" so isnt a surprise.

  3. #403
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Are unpopular, which is false but i mean you went full mad after no tinker for the 8787 time and now you are larping as drachtyr die hard, because xmog.
    Actually I'm still a rather huge fan of the Tinker class concept. I just also happen to be a fan of being a playable dragon. I made that quite clear before the expansion was revealed.

    You do know that people can like more than one thing correct?

    Belf > Human > Orc > Draenei
    Yeah, no. It goes Blood Elf, Night Elf, Orc, Human, Troll, Tauren, with 1/5 players overall being Blood Elves.

    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races

    Now, Tauren are up there because they were the only Horde race to be able to be Druids, and they were only the second race in the Horde to be able to be Paladins. That drove their numbers considerably. If you look at their old population numbers attached to classes, the vast majority of Tauren are in fact Druids.

    Now, after Tauren, the next bulky race that shows up is Draenei, and they're worse off than Pandaren. Further, I would be willing to bet that the majority of Draenei players are playing the female model, which isn't huge and bulky, but actually rather slim.

    After Draenei, it's straight to the bottom of the totem pole. Kul'tirans, LF Draenei, and HM Tauren were all legitimate failures. If you added another huge, bulky race to the roster, it would sink to the bottom of the pile. Probably right next to mechagnomes.

    We need to get off this idea that people care about seeing their xmog in combat, they don't. If they did, Druids would be one of the worst performing classes instead of the best.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, no. It goes Blood Elf, Night Elf, Orc, Human, Troll, Tauren, with 1/5 players overall being Blood Elves.
    yeah no if you were able to read that

    Belf > Human > Orc > Draenei

    was regarding the xmog-ness of those classes compared to other races, your link is just useless because it mix people playing that races for PVP purpose, PVE purpose o likeness.


    Also your link still prove my point since se can clearly see at the bottom




    mechagnome gnome kultiran because xmog on these race is dogshit.



    So "beefy" race are still the most played beside Belf because Human and Orc doesnt look like shit with any xmog compared to Tauren, Worgen, Panda etc etc


    QED

  5. #405
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    yeah no if you were able to read that

    Belf > Human > Orc > Draenei

    was regarding the xmog-ness of those classes compared to other races, your link is just useless because it mix people playing that races for PVP purpose, PVE purpose o likeness.
    Oh, so you were just talking about your opinion. Gotcha.


    Also your link still prove my point since se can clearly see at the bottom




    mechagnome gnome kultiran because xmog on these race is dogshit.



    So "beefy" race are still the most played beside Belf because Human and Orc doesnt look like shit with any xmog compared to Tauren, Worgen, Panda etc etc
    Humans and Orcs are nowhere near as “beefy” as Kul’Tirans, Tauren, and Draenei, which is about the size one would expect from a Drakonoid. Further, Draenei especially benefit from an attractive female model. Drakonoids would not.

    Again, outside of Tauren who benefit heavily from Druid and Paladin access, big beefy races have traditionally underperformed in WoW.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    Does that mean, you and the rest of #TeamScalie wants a skinny dude in a Dragon costume?
    i just want something that isnt on stereoids (and a option for a more feminime shaped dracthyr aswell)

  7. #407
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Humans and Orcs are nowhere near as “beefy” as Kul’Tirans, Tauren, and Draenei, which is about the size one would expect from a Drakonoid. Further, Draenei especially benefit from an attractive female model. Drakonoids would not.

    Again, outside of Tauren who benefit heavily from Druid and Paladin access, big beefy races have traditionally underperformed in WoW.
    Kultirans are obese, that is not "beefy", orcs, humans and draenei are pretty beefy, hell even night elves are muscular, and yes they are very playable

    the idea of races not being playable because they are "beefy" is ridiculous, @diporco is right about people going for races that look good on xmog, its one of the selling points together with racials being op

  8. #408
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Kultirans are obese, that is not "beefy", orcs, humans and draenei are pretty beefy, hell even night elves are muscular, and yes they are very playable

    the idea of races not being playable because they are "beefy" is ridiculous, @diporco is right about people going for races that look good on xmog, its one of the selling points together with racials being op
    I never said they're unplayable, I said they're unpopular. If not for the general attractiveness of Dranei Females, Draenei would be FAR lower than they currently are, and they're already low considering their background.

  9. #409
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I never said they're unplayable, I said they're unpopular. If not for the general attractiveness of Dranei Females, Draenei would be FAR lower than they currently are, and they're already low considering their background.
    And you are wrong, humans and orcs are goddammit popular, what game are you even playing

    like, straight up top 4 most popular races my dude.

  10. #410
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And you are wrong, humans and orcs are goddammit popular, what game are you even playing

    like, straight up top 4 most popular races my dude.
    Again, Humans and Orcs are not as big as Tauren and Draenei, and neither would be nearly as large as the Drakonoid you crave.

    Please stop being dishonest.

  11. #411
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, Humans and Orcs are not as big as Tauren and Draenei, and neither would be nearly as large as the Drakonoid you crave.

    Please stop being dishonest.
    Draenei are as much popular too.

    Taurens are hunched cow people that get funky with armor, you are the one being dishonest here, trying to compare then while excluding orcs and humans, which, should be the dracthyr build, just like the new drakonid.

    And its even more dishonest cause taurens are fairly popular, more than things like pandaren

  12. #412
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Draenei are as much popular too.

    Taurens are hunched cow people that get funky with armor, you are the one being dishonest here, trying to compare then while excluding orcs and humans, which, should be the dracthyr build, just like the new drakonid.

    And its even more dishonest cause taurens are fairly popular, more than things like pandaren
    Tauren are fairly popular because they were the only horde race that could be Druid for years, and they're the only standard Horde race outside of Blood Elves that can be Paladin. Both of those facts drive Tauren numbers.

    Again, Draenei's numbers are lower than they should be considering their history as the first Alliance Shaman and the third Alliance race to be Paladins. They're below Pandaren, which indicates that the main thing keeping them afloat is the female model.

    Also we can't ignore the fact that the three large bulky races introduced in BFA all flopped hard. That indicates that another new large bulky race would also flop.

  13. #413
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tauren are fairly popular because they were the only horde race that could be Druid for years, and they're the only standard Horde race outside of Blood Elves that can be Paladin. Both of those facts drive Tauren numbers.

    Again, Draenei's numbers are lower than they should be considering their history as the first Alliance Shaman and the third Alliance race to be Paladins. They're below Pandaren, which indicates that the main thing keeping them afloat is the female model.

    Also we can't ignore the fact that the three large bulky races introduced in BFA all flopped hard. That indicates that another new large bulky race would also flop.
    The bolded part is just plain guessing on your part. BfA had numerus issue with its allied race system, like the fact that you had to play older content, that you needed to level up one from scratch to get the heritage armor and some other weird requirements. Not to mention that adding a bulkier option would not delete the other options.

    What many people are saying is that they want to play as dragons, the current dracthyr looks like lizards, the current beefier option is still to thin, meanwhile, they have a new dragonsworn model, that is exactly what people want. No matter how you slice it, it is valid criticism. I think it INCREDIBLY sad, because the drakonid looks like a dragon, the Dracthyr looks like a human in dragon costume.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  14. #414
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tauren are fairly popular because they were the only horde race that could be Druid for years, and they're the only standard Horde race outside of Blood Elves that can be Paladin. Both of those facts drive Tauren numbers.
    And, what about now, why are they still popular with so many druids?, maybe, i dunno, people actually like then and the idea to be a freaking minotaur? lul
    Again, Draenei's numbers are lower than they should be considering their history as the first Alliance Shaman and the third Alliance race to be Paladins. They're below Pandaren, which indicates that the main thing keeping them afloat is the female model.
    In what world are draeneis lower than pandarens? maybe the lighforged, but not the main ones.

    Also we can't ignore the fact that the three large bulky races introduced in BFA all flopped hard. That indicates that another new large bulky race would also flop.
    you mean HM tauren and LF draenei i assume, and you talked about dishonesty, like, my guy, they are copy paste of the main ones with nothing new, of course they would not be popular. Kul'tiran floopped because they are obese, not because they are "bulky"

    and surprisingly all of then are more popular than mechagnomes.

    Yet, maghar orcs, another bulky race you ignored, is fairly popular, even considering they are just a recolor of the main one with worse racials.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    What many people are saying is that they want to play as dragons, the current dracthyr looks like lizards, the current beefier option is still to thin, meanwhile, they have a new dragonsworn model, that is exactly what people want. No matter how you slice it, it is valid criticism. I think it INCREDIBLY sad, because the drakonid looks like a dragon, the Dracthyr looks like a human in dragon costume.
    thats basically the point people like to ignore, the new drakonid is the perfect depiction of what a humanoid dragon should look like, its not too bulky like a kul'tirans, is just the right size.

    I bet they look sick with plate and mail.

