Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm sorry... are you people wanting DragonBall Z muscle proportions?

Something something "impossible physical standards" and all that argument entails.
    Yes we'd like impossible physical standards for imaginary creatures.

Personally I'd just like four real steps on this slider. Because here it looks like only one and four are relevant.

Also, head and neck are part of the body too, supposedly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm sorry... are you people wanting DragonBall Z muscle proportions?
    I think at this point they are just memeing, because the Dracthyr have options to be buff with masculine faces fitting for World of Warcraft yet people want them even wider or something.

Or the more common theory: they are projecting their bara fetish upon the race.

Thank god we are getting regular Draconic Humanoids and not the shit those posters are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I think at this point they are just memeing, because the Dracthyr have options to be buff with masculine faces fitting for World of Warcraft yet people want them even wider or something.

Thank god we are getting regular Draconic Humanoids and not the shit those posters are suggesting.
    We get it you hate muscles..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    We get it, you wanted an old race, we got a new race. Can we end the thread there?
    No. We wanted a Warcraft race. Not a FF one. Maybe the company should go look at concept art and fanart for their own IP. To understand what made millions of players come and play it. I have seen many great concepts of what people feel the new race should look like. They are missing the mark.

Btw I did go play FF14 for a bit.. I had absolutely no desire to make an Au Ra. Which those gives off those tall, lanky vibes. (Current vibes of the new dragon race) When I think of a draknoid in this universe. I don't think of a troll physique but with better posture. I think of something fierce with bad ass levels exceeded. This pretty much includes the traditional bulk style. I'm sorry they are missing the mark. It's not pretentious to say so.. they are acting like they don't know their audience.

We get they want to try something different, this is fine. I am ok with this. We just simply requested to have a bulkier form to reach a broader audience. In the art style this franchise is accustomed. They still haven't given the additional form consumers are seeking. We are asking nicely to try and rectify it. If they do successfully rectify it the reaction from the audience should speak for itself. Which very well could result in more people wanting to purchase DragonFlight.

"You really want buff female dragon forms?" No, I want a beautiful visage form. That I am able to combat in. They already made a more toned down version of the Dracthyr anyways and I am fine with it. (Asked for one or two more soft face options but it's not that huge of a deal) That doesn't mean I want a majority of the fanbase to not get what they have been accustomed to for many years. They want bad ass levels that people can't turn away from and I want to fight next to them. I know this company is capable of delivering. They need references? Again go look at the actual artstyle for this franchise.

They still look weird. Such an odd addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    No. We wanted a Warcraft race. Not a FF one. Maybe the company should go look at concept art and fanart for their own IP. To understand what made millions of players come and play it. I have seen many great concepts of what people feel the new race should look like. They are missing the mark.

Btw I did go play FF14 for a bit.. I had absolutely no desire to make an Au Ra. Which those gives off those tall, lanky vibes. (Current vibes of the new dragon race) When I think of a draknoid in
    Well they're not a drakonid. Go ask them to make that a race.

Not male dragons no. Those faces aren't very fitting for them if someone wants a masculine character.

Just let me keep the Visage form active 24/7, I can work with the Thalassian elf model.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Well they're not a drakonid. Go ask them to make that a race.
    Yep, I'm glad that they went with a spellcaster - game was in a dire need of a new caster. First one we get actually.

And they were smart about it too - you can't have a masculine or a feminine reptile, so they went with the unissex option. The current options to be buff or thin, masculine or feminine faces are more than enough. All in all they probably got inspired by the most famous Spellcasting Dragon of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Or maybe not everyone cares about every race being a mountain of muscles like some people seem to be overly obsessed with it...plenty of roided men out there, if you look you can even find them wxeithout any clothes I on![/‘Ty want the super
    Seems more than just some. And I understand them when the race is dragon. I wouldn’t want the usual super buff models we had in the past
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-12 at 07:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Drakonids/Dragonsworn as a race/class isn't what the Dracthyr are, though;
    Of course, now, you can say they aren't, because that is exactly the problem im talking about

they took an perfect and fanf avorite idea and perveted into this new thing pretending to be "new, inovating and clever".
    any more than a Warlock is what a Hunter is, or a Draenei is what a Worgen is. Completely different race with a new and completely different class. There is still plenty of room for a Drakonid/Dragonsworn race or class to exist beside the Dracthyr if it's desired. So again, your argument devolves into "this isn't what I wanted," which remains a non-starter because it's a conversation that can't go anywhere beyond the very statement.
    First, not, there is no room for that, they will just say "the fantasy of a draconic race and class is already fulfiled", and you know that.

Second, no, its not "what i wanted", its what the community wanted and asked for years, they, instead of doing what they were asked for, they tried to do a cashgrab with low effort, cause do a brand new class and brand new race is too much, just do a demon hunter 2.0, say it is a race, and everyone will defend it.

