Poll: what race would u want to play with?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    It prevents them from being a playable race. Unless you want Blizzard to add Diablo's Hardcore mode to the game. Then they'd work.
    We're getting Drak'thyr, an absolute asspull, and you're saying an established race won't work? Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    We're getting Drak'thyr, an absolute asspull, and you're saying an established race won't work? Hahaha.
    Like I said, they're dead. So in order for them to work, you can never be killed playing one... once. Otherwise, like Diablo Hardcore mode, your character is now unplayable since when a being from the Shadowlands dies, they simply dissolve into their base anima and are gone forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Like I said, they're dead. So in order for them to work, you can never be killed playing one... once. Otherwise, like Diablo Hardcore mode, your character is now unplayable since when a being from the Shadowlands dies, they simply dissolve into their base anima and are gone forever.
    Thats only in the Shadowlands...

5+ Year Old Account
    Monk Ant-man in new Goblin Slayer series looks superb, all we need is group of Mantids who more accustomed to Human society and wants to be part of it, and wear clothes.If void elfs can resist old gods call, our devs can asspull some unique tribe of these guys too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    Just as a matter of curiosity, to keep the opinions up. what race would u want more and why?
    I voted Sethrak, and they should be for Alliance, as fans like to describe each faction as being "pretty" or "ugly" faction. Not sure who sees Dark Iron Dwarves as "pretty" or who sees Blood Elves as "ugly".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I voted Ethereal. I've wanted them in the game since TBC, I just think they're pretty cool. Interesting history that can be built on and lots of options for customization and whatnot. Runner up choices would be Vrykul, Ogres, Murlocs, and Mok'nathal.
    My fellow enlightened! Also, for shame on the lack of Nerubians in the poll proper.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    My fellow enlightened! Also, for shame on the lack of Nerubians in the poll proper.
    Yes! I've seen a number of Ethereal fan concepts, either for the race, or an expansion, or both, and would love to see them added.

Nerubians would be pretty cool too. I remember seeing all those bits of the city in the... first dungeon? The first dungeon, before the final boss, where you drop down that hole and see tons of architecture and whatnot. It got me really interested in exploring a lot more, and then nothing else happened. Very disappointing. GoldenYak made a very cool fan expansion that included a LOT of Nerubian content.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Monk Ant-man in new Goblin Slayer series looks superb, all we need is group of Mantids who more accustomed to Human society and wants to be part of it, and wear clothes.If void elfs can resist old gods call, our devs can asspull some unique tribe of these guys too.
    What's the deal with anime art? The judge-themed girl has a very nice design, but the other two look hideously exaggerated. Why does one of the female characters get to look normal when the others have to have those kinds of very awkward proportions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yes! I've seen a number of Ethereal fan concepts, either for the race, or an expansion, or both, and would love to see them added.

Nerubians would be pretty cool too. I remember seeing all those bits of the city in the... first dungeon? The first dungeon, before the final boss, where you drop down that hole and see tons of architecture and whatnot. It got me really interested in exploring a lot more, and then nothing else happened. Very disappointing. GoldenYak made a very cool fan expansion that included a LOT of Nerubian content.
    Ah, the GoldenYak expansion concepts take me back to my childhood. Either way, the Nerubians would be far more possible (not plausible, mind you) now with the idea that a race doesn't need to be able to wear normal armor, and the Dracthyr very nearly weren't even able to ride mounts in their normal form. For the Nerubians, I could see it working if they had a particularly wide variety of armor sets for character creation, as well as a race-exclusive ground and flight mount (some kind of polymorphing for the latter, perhaps? I recall there were flying Nerubians in WotLK). Of course, the lack of things to accomplish when you can't show off new armor or mounts would definitely alienate a very large number of people, so realistically it'd have to be some kind of sudden asspull humanoid Nerubians.

As for the Ethereals, I imagine they'll come around one of these days in the inevitable Void expansion. The Ethereals have always fascinated me and have always struck me as one of the more unique elements of WarCraft lore—I like the idea of this race of nomadic people who simply know something that others don't, and a mercantile race on the Alliance would help balance out the Goblins.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-22 at 07:42 PM.

I sense some bias with the double Botani entry!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

What's the deal with anime art? The judge-themed girl has a very nice design, but the other two look hideously exaggerated. Why does one of the female characters get to look normal when the others have to have those kinds of very awkward proportions?
    Not really an anime issue, western comics do the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not really an anime issue, western comics do the exact same thing.
    Either way, the one with more tame proportions looks more appealing as a character design in about every way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Either way, the one with more tame proportions looks more appealing as a character design in about every way.
    Because she like 9-12y.old in there, curvy body is easy way to attract body type 1 readers, ofc there would be people who like more tame proportions - but thats FBI case.

She when when she grown up:

Each time i see female character over twenty with curved body in manga - i say "YES baby", atleast its not underaged loli pedo-bait. /s
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-25 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Ethereal, Kyrian and Venthyr. Shame this poll had only one option to chose.
    Seriously, I'd have voted for Night Fae, Sethrakk, Gnolls and the Arakkoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    Just as a matter of curiosity, to keep the opinions up. what race would u want more and why?
    It's Naga and night fae for me.

But I also think Mok'ntahal, Venthyr, Ethereal, Botani and Kyrian would make good additions

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde - Ogres
    Horde - Taunka
    Horde - Venthyr
    Horde - Mok'nathal
    Horde - Gnolls
    Horde - Mogu
    Horde - Arakkoa

Alliance - Vrykul
    Alliance - High Arakkoa
    Alliance - Naga
    Alliance - Kyrian
    Alliance - Tuskar
    Alliance - Furbolgs
    Alliance - Sethrak

Neutral - Ethereals

I'd like to see player-sized Titan Watchers as a neutral race.

None, so I don’t have to level more alts just for an achievement.

If that’s not an option? I’m indifferent.

I've wanted playable satyrs even since before TBC, when Alliance race speculation was all the rage, and satyrs were mentioned quite often. They're not on the list, so I vote naga as my morally dubious elf offshot choice of the day.

I dont think any of the shadowlands Races should be added. For one I want to move on from shadowlands and pretend it never happened and plus they are kind of like "Spirits/Ghosts" Think of how Kyrians who forgot all there memories, Suddenly come back to Azeroth to suddenly get there memories back how that would utterly ruin there mind