  15. #415
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The bolded part is just plain guessing on your part. BfA had numerus issue with its allied race system, like the fact that you had to play older content, that you needed to level up one from scratch to get the heritage armor and some other weird requirements. Not to mention that adding a bulkier option would not delete the other options.
    Yet Void Elves, Zandalari, and Vulpera are among the most popular races in WoW despite being ARs.

    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races

    What many people are saying is that they want to play as dragons, the current dracthyr looks like lizards, the current beefier option is still to thin, meanwhile, they have a new dragonsworn model, that is exactly what people want. No matter how you slice it, it is valid criticism. I think it INCREDIBLY sad, because the drakonid looks like a dragon, the Dracthyr looks like a human in dragon costume.
    No, the Dragonsworn model is exactly what YOU want, let's not get that confused.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And, what about now, why are they still popular with so many druids?, maybe, i dunno, people actually like then and the idea to be a freaking minotaur? lul
    Because due to legacy they're seen as the Horde's Druid race. BTW, Druids drive Troll numbers as well.


    In what world are draeneis lower than pandarens? maybe the lighforged, but not the main ones.
    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races


    you mean HM tauren and LF draenei i assume, and you talked about dishonesty, like, my guy, they are copy paste of the main ones with nothing new, of course they would not be popular. Kul'tiran floopped because they are obese, not because they are "bulky"

    and surprisingly all of then are more popular than mechagnomes.

    Yet, maghar orcs, another bulky race you ignored, is fairly popular, even considering they are just a recolor of the main one with worse racials.

    And again, Orcs are not as huge as Tauren and Draenei.

  16. #416
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yet Void Elves, Zandalari, and Vulpera are among the most popular races in WoW despite being ARs.

    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races



    No, the Dragonsworn model is exactly what YOU want, let's not get that confused.
    It still just your guesses. Not to mentio that there are very 2 different types of bulkiness. But sure, lets equate a beefy human with a Dragon.

    And yes, it is what I want, And many others as well.

    Stop handwaving valid criticism away.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  17. #417
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yet Void Elves, Zandalari, and Vulpera are among the most popular races in WoW despite being ARs.

    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics?tab=races
    Yet, they are lower than the bulky zandalari


    No, the Dragonsworn model is exactly what YOU want, let's not get that confused.
    Nope, is exactly what many people want, stop pretending tis only one or two people.


    Because due to legacy they're seen as the Horde's Druid race. BTW, Druids drive Troll numbers as well.
    BS, they are the 6° most popular race, a single race can't put then that high.


    They are counting both factions, of course their numbers will bump up, lmao
    And again, Orcs are not as huge as Tauren and Draenei.
    They are as huge as draenei, and tauren are the 6° most popular race

    therefore, proving you wrong.

    But i like how you think is either tauren or blood elf, pretending its the only bulky possible.

  18. #418
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yet, they are lower than the bulky zandalari
    We're going to act like the Zandalari are as bulky as Tauren or Draenei males?

    Okay.



    Nope, is exactly what many people want, stop pretending tis only one or two people.
    What "many people want" is irrelelvant, because "many people" have shown an inability to form a consensus on what exactly they want.


    At this point, there's no reason to continue this discussion. You're a hater who is upset that Blizzard didn't go in the design direction YOU wanted. As I said in the other thread, I recommend you move on, or simply stay miserable. This argument over the "buffness" of Dracthyr has been going on for over 3 months now, and it's ridiculous and pointless.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    They still look like twinks from My Little Pony, not warriors from Warcraft.
    They aren't warriors. They're casters.
    And almost every single race in the game is less beefy than the least beefy Dracthyr options, so I'm not sure why people pretend like this is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

  20. #420
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We're going to act like the Zandalari are as bulky as Tauren or Draenei males?

    Okay.
    So, youa re goign to pretend they are not bulky?

    whats your fixation to compare things with tauren?



    What "many people want" is irrelelvant, because "many people" have shown an inability to form a consensus on what exactly they want.
    What many people want is 100% relevant because the game is for the majority, and people want bulky options, simple as it is, thats the consensus

    only ~~some~~ people whoa re still hellbent in lick blizzard boots that don't want more options and think no changes or new options should be added

    At this point, there's no reason to continue this discussion. You're a hater who is upset that Blizzard didn't go in the design direction YOU wanted. As I said in the other thread, I recommend you move on, or simply stay miserable. This argument over the "buffness" of Dracthyr has been going on for over 3 months now, and it's ridiculous and pointless.
    Nope, im upset that blizzard did a shit design and i want better options

    And i don't want to hear about "move on" from a tinker fanatic, that is way too funny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •