7+ Year Old Account

When are we going to hear about Wrath classic release?

IM glad were getting to hear all about the new rewards for subbing for 6 months at a time but can we please hear somethig about when at least the prepatch for wrath classic is coming? Havent really heard anythign about it in a bit.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Supposed leaks from a shitty Discord screenshot said that the 50% buff would arrive next week, pre patch in early august, Wotlk Classic in mid September.

Personal opinion, above timeline might be true by sheer coincidence but if you expect early announcement then Classic is (ironically) the wrong game for you.
    Either the team is criminally mismanaged or far too small for its task because the last two phase announcement for TBCC just dropped out of thin air, implying that they're cutting it really close with finishing their work.

Blizzard gave a one week heads up with the SWP announcement.
    One fucking week.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-07-12 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's release in the next 2 months. I don't plan on playing season 4 of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Either the team is criminally mismanaged or far too small for its task
    My guess is small. Even in huge corporations, it happens because it mostly works. Here's some pretty timely insight.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they push it to October-November. Let us enjoy the final patch of TBC, this expansion just released 13 months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Hopefully they push it to October-November. Let us enjoy the final patch of TBC, this expansion just released 13 months ago...
    They want classic stuff to last ~1yr AFAIK. For the seasons, at least, I guess.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Unlikely for that to happen due to two reasons.

First, Blizzard already cut TBC a bit short by releasing both ZA and SWP pretty early.
    Now rolling back on this by stretching SWP is just plain bad, if they wanted to extend TBC a bit more, they passed up that chance earlier.

Second, October / November launch means Q4, which is the same quarter as Dragonflight.
    Blizzard will not launch a WoW expansion for both Classic and Retail within the quarter unless they can absolutely stop it.

Especially due the latter factor, i am very certain that Classic Wotlk will come out this September, it's just a question of whether it will be early or late september.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-07-13 at 01:02 PM.

The only thing that has me a little nervous about a release in a month or two is the state of the beta. For one the testing population is still extremely low so any actual testing is pretty far fetch. Second the whole thing is just riddled with bugs. Way more then the classic or tbc client was when those public betas launched from what I can tell (aka when I got in, and classic it was fairly late, tbc it was pretty early, now in wotlk its feeling pretty early). I would say about 15-20% of the quests are just broken. Don't get me wrong if they really jump on it hard it can get done but the cadence of release hasn't been breath taking and most updates really seem to not do much at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard better change the genders to body type 1 and body type 2 in wrath classic. Prolly the reason for the delay.

Unfortunately with Dragonflight Alpha starting I fear we're not going to hear much on Classic until that initial hype dies down. The next couple weeks we'll be inundated with new info on DF while Wrath will take the backseat and pipe up with a "btw prepatch next week" after DF Alpha stabilises enough that new info isn't coming every day.

9-10 august they start to merge servers for up to 2 weeks
    i think they start wotlk prepatch with that on 9 or 23 august. No way pvp/pve season will be still going on with some people frozen characters - they said if u dont do it manually, your char might get blocked until merging is done

there were a blue post with "roadmap", i cant remember if they are opening fresh wrath servers with server merging or before/after

basically next important date is 9 august (10 eu) + just wait for 50% buff, wotlk release 6-8 weeks after - this is gonna be maybe within next 2 weeks
    I think wotlk will release on 6 or 20 september

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard gave a one week heads up with the SWP announcement.
    One fucking week.
    Yeah, that was a massive joke.

They did give us some notice for TBC, though, so Wrath should be the same. Hope it comes at a good time for me so I can play it like a full on degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They did give us some notice for TBC, though, so Wrath should be the same. Hope it comes at a good time for me so I can play it like a full on degenerate.
    Eh, that was offset by the fact that they cut the pre patch down to two weeks.
    Which was a fucking joke because the pre patch in itself had some "content" play around with, it would've been fun to play Classic content with more viable hybrid specs as well as Paladin / Shaman in raids for more than two weeks.
    Even not counting that if you wanted to level a Pally / Shaman and be ready for TBC, you had to boost unless you were no lifing but then you also still had 0 chance of gathering any raid gear before hand.
    Anybody who waited for the pre patch to level characters was also taken pretty offguard, because the leveling changes that came in with the pre patch made quite the difference, altough obviously not enough to make it easily work within a two week window.

Personally, i'm rather annoyed that a WoW expansion usually gets like 2-3 months heads up before launch, so people can get things sorted, book time of and so forth.
    But i'd be surprised if we even get that with Classic Wotlk, if September is indeed the deadline for Classic Wotlk, then any announcement past the start of August (which is ~2 weeks btw.) is just bad.

And it's not like this is anything new to Blizzard, they could've worked on that ages ago, because that is the fucking advantage of Classic in terms of production, the content is already there, you just have to make it work.

I think we're bound to hear it soon. They said the xp buff will be there in a couple of weeks and that was 3 weeks ago

I'm expecting September 13th, I'm hoping November 13th.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

implying that they're cutting it really close with finishing their work.
    "Finishing their work" ? What work? They're re-releasing a 15 year old game. The only """work""" is just fixing bugs and glitches caused by porting everything into the modern game engine.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "Finishing their work" ? What work? They're re-releasing a 15 year old game. The only """work""" is just fixing bugs and glitches caused by porting everything into the modern game engine.
    ...which is still work.

Maybe merge 8/9, Joyous Journeys 8/16, release announcement 8/30, pre-patch and extra purchases 9/6, release 9/27? Who knows. Just having fun guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Horseman's gonna be one popular dude!

Players don’t appreciate an opportunity to savor and enjoy something for ahwhile before moving on to the next thing. Just like savoring each bite of a piece of chocolate cake, with some Cool Hwhip on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Players don’t appreciate an opportunity to savor and enjoy something for ahwhile before moving on to the next thing. Just like savoring each bite of a piece of chocolate cake, with some Cool Hwhip on it.
    I feel like the time line so far has been pretty good. It's literally rehashed content that has been consumed many times over the years. The fact is many have been clearing much of this content week one each phase. Players have been consuming classic content much faster than they did in it's original release, it makes sense they'd accelerate the release windows. I don't think this is a case of players not "savoring" the content and more a case of having a flow that feels steady. I'm not saying every phase was perfect 1 or 2 over the course of Classic could have been stretched a bit but overall it felt pretty good to me.