Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Stood in the Fire BB8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    375
    I like it. A bit aquatic in appearance.

  2. #122
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,417
    It looks like a fish from nazjtar, no way in hell this is a "greatwyrm"

  3. #123
    That looks like a dracthyr fucked a seahorse from vash'jir.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What? they have been doing this deal for years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Except it is not. YOu still have to buy the game. It is in no way effectively a dragonfilght pre-order.
    I'd bet the % of people who buy the 6 month overlaps with people who buy the expansion by about 97%. I guarantee there were multiple meetings where Blizz discussed the offer timing and I guarantee that overlapping it with the expansion release was like bullet point number one.

  5. #125
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    It was definitely clear, but was horrible advice. What I was nitpicking was the monetary advice alone, I definitely picked the right comment to respond to because you mirrored the same factually incorrect sentiment of others. I've definitely had times where I don't know if I'm actually going to be playing the full 6 months and it's a better decision financially to only pay for 3 or 1, and that mount or paying for 6 months instead is worth negative money to me. Maybe I buy that 6 months but decide in 2 that I don't actually like the current patch. Buying anything ahead of time entails a risk of losing some of that investment, and this is a common situation completely ignored by your financial advice.

    To make this incredibly clear because you were too damn busy being offended to actually read what I said, let me rephrase in simple terms. Even if you are happy and enjoying the game, make the financial decision that makes the most sense for your situation/personality. If you know you get bored halfway through a patch and (even if you are perfectly happy and content right now), then maybe buy the 3 month and be out a whole $6 over 6 months if you end up renewing. If you decide at the end of 3 months not to renew, you just saved yourself $39. The breakeven point where it's technically a loss is after you've done a 3 month sub instead of 6 month for over 3 years.

    I mean, on this scale we're basically talking about less than pennies anyway. If anyone is in so dire of financial straights that they are worried about $12-$24 a year they should probably not be playing WoW and instead be looking hard at sorting out their financials. It's almost worthless going into the financials because of how little the difference is, and any minutia you might argue in return for is worth even less.

    edit: I double checked to make sure I wasn't the crazy one. That guy didn't seem to be talking about buying the mount separate, it was more a complaint about how even if you are subbed all 6 months you only get it by paying for 6 months upfront. A reasonable complaint imo considering the person buying monthly actually gives Bliz more money in the long run. There is some benefit to Bliz for getting paid in advance of course, which they want to reward people for, but I understand why it feels shitty for people who actually give Bliz more money but don't get the free shit.
    My original comment that you quoted, was this:
    6 months again, sorry to say. But if you stay on a recurring 6 month program, you'll get every one of these mounts automatically when they are released. If you're happy and enjoying the game - then I'd say stick with that. You're saving money in the long run.

    It was in response to this:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post53838632

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    If i already sub for 6 month months ago and my run out in like one month do i still get this mount or do i have to sub for 6 months again?
    I was simply telling the guy, who had already bought a 6 month sub that if he'd been happy with that and was still playing and planning to play and buy another 6 month, that yes, that's how he'd get it. I never suggested he should buy the 6 month again if it isn't a financially sound decision. I simply said, yes, if you still are enjoying the game and are happy (i.e.: IT IS A GOOD FINANCIAL MOVE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH) then yes, buy the 6 month. Just because maybe you're not sure you will still be playing in 6 months doesn't mean he's in the same boat. Some people also like to have the simple option of WoW being there. I know people who stop playing for stretches of time but don't stop paying the sub because they can. Good for them I say. Maybe this guy is in a similar (i.e. NOT IDENTICAL, sorry don't take my words the wrong way!) situation, who knows.

    Sorry I didn't word it precisely how you would have liked. I did not read your entire diatribe, either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    A lot of people (like me) don't bother cancelling their sub even if they don't play for a while.

    Kinda like Netflix, Prime Video etc. I might not watch that stuff for months, but I'm still subbed.

    It's only 10-20 euro per month, doesn't really matter to me. Having active subs means I can jump in whenever, too. Just easier when it's such a laughably low amount.
    Holy shit, an actual example of what I was talking about posted in here. LOL
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2022-07-13 at 11:47 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I'd bet the % of people who buy the 6 month overlaps with people who buy the expansion by about 97%. I guarantee there were multiple meetings where Blizz discussed the offer timing and I guarantee that overlapping it with the expansion release was like bullet point number one.
    I guarnatee you are wrong. These rewards come out every 6 months regardless of when the expansion comes out. Your claim has been debunked time and time again.

  7. #127
    This mount is so tiny
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Another squirly worm mount nobody wants to use for practical reasons.
    I am using it right now. You only speak for you.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My original comment that you quoted, was this:
    6 months again, sorry to say. But if you stay on a recurring 6 month program, you'll get every one of these mounts automatically when they are released. If you're happy and enjoying the game - then I'd say stick with that. You're saving money in the long run.

    It was in response to this:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post53838632



    I was simply telling the guy, who had already bought a 6 month sub that if he'd been happy with that and was still playing and planning to play and buy another 6 month, that yes, that's how he'd get it. I never suggested he should buy the 6 month again if it isn't a financially sound decision. I simply said, yes, if you still are enjoying the game and are happy (i.e.: IT IS A GOOD FINANCIAL MOVE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH) then yes, buy the 6 month. Just because maybe you're not sure you will still be playing in 6 months doesn't mean he's in the same boat. Some people also like to have the simple option of WoW being there. I know people who stop playing for stretches of time but don't stop paying the sub because they can. Good for them I say. Maybe this guy is in a similar (i.e. NOT IDENTICAL, sorry don't take my words the wrong way!) situation, who knows.

    Sorry I didn't word it precisely how you would have liked. I did not read your entire diatribe, either.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Holy shit, an actual example of what I was talking about posted in here. LOL
    Hello its me again! I got the mount like yesterday or something! Thanks for you respond!

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The metal bridal that looks more like a hat + the eyes that blend in make it look like the metal thing is covering the eyes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you aren't terrible at the game there is plenty of content to do for all 6 months.

    People who can't raid, PVP or do dungeons struggle to justify the sub.
    No. I have done all that stuff in 2 months easy.

  11. #131
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Hello its me again! I got the mount like yesterday or something! Thanks for you respond!
    Hey, happy for you!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •