Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Now that ML is gone, how are all you GM/RL's feeling?

Starting Tuesday, a new era of WoW guild raiding begins.

Let me start off by saying that I approved the change Blizzard implemented in Legion in that only guild-groups should have the option of Master Looter. Now that Blizzard has taken that away, guilds will now see how this system will effect their overall progress and management.

As a former GM/Raid Leader, I loved my EPGP system. It motivated my players to show up for every raid night, including hard boss progression nights. Loot was distributed to those who showed up the most, but also made sure to gear up others. Loot felt fair to them and we had ZERO loot drama.

What are some concerns of my fellow GM/RL's as the first tier of raiding commences without having ML?

Well, for once, every healer will have to be in dps loot spec to try to get dps trinkets for other raiders.

Every piece of gear that will be tradable will have to be traded to the officer who will be in charge of redistributing it to the guild.

Quality of Life change right there.

Plus people will have to check Armory to see if anyone tried the soon-to-be good old "don't loot and wait for the postmaster to send you your loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play in a guild full of arseholes, so I don't have the problems mentioned above
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, for once, every healer will have to be in dps loot spec to try to get dps trinkets for other raiders.

Every piece of gear that will be tradable will have to be traded to the officer who will be in charge of redistributing it to the guild.

Plus people will have to check Armory to see if anyone tried the soon-to-be good old "don't loot and wait for the postmaster to send you your loot.
    Posts like this proves the best how needed and urgent this change was. Personalny cant wait for blizz making all loot untradable when toxic people will try to abuse others like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Posts like this proves the best how needed and urgent this change was. Personalny cant wait for blizz making all loot untradable when toxic people will try to abuse others like this
    Why? DO you hate your own guild and have no mates who play with you, to the point that you'd PREFER to shard items instead of passing them to them for upgrades? Or having the small moment of politeness and civility in a random where you pass someone an item you don't need and words like "please" and "thanks" get used for once?

Most guilds aren't full of arseholes, and in particular SUCCESSFULL high end raiding guilds usually aren't.

How little do you trust your own people? If you still have to forcefully try to be in control of everything you should maybe just stop. that's just crazy.

I mean i understand the switch to dps loot role etc. that will probably be a common thing but you should at least be able to trust your people to play together.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM’. Ohhh, wait, there is. Right in the middle of the ‘A-hole’

- - - Updated - - -

To answer OP’s question. Just people feeling bad we are at the mercy of luck, instead of the people we have selected, and trust. And people are already messing around with ‘do you neeeeed?’ memes
    We wont be having any special rules or anything, because our leadership trusts us that if we can trade something, we will offer to give it to the person with most gain from it. Just to give you idea of the ‘caliber’ we are at, we are aiming for the alliance hall of fame
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-08-30 at 08:45 AM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

This post came too soon. Wait until a few weeks have passed. Usually the first few weeks of a raid PL is the desired loot method anyway. Because it can provide with more loot then if you would have used ML. After a few weeks have passed this will usually change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    This post came too soon. Wait until a few weeks have passed. Usually the first few weeks of a raid PL is the desired loot method anyway. Because it can provide with more loot then if you would have used ML. After a few weeks have passed this will usually change.
    It's not for top end raiding guilds, that did splits and funnelled gear to mains. I guess it'll be interesting to see the statistics over 2-3 weeks of drops and who is a unlucky mofo, getting no azerite etc.

Deleted
    By reading this i can say this game is not for you. You look only at yourself, you don't want to share loot or deserve for it. For you, 1 attempt on boss is equal 300 attemps somebody else and you should have same rights to loot. It's not single player game, it's not game when people wanna boost you for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already have my beggar macro ready for when something with mastery is looted.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Starting Tuesday, a new era of WoW guild raiding begins.

Let me start off by saying that I approved the change Blizzard implemented in Legion in that only guild-groups should have the option of Master Looter. Now that Blizzard has taken that away, guilds will now see how this system will effect their overall progress and management.

