Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Idiotic options don't deserve to see the light of day. Nobody wants development time to be spent on a body type that will never be chosen by a elf-loving playerbase.
    It's even more idiotic to strictly pander to said playerbase. Which has seen enough by this point. I get where you are coming from though. You've expressed how fatphobic you are on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    It's even more idiotic to strictly pander to said playerbase. Which has seen enough by this point. I get where you are coming from though. You've expressed how fatphobic you are on numerous occasions.
    What does being fat phobic even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Didn’t people say the same for bulkier Dracthyr options in general
    Yet I think almost every Dracthyr I’ve seen was using the bulkiest option.
    I don't think anyone minded a bulkier option.

People simply didn't want the roided out freaks that some people are still clamoring for.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    What does being fat phobic even mean?
    He meant that I hold prejudice against overweight people.

I don't.

I hold prejudice against bad artistic direction. Orcs can be big and bulky. Kul Tirans too. My main was a Mag'har Orc and I've changed it to Kul Tiran Human last month because I love them big, bulky characters. I would've loved a Drakonid with the polearm swinging animation. It's kino.

But a bulky Dracthyr would be absurd, and I have enough integrity to recognize it. I also recognize that the game needed a new ranged DPS spec since we never got one (we actually lost one), and that people usually prefer slim elves. Dracthyr was the correct call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From a community that demands every option under the sun be available, it seems a bit hypocritical to say no to the burly dragonkin type.
    I don't think anyone is saying no to the option of having burlier body types - there's just a subset of people generally upset with the model as a whole and wanting the developers to go back to the drawing board in its entirety.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    4 months old is the moment of the expansion reveal, and you edited your comment, for all we know you only "called" dragonflight, and everyone called that too.

And, ebar in mid, you didn't ask for a class and a race to be the same thing, just that a race could only be one class, thats different as imply the race cna learn something else, unlike the dracthyr and no one will ever be evoker.
    I'm not here to teach you to read for context. You made a blatantly false statement and I refuted it. I think the people reading can tell who's right and who's wrong.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2022-07-16 at 05:04 AM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying no to the option of having burlier body types - there's just a subset of people generally upset with the model as a whole and wanting the developers to go back to the drawing board in its entirety.
    Unfortunately, I am in that group. They don't have to listen to me or some others that are being vocal about it. I am telling them if I don't like the look of the race I would not bother to create it. I am not lying. I tried monk very many years later (reluctantly) and got it up to like level 14? As I hated what they did to the monks.. I can't stand the aesthetic. I don't care if it tops the charts.

I'm pretty certain I am not the only person that shares this sentiment as Monks are still the least played class. Honestly I think a lot of people no longer care what is topping the charts anyways. Endgame participation is at an all time low. (I think this is for a couple of reasons but still..)

So yes it is important of what this race looks like and unfortunately so heavily tied with a singular class. Trying to give a credible example (sources are statistics) of why it is important when it is suppose to be a main feature of the new expansion. Also a selling point.

Ok a lot of people agreed that this hit the mark for bulkier vibes. Which bulkier is apart of traditional artstyle with this franchise..rather people like to admit it or not. I seen the odd people make fun of the face but in reality if it was playable.. they could have different face/snout options. So it would solve that issue.

This is more Blizzard style to me. Blizzard I think of WoW and Diablo. The dragons have always been more on the bulky side in WoW, but I get they are hung up on slender caster stereotype. I think this concept has the potential to make it look overall more appealing to customers. This is a very sleek design to me. I know the team can do sleek. They had a couple incredible sleek designs in Shadowlands and they did a phenomenal job with it. I would've taken a design similar to this over what was given.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-07-16 at 07:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Apparently, they don't need to go back to the drawing board, they already did what people asked, they just need to put wings and make playable:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Ok a lot of people agreed that this hit the mark for bulkier vibes. Which bulkier is apart of traditional artstyle with this franchise..rather people like to admit it or not. I seen the odd people make fun of the face but in reality if it was playable.. they could have different face/snout options. So it would solve that issue.
    I think the face is the second selling point, it does look like a damn dragon, fierce, angry, with teeth coming out of his mouth, the bulky jaw instead of a giraffe snout.

This is the humanoid dragon of warcraft that we deserve, make this playable and be all classes but dk, dh and dracthyr and you will se how this would be much more popular.

Apparently, they don't need to go back to the drawing board, they already did what people asked, they just need to put wings and make playable:

- - - Updated - - -

I think the face is the second selling point, it does look like a damn dragon, fierce, angry, with teeth coming out of his mouth, the bulky jaw instead of a giraffe snout.

This is the humanoid dragon of warcraft that we deserve, make this playable and be all classes but dk, dh and dracthyr and you will se how this would be much more popular.
    No they don’t because those aren’t dracthyr

I think we figured out today what the weight of your words are.

7+ Year Old Account
    No they don’t because those aren’t dracthyr

I think we figured out today what the weight of your words are.
    Of course they aren't dracthyr, they are a well done humanoid dragon race, that looks like a warcraft race, something dracthyr don't.

Of course they aren't dracthyr, they are a well done humanoid dragon race, that looks like a warcraft race, something dracthyr don't.
    That’s wonderful. Did you learn to count to three now so we can continue that last conversation?

7+ Year Old Account
    That’s wonderful. Did you learn to count to three now so we can continue that last conversation?
    You said you are going to ''report me for trolling" do you want to keep going on a weak lame attempt to say people wanted dracthyr evoker instead of a draconic race and a dragonsworn class, even despite the comment that you linked explicitly also talk about dragonsworn or dragon knight class??? literally proving what i said about how the community had a understand or a desire for a dragonkin race and a dragonsworn class? truly gold.

But hey, one person asked for a class and a race be the same, guess that beats all the people who wanted otherwise, truly defeating the point, therefore, no changes should be made
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-07-16 at 01:23 PM.

You are said you are going to ''report me for trolling" do you want to keep going on a weak lame attempt to say people wanted dracthyr evoker instead of a draconic race and a dragonsworn class, even despite the comment that you linked explicitly say dragonsworn? literally proving what i said about how the community wanting a dragonkin race and a dragonsworn class? trully gold.
    No one asked for a "dractyr evoker", a race and a class at the same time that is fucking locked to be only one class, people asked for a draconic humanoid race, pretty much like dragonborns in similar rpgs and the dragonsworn class that use the power of dragons since early times
    This was your quote. You specifically said people didnt ask for a class and a race tied into one. People linked you comments of them asking for a draeconic race and class that are tied into one and used the dragonsworn as an example. Did you expect them to predict that they were called the dracthyr and say they wanted dracthyr 4 months out? You do understand 4 months out was before the announcement now right? You got that far at least into your reading?

I'mma make the skinniest black lizard specced into fire stuff going "Gnaaaaaaah!" all the time.

This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    This was your quote. You specifically said people didnt ask for a class and a race tied into one. People linked you comments of them asking for a draeconic race and class that are tied into one and used the dragonsworn as an example. Did you expect them to predict that they were called the dracthyr and say they wanted dracthyr 4 months out? You do understand 4 months out was before the announcement now right? You got that far at least into your reading?
    Yes i did said that in a way to be generalist, not to be fucking literal, saying majority asked for a dragon class and a dragon race, and there was no one that asked for a class and a race to be the same.

If you actually followed official foruns, or even the mmo champion months ago, you will find countless of threads of people talking about the future expansion and throwing out their desires, many people asked for tinkers as well, necromancers, dark rangers, but they paled in comparison to a dragonsworn and a dragon race takking acount the direction of the story, and in none of those threads you find people asking for a race and a class the same, even so that this comment is not even here or on the official foruns, which obviously, i could not read, since i only follow those and wowhead,

But since your argument is weak, and you have no other basis, you continue to pretend to be literal, and to hammer the timeframe like will undermine the entire point, just see how you straight up abandoned the main point to focus on it, exactly what people do when they don't have what to talk about, and boy, i only saw the months, not the day, because regardless, it would not make no fucking difference, but keep going, is amusing to see how you will come back using the same lame joke

5+ Year Old Account
    From a community that demands every option under the sun be available, it seems a bit hypocritical to say no to the burly dragonkin type.
    Well, it's because the artists they hired are furries...it's not like an artist can't give different takes on a subject, they could do badass dragons, they just don't want to.

For example, these pictures are by the same artist. It's not like artists can't different versions..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-16 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

https://h7ktnb-us-east-2-wowdb-live-...ture100192.jpg
    And that's where subjectivity enters into the discussion - because I actually prefer the Dracthyr model to this one, especially for a race that's intrinsically bound to a spellcaster class. I actually think the model above looks lame. It's more a lizard than a dragon, it kind of resembles more what I'd say a bipedal Naga would look like and not a Drakonid or dragonkin.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yes i did said that in a way to be generalist, not to be fucking literal, saying majority asked for a dragon class and a dragon race, and there was no one that asked for a class and a race to be the same.
    I’ll repeat this, once again, people did ask for this. They linked you threads where they quite literally word for word asked for this. You squirmed and tried to make it sound like they edited their comments or said these things the moment it was announced, we found out you couldn’t count to three, and you’re still 100% undeniably incorrect.

There’s no argument here anymore. You’re just straight up wrong and there is nothing more to it.

I’ll repeat this, once again, people did ask for this. They linked you threads where they quite literally word for word asked for this. You squirmed and tried to make it sound like they edited their comments or said these things the moment it was announced, we found out you couldn’t count to three, and you’re still 100% undeniably incorrect.

There’s no argument here anymore. You’re just straight up wrong and there is nothing more to it.
    You're banging your head against a wall. I had like three interactions with him and decided it would be more productive arguing with flat earthers.

Going back to your original topic about customization, I saw a MrGM video on it and it puts the older races to shame. I hope they leverage whatever tech they had to develop for this and take another pass at the old races.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2022-07-16 at 03:15 PM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’ll repeat this, once again, people did ask for this.
    one person, and Teriz, who straight up said the class should be to all races.

You’re just straight up wrong and there is nothing more to it.
    I said people, aka, the community,(not the whole community, as there is different fanbaes) asked for a dragonsworn class and a drakonid race, that is a straight up fact, that you are ignoring because you know its the truth, its classic