Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    I legitimately think the issue is not their "buffness." People who have an issue with the Dracthyr say that because they can't properly articulate the real issue: Dracthyr's proportions.

It's standard to measure characters in terms of "head height." The standard for a realistic human is about 7.5 heads tall, which means their total height should be equivalent to 7.5 of their heads stacked up. WoW stretches this because of its stylized look, but the most common head height for WoW races is 8-9, with occasional outliers, like Tauren at ~6. Worgen, Draenei, Sethrak, and the new Dragonkin NPCs? All 8-9.

However, Dracthyr are a staggering FOURTEEN heads tall. This really doesn't come down to taste, it's just a failure of basic character art. Their heads are simply too small relative to their bodies.

Other issues are evident when you look to how they deviate from the other beast races that do follow the head height rules. Sethrak have bent necks to stick within 9 heads, and other beast races have bent backs. Similarly, the Dracthyr's legs are seriously different when compared to every other race with similar legs. The Dracthyr's legs appear much longer than the others because while on other races the section of leg below the knee is parallel with the ground, theirs are at a slight angle which gives them needed height.

I know art is subjective, but these are basic rules of anatomy that have been broken, rules that have been followed almost everywhere else in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Who do you think you are deceiving?
    My push for the Tinker always revolved around a new ranged spec and healing spec along with a new mail class. The DE grants us all of that, so while a Tinker class would be nice, it's no longer necessary.

Nope, many people want that, again, stop pretending its just me, take away your bias glasses and look, even the mmochampion pools heavily shows how people want changes.
    "Many people" matters little. What matters is the current design goals of Blizzard and their new race/class. Those design goals don't include stretching the race into other classes, or making it the size of a Drakonoid, at least in this expansion. Save your powder for 11.0. However, I would say the chances of it happening in 11.0 are also slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    My push for the Tinker always revolved around a new ranged spec and healing spec along with a new mail class. The DE grants us all of that, so while a Tinker class would be nice, it's no longer necessary.
    I'm going to save this comment for two expansions from now when you're arguing that WoW needs Tinker Mechanic to save itself from the brink of destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm going to save this comment for two expansions from now when you're arguing that WoW needs Tinker Mechanic to save itself from the brink of destruction.
    When did I ever argue that any class was needed to save WoW from the brink of extinction? I've always argued that WoW needed a ranged hybrid class that utilizes mail armor. For many years, Tinker was the best candidate for that new class. However, eventually HotS offered us another option when it introduced Chromie, Alexstraza, and Deathwing as hero characters post Legion.

When did I ever argue that any class was needed to save WoW from the brink of extinction? I've always argued that WoW needed a ranged hybrid class that utilizes mail armor. For many years, Tinker was the best candidate for that new class. However, eventually HotS offered us another option when it introduced Chromie, Alexstraza, and Deathwing as hero characters post Legion.
    You could power the entire planet for a couple millennia utilizing a mere fraction of the energy you spent arguing in favor of Tinker every single time the topic came up. Obviously my statement was a bit hyperbolic but I have a sneaking suspicion that your hyper fascination with Tinker will come back around in a few expansions.

They looked fine from the start, people just like to complain about anything

10+ Year Old Account
    You could power the entire planet for a couple millennia utilizing a mere fraction of the energy you spent arguing in favor of Tinker every single time the topic came up. Obviously my statement was a bit hyperbolic but I have a sneaking suspicion that your hyper fascination with Tinker will come back around in a few expansions.
    I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Pretty much this. It's gotten pathetic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    When your into this then yes they are fine....
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-07-22 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

7+ Year Old Account
    You and me both

"Many people" matters little. What matters is the current design goals of Blizzard and their new race/class. Those design goals don't include stretching the race into other classes, or making it the size of a Drakonoid, at least in this expansion. Save your powder for 11.0. However, I would say the chances of it happening in 11.0 are also slim to none.
    Ah yes, what many people wants matter little, the playerbase means little, what matter is the design goal

no matter if only a few people play it or are satisfied, what matter is what the devs want

Mod Edit: Don't dip into forbidden topics.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-07-22 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topic