As a former GM/Raid Leader, I loved my EPGP system. It motivated my players to show up for every raid night, including hard boss progression nights. Loot was distributed to those who showed up the most, but also made sure to gear up others. Loot felt fair to them and we had ZERO loot drama.

What are some concerns of my fellow GM/RL's as the first tier of raiding commences without having ML?
    Another ML post, do your job @MoanaLisa

you can't trade loot if you don't have another item of that ilvl already. For instance you need 340 boots to trade other 340 boots that just dropped. So tunneling gear is pretty much gone if you don't have gear already. This also makes running the new raid with 10 toons useless - since the toons can't trade the new gear.

The system isn't flawless but i can see why it's better than the old one.

Hey, look at me, mighty healer, got TF dps trinket, can't trade because the item level is too high but hey, I got a useless trinket for my role!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I don't play in a guild full of arseholes, so I don't have the problems mentioned above
    This. The only reason we didn't always use PL anyway were the tier tokens, which are now gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new system is terribly inefficient and just adds more downtime between pulls. Not a fan.

Then again I'm not in a HC raiding guild anymore so I don't have to maintain 4-6 alts. PL will always be shit.

If I had one complaint about the system thus far, it's that each individual weapon type has a separate ilvl lock when it comes to immediately getting soulbound. For example, I had a 340 caster staff, and I couldn't trade a 330 1Her caster weapon that dropped later to my healer because it's was the highest ilvl 1Her I had looted thus far. I also had a gripe about not being able to trade Azerite gear, (sucks when one person get 5 chestpieces they don't want and you get nothing for the lockout), but Blizz thankfully fixed that one already.

Overall, I think it's working fine so far in the 5man arena despite the aforementioned complaint. Despite one of our melee not getting a mainspec 340+ weapon yet despite two weeks of lockouts (they just won't drop), my mythic group is all >345ilvl without having to buy BoE world drops. I'm fairly confident raids will play out in a similar fashion, as the RNG for loot that anyone wants dropping is still there as it was before. Just because things are on personal loot doesn't mean that sexy weapon or trinket you want would've dropped despite the lack of ML... after having gone through an entire raid tier with no tier helm because vanq wouldn't drop, I can speak from experience.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You can easily make a weak aura or addon (maybe it exsists already) that tracks of someone has looted or not, you can track gold looted for example because all raid or dungeon bosses give some gold. If someone didn’t loot gold it means they havent looted the boss.
    Also the GM and officers in our guild has stated if they catch anyone doing this that it will result in being benched. Repeated offenders will be off the raid team.

My own feeling towards forced personal loot... it doesn’t have a place in full guild groups. Maybe as an option it has but not as the enforced rule it is today.
    It does have some saving features like you don’t get stuck with a bow in the raid with no hunters or a Warglavie but no Demon Hunters but that’s a price most would happily take for the potential benefits.

However the biggest, positive, effect with forced personal loot (and why I think it’s a GOOD thing) is that it kills split running very efficiently.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2018-08-30 at 09:13 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

No change in my guild other than we recruited a lot of people and will be removing from the guild any player that is not up to par , be it socially, gameplay wise or otherwise. Whist before we could tolerate some fails, people are less enclined now to keep someone in the raid to loot bosses if the raid feels they don't deserve to be there.
    The guild will be keeping a close eye on how people redistribue by themselves all loot they don't need, but if we see people hanging on gear for 2nd specs or playing favourites, they will also be removed from the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    No change in my guild other than we recruited a lot of people and will be removing from the guild any player that is not up to par , be it socially, gameplay wise or otherwise. Whist before we could tolerate some fails, people are less enclined now to keep someone in the raid to loot bosses if the raid feels they don't deserve to be there.
    The guild will be keeping a close eye on how people redistribue by themselves all loot they don't need, but if we see people hanging on gear for 2nd specs or playing favourites, they will also be removed from the guild.
    What...?

/10char