Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This takes you through the expansion release so is also effectively a dragonflight pre-order. Funny stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Nope, ive been subscribed since classic began... and i havent gotten a single subscription mount even tho there has been atleast 1 during this time. Same with the older ones few years ago.
    in ur Bnet launcher next to your name (right corner) there is a bell, click it and claim whatever you got stored there

This means that Dragonriding..Dragonlands..what's the expansion called? Anyway it means that the expansion should drop on the 20th or the 27th of december since there's no way they'll release it before these 6 months have passed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely, I think this might be one of the ugliest (new) mounts in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Always wanted to ride a Gyarados.
    id prefer a dragonite, flygon salamence orgarchomp

back on topic think ive only done 1 of those 6 months sub deal, doubt i will any time soon

Knew this thread would be a goldmine

Am not disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Logged in and mount was waiting for me. Thanks Blizzard for the freebie

Lol imagine subbing to WoW during the 6 month content drought. Pre-purchase scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Nope, ive been subscribed since classic began... and i havent gotten a single subscription mount even tho there has been atleast 1 during this time. Same with the older ones few years ago.

This is not a loyalty reward, blizzard doesnt know how to do those... you could be a 17 year old nonstop-subscriber but you get NOTHING if you dont specifically subscribe for 6 months with this specific deal.

Its purely to try and get new players into the game OR to try and retain existing players for longer than they would want.
    Its sad and disgusting... they dont care if youre an old veteran player of the game.
    I get this actually. Some years I'll be able to afford the $15 month to month easily enough but dropping the cost of a 6month sub at one time isn't always viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol imagine subbing to WoW during the 6 month content drought. Pre-purchase scam.
    I wouldn't call it a scam. I mean, you pay money, you get the thing you were told you'd get (six months of access plus the mount and tabard).

It'll probably be an option for several months at least. If you plan on coming back for say 10.0's prepatch, you can always get it then. Like if I decided to do it I'd probably sub back up ~october just so I could get my alts settled and so forth and then be ready for the nov prepatch, and be subbed up for the first few months of DF, after which I can decide if I want to keep playing or quit for awhile.

That's my usual pattern with expansions these days, though I rarely do 6-month subs.

But a 6-month sub right now? lol no and highly unlikely to do it for DF either. Three months maybe, month to month most likely for that period of time.

LIke I pretty much plan to get my two mains to 70 and then quit for 2 patches before catching back up lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If your not playing the game you can just e the mount later either with money or gold, for every one who is already playing it’s just free, there’s no scam mate.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You guys still complain about this lol that's hilarious.

The head looks kinda dumb and goofy, the eyes being so high up especially. It doesn't look that much like a regular Netherwyrm and its ethereal effects are kind of underwhelming compared to even its TBC counterpart. And it uses the overused to death Cloud Serpent/Abyss Worm/N'zoth worm/Anima Serpent rig.

Players: Oh my god why you make another subscription mount!
    Also Players: Oh my god why you not spend more time making it look better!
    Also Players: Oh my god why you spend so much time making this mount instead of free mount!

7+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of scummy to not included the Tabard of Flame with the Mount. Classic Blizzard at it again.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Tabard of Frost will be the one for Wrath Classic in 6 months.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    lol 6 month sub now? Worst deal ever
    Just how new are you? They've been doing this for several years. You save money per month buying a 6 month sub (something like $20-30 is saved, if I recall right) and you get a free mount for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    My Dead Blood Elf Paladin is going to probably enjoy this mount. Looks like it'll go well with his Heritage armor set.
    Dude 3 separate posts in the first 15 minutes of this? Chillllllllllllll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nederbelg View Post
    It is free with a money-saving 6 month subscription.
    But the haters have to hate I guess.

I will use it in game just to annoy the people who feel they need to hate this because it is from blizzard and free.
    While I used to do the 6 month subs and enjoyed the free tick-up on my mount counter, I will say, there's an asterisk by that free.

It's free* if you don't count the fact you're still paying for the game. I know people who have years worth of game time already paid for by using in-game gold to buy WoW tokens and effectively play for free.

Given how much money some of us have given Blizz over the years though? Nothing is free anymore. It's just free*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    If i already sub for 6 month months ago and my run out in like one month do i still get this mount or do i have to sub for 6 months again?
    6 months again, sorry to say. But if you stay on a recurring 6 month program, you'll get every one of these mounts automatically when they are released. If you're happy and enjoying the game - then I'd say stick with that. You're saving money in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    asmon and the forums are going to have a hard time adjusting to this one.. end times are here fam end times are here
    Adjusting to... what?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    This means that Dragonriding..Dragonlands..what's the expansion called? Anyway it means that the expansion should drop on the 20th or the 27th of december since there's no way they'll release it before these 6 months have passed.
    The mount will have nothing to do with launch times. Forget launch, we aren't going to see a pre-patch until the next season is over and that starts in a few weeks. Additionally, I doubt it'll release that late in December. Normally expansion launches have issues and that timeframe is common vacation time (pre-Christmas to just after New Years).

Looks bad but a mount really was expected .

Where's my Murloc mount?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    6 months again, sorry to say. But if you stay on a recurring 6 month program, you'll get every one of these mounts automatically when they are released. If you're happy and enjoying the game - then I'd say stick with that. You're saving money in the long run.
    This is just wrong depending on how you play. There are many people I know who just buy a 3 month sub each new patch and then unsub the next 3-? months until new content comes out. People should definitely make the financial decision that works best for them though. If you are going to play the full 6 months and enjoy it, then go for it. It's what I do currently since I basically just spend 2-4 months on prog and some gear farm and then use the rest of the time to play the AH and restock the gbank for the next patch or mess around on alts.

I at least like to assume that everyone knows basic math, especially since it has it in big bold letters on the website when you go to sub. Seems like a low blow to come in here saying this kind of stuff, but I also guess I'm often surprised at how many people are functionally illiterate either financially or otherwise.