Given the choice, I'd probably opt for Drakonid/Dragonsworn myself - but since it's not really on offer here, it's more relegated to the "what if" shelf. Lots of people are looking forward to the Dracthyr and Evoker class, as well, and I'm not really content to deny them that solely because it's not what I personally wanted for the new Dragonflight class.
    Deny then what? what most people want is a body that does not look like a skinny lizard and more visage forms

If anything is people wanting to deny options to the people who are not satisfied with this half-assed "race"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    We all know you’re buying the expansion if you didn’t already. Come on now.
    No im not, just like i didn't buy BfA or shadowlands, not that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Second, no, its not "what i wanted", its what the community wanted and asked for years.
    You and a couple of your friends are not "the community" (or did you mean some kind of your local community we don't know about?). It's always the same cheap ass tactic: if there's a group of people who want something badly, they will call themselves "the community" and pretend it's something we all want. No, you're just a group of people who wants this and that, and there are plenty of other groups of people who want something completely different. At no point did you specifically earn the right to call yourself "the community". Worse, you're not even playing the game, as you've yourself admitted, so you're pretty much out of the community now (whatever that thing is).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You and a couple of your friends are not "the community" (or did you mean some kind of your local community we don't know about?). It's always the same cheap ass tactic: if there's a group of people who want something badly, they will call themselves "the community" and pretend it's something we all want. No, you're just a group of people who wants this and that, and there are plenty of other groups of people who want something completely different.
    Stop trying to be clever, a draconic race and a draconic class is something asked for years by a lot of people and its something common and playable in many rpgs out there, and thats why they made this shit as a tentative to fulfil that, same way the community asked for subraces and they perverted the idea with the allied races.

Or... do you think they just came up with that idea randomly because they are geniuses? come on now

At no point did you specifically earn the right to call yourself "the community". Worse, you're not even playing the game, as you've yourself admitted, so you're pretty much out of the community now (whatever that thing is).
    And in what point you earn the right to say what is and is not asked by the community? by your lack of awareness i already know you don't follow anything, so, why do you even bother to engage in that matter?

And i do play the game occasionally, i just don't buy garbage expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Of course, now, you can say they aren't, because that is exactly the problem im talking about

they took an perfect and fanf avorite idea and perveted into this new thing pretending to be "new, inovating and clever".
    I mean I could say that when they were first introduced because that's what they are. Your lack of satisfaction with this class isn't indicative of some kind of conspiracy, either - any more than a lack of a Necromancer in Shadowlands means that Blizzard has some kind of vendetta against me. A lot of people are looking forward to this new race and class, and if you and I aren't among them, that's fine. Sometimes things aren't about us.

First, not, there is no room for that, they will just say "the fantasy of a draconic race and class is already fulfiled", and you know that.

Second, no, its not "what i wanted", its what the community wanted and asked for years, they, instead of doing what they were asked for, they tried to do a cashgrab with low effort, cause do a brand new class and brand new race is too much, just do a demon hunter 2.0, say it is a race, and everyone will defend it.
    The fantasy of a highly, intrinsically magical race is already fulfilled, and that's why there are 4 different forms of playable Elves. There's room for more than just one of any kind of race/class, and plenty of examples where it's already happened.

Also, you're not the community, either. Nor do you unilaterally decide what is or isn't "low effort" for said community. You don't like it, and that's fine. It's also okay if other people do.

Deny then what? what most people want is a body that does not look like a skinny lizard and more visage forms

If anything is people wanting to deny options to the people who are not satisfied with this half-assed "race"
    And "most people" now have the former, and will probably also have the latter as we're still pre-Alpha here, with plenty of time for even more variations to become available. But if you're already going off on how the Dracthyr are a "half-assed race that no one ever wanted" the odds are very low you're going to be satisfied regardless. And that's a you problem.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to be clever, a draconic race and a draconic class is something asked for years by a lot of people and its something common and playable in many rpgs out there, and thats why they made this shit as a tentative to fulfil that, same way the community asked for subraces and they perverted the idea with the allied races.

Or... do you think they just came up with that idea randomly because they are geniuses? come on now
    We got characters that look like this;

That possess the power/abilities of 5 dragon flights.

How is that not a dragon class with the potential to be extremely popular and well-liked by the majority of players?

Yep, I'm glad that they went with a spellcaster - game was in a dire need of a new caster. First one we get actually.

And they were smart about it too - you can't have a masculine or a feminine reptile, so they went with the unissex option. The current options to be buff or thin, masculine or feminine faces are more than enough. All in all they probably got inspired by the most famous Spellcasting Dragon of all.
    Inspired by a twig from a different game instead of Malygos, the actual most famous and relevant spellcasting dragon? Sounds stupid enough to be Blizzard's decision but I doubt it.

Soythyr still need faces with better jaws and chins:

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How is that not a dragon class with the potential to be extremely popular and well-liked by the majority of players?
    You are talking with someone who isn't a WoW player with heavy delusional ideas about what a Warcraft dragon is. It's the type of person who's opinion is tremendously irrelevant.

Don't waste your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already reserved my evokers name "lizzardboi"
    A very cool signature text.

- - - Updated - - -

No im not, just like i didn't buy BfA or shadowlands, not that crazy.
    Ssshhhhuurrreeee

I swear I've heard repetitive conversations about jawlines and masculinity before... now what site was that? Hmm...