Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Heroes of the Storm Update - July 8, 2022

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This June marks the seven-year anniversary of Heroes of the Storm. Combining legendary characters from all of our universes, it naturally brought players together into a truly unique experience. Heroes and its community are home to some of the most passionate gamers from around the world and we’re committed to making sure that you can continue to enjoy your adventures through the Nexus.

Moving forward we will support Heroes in a manner similar to our other longstanding games, StarCraft and StarCraft II. In the future, we’ll continue seasonal rolls and hero rotations, and while the in-game shop will remain operational there are no plans for new for-purchase content to be added. Future patches will primarily focus on client sustainability and bug fixing, with balance updates coming as needed.

As a token of our appreciation, we are gifting the incredibly rare Epic Arcane Lizard mount to all players with next week’s patch.

To our Heroes community, we say, “thank you”. You continue to be one of our most passionate communities, we’re grateful for your continued dedication and support, and as always, we look forward to seeing you in the Nexus.

Adam Jackson, former Lead Live Designer on Heroes of the Storm, shared his disappointment about the recent news on Twitter.
    Originally Posted by Adam Jackson
    I'm disappointed with our Heroes messaging today, so I'll make my own.

Heroes was the first new game that I fell in love with after joining Blizzard, and the passion and memories of those who worked and played the game will forever remain with me.

The designers who worked on this project were some of the best I’ve ever seen, and I’m happy to say that even now I still work with many of them. A lot of people put their hearts into this game, and we made something that we’ll forever be proud of.

I still love playing this game, and in a perfect world would still be happily working on it today.

I love this community and have read so many of your threads, comments, and feedback. I also loved debating with you and my colleagues on how to make this game the best it could be

I loved spending weekends watching HGC, and seeing everyone’s passion for the game over the years.

Thank you all for being a part of this great community who we all got to learn so much from.

Even though many of us have moved on to other things, I know Heroes has a special place in our hearts, and that makes us family. I eagerly look forward to the day where I can once again give you something that I’m as proud of as Heroes of the Storm.

I’ll see you in the Nexus.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-07-08 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This June marks the seven-year anniversary of Heroes of the Storm. Combining legendary characters from all of our universes, it naturally brought players together into a truly unique experience. Heroes and its community are home to some of the most passionate gamers from around the world and we’re committed to making sure that you can continue to enjoy your adventures through the Nexus.

Moving forward we will support Heroes in a manner similar to our other longstanding games, StarCraft and StarCraft II. In the future, we’ll continue seasonal rolls and hero rotations, and while the in-game shop will remain operational there are no plans for new for-purchase content to be added. Future patches will primarily focus on client sustainability and bug fixing, with balance updates coming as needed.

As a token of our appreciation, we are gifting the incredibly rare Epic Arcane Lizard mount to all players with next week’s patch.

To our Heroes community, we say, “thank you”. You continue to be one of our most passionate communities, we’re grateful for your continued dedication and support, and as always, we look forward to seeing you in the Nexus.
    That's quite melancholic. T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That's quite melancholic. T-T
    The existence of the upcoming announcement was leaked earlier this week, just no one knew what was going to be in it. I'd say this is rather anti-climactic.

Still, the amateur scene will continue on. I know I'll still be playing with my Lounge team for the foreseeable future for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing around 4-5 months ago since I knew the writing was on the wall. At least I have some closure now. This was the last Blizzard game I truly enjoyed for the last 7 years and now I have no more ties to Blizzard games. Thanks for all the good memories, Heroes of the Storm. I'll always remember all the fun and rage times we had.

I was hoping they would still do an occasional new hero

So it's finally dead, huh? What a shame. RIP to one of Blizzard's last good games.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

This Game could have been a BIG eSports Game with the right People behind it. Instead they let it die for no reason

How can you be so fucking incompetent at this Blizzard ?

7+ Year Old Account
    What a shame how this game ended

So, no new Heroes, not even new cosmetic items? The game truly is dead now huh

I mean, it's good to know that they don't plan to shut servers down or anything.

But...I can't help but think a single hero a year even wouldn't be unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP.

God Speed, HotS

Dang, has it really been seven years? Madness.

Really was a fun game. The only MOBA that I got into for a short time.

Yeah, a real shame.

Hell, I woulda been fine if this game at the very least had Mod support, since it is built on the SC2 Engine. I woulda loved having a crack at adding new Heroes that they never got around making.

Enjoyed this game greatly over the years, though increasingly less ever since the 2.0 patch. Like most multiplayer games for me, it was a lot of fun when playing with friends, but not particularly enjoyable when playing by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Got StarCraft`ed LMAO

Played probably 3 games overall when they released it and quit.
    Some good ideas but i already knew the game that you can't carry solo and has no items will not have chance with others.
    I also think making blue posts like this will make remaining players quit as their hope for something new in the future will be dead now.

Well this didn't help my day.

RIP only MOBA I actually enjoyed.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Makes me sad, that this good game failed so hard. then 2-3 Times i was forced to play i really disliked it, because it was to confusing, when u dont know what item gives you what (dis)advantage, just one map etc. Really fun and good game. But to be fair, we didnt got a new heroe in 1,5 years, so a year ago i "knew" this game was dead now.

Wait. That Game is still running? Does anyone even play it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Wait. That Game is still running? Does anyone even play it anymore?
    After a long break i played it last year very much. Its still really enjoyable.