Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only good thing is that you can trade without ilvl restriction. Did they say anything about PL ilvl restriction? Remove that for raids and PL will be far superior.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Master Loot is for one thing & one thing only, ninjaing.

words

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, when I ran mythic raiding, the goal was always as few healers as we needed, so that was how I used to experience things too.
    in a real mythic guild the loot prio is Dps>>>>>>Tank>Healer neither tanks or healers get loot unless the dps cant use it or need it.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    They have to do it like that because you could just run 19 paladins and funnel everything to the 20th. You would get all the items in the raid from a single run.
    I see no problem with that personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Yes anything can drop but why is it of concern?
    Doesn't it make things more interesting in a way that you need every armor class at least once even if it's just to "soak"?
    It could lead to higher irritation among the players and eventually burn-out after trying to get that one item, especially after seeing bunch of other, same, useless for everyone items dropping each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    in a real mythic guild the loot prio is Dps>>>>>>Tank>Healer neither tanks or healers get loot unless the dps cant use it or need it.
    Although I agree with the priority, I have no idea what do you mean by "real mythic guild"?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2022-07-15 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Only good thing is that you can trade without ilvl restriction. Did they say anything about PL ilvl restriction? Remove that for raids and PL will be far superior.
    They haven't so far, but yes - if that were the case we would not need any ml at all. But i am ok with group loot if they do not want to remove pl ilvl restrictions.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    When i read replies like this it is soo weird to me that people automatically got this vision of 'super toxic leader ninja looting everything from these poor raiders'.
    It is not absolutely not that way.
    I also really like PL and want it to stay as probably 99% of raids/pugs would still use it and that is great.

The problem with removing ML is mostly that they took from people possibility of making their own decisions.
    When i want to make my own raid i'd like to choose what time it is, what classes i pick or how loot is distributed.
    It works in Classic perfectly to the point that people are willing to mass join GDKP runs even with possibility of loosing thousands of gold... and i personally never even did or join any of these as i am more interested in guild runs.
    Aren't you removing every other raiders choice by using masterlooter? They have 0 says with ML.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Aren't you removing every other raiders choice by using masterlooter? They have 0 says with ML.
    They can make their own raid or join raid which doesn't operate using ML, no? I remember running PUG ML during WOTLK - had a ton of people who would ask me about it and just went elsewhere since they didn't like it
    Last edited by Popastique; 2022-07-15 at 11:05 AM.

I don't think this is a good change.

It will be the return of loot dramas and items the raid doesn't need dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Other people have choice to join or not agree with my rules and join PL raids instead.
    Simple as that.
    It is not like i want to force others to do my stuff.
    Works perfectly in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Kinda weird that they're reintroducing group loot without the ability to ML. Seems like an unnecessary layer of complication. If the intent is the same I don't understand the purpose of a half measure.
    Basically agree. They just need to put ML back with the caveat only guild groups can activate it. So PUGs are safe from it due to the inherent group nature (and personal loot works fine).

If people want to "abuse it" by making external people join their guild just to kick them once the raid is done, who cares honestly.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically agree. They just need to put ML back with the caveat only guild groups can activate it. So PUGs are safe from it due to the inherent group nature (and personal loot works fine).

If people want to "abuse it" by making external people join their guild just to kick them once the raid is done, who cares honestly.
    But...that's how it was. In the end of MOP. ML could only be activated once 80%+ of the group was guildies. So 16/20 for Mythic, 20/25 for 25man, 8/10 for 10man etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    But...that's how it was. In the end of MOP. ML could only be activated once 80%+ of the group was guildies. So 16/20 for Mythic, 20/25 for 25man, 8/10 for 10man etc.
    The guild group requirement was implemented in Legion, not MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's effectively the same, unless they are going to keep the highest ilvl based trade restrictions, but it didn't sound that way.

it'll just be "everybody pass and let the raidleader loot everything" in guildruns.
    Group loot is absolutely not the same as master loot. Group loot was the "greed if you're gonna sell it or DE it, need is only available if you can use the thing and rolling need and winning it soulbinds it to you" option.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Group loot is NOT master loot.

If your raid group selects group loot then the boss will drop x items of which some may not be useable at all by your party. That is the down side, the upside is the group can decide who rands and who pass on items.

No IT IS NOT MASTER LOOT: one person does not have sole access to all the loot then distribute it. it is GROUP LOOT, ie everyone will have a window with roll/pass.

And to those that complain about non useable loot: this is by design, you cannot have master loot with the benefice of personal loot. You might get items your group does not need. It has if my memory serves me right, always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Ah I see, you're one of those raid leaders that's guaranteed to be super toxic and controlling over everything. Yeah, I don't really think anyone will miss you not playing the game, if adding back master looter attracts people like you then they definitely made the right call getting rid of it and not adding it.

Because it doesn't solve a single problem yet it adds a bunch. That's objectively bad design, therefore it's trash and the game is better without it.
    Just chiming-in to say that I love you and 100% agree with everything you've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Group loot is NOT master loot.

If your raid group selects group loot then the boss will drop x items of which some may not be useable at all by your party. That is the down side, the upside is the group can decide who rands and who pass on items.

No IT IS NOT MASTER LOOT: one person does not have sole access to all the loot then distribute it. it is GROUP LOOT, ie everyone will have a window with roll/pass.

And to those that complain about non useable loot: this is by design, you cannot have master loot with the benefice of personal loot. You might get items your group does not need. It has if my memory serves me right, always been the case.
    Sorry pal. My raid, my rules. You want to raid in the organized environment I have created, that actually kills bosses and isn't a shitshow sorry excuse of a raid? You agree to my rules. You don't want to raid in this organized environment? Your call, don't join. I'm fine either way. But I'll be damned if random trials start telling me how to lead a team and how to distribute loot, when they obviously have 0 experience with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    pretty sure those people who would be screwed over gear and then kicked out of guild could care a bit...

- - - Updated - - -

These people would not have killed Jailer Heroic without my leadership. The effect I had on their gaming experience as a player, and as a leader, has caused these men and women to improve and become better players.
    from this attitude alone its almost guaranteed these people would do better with different leader without you and your MASSIVE ego... you without them on the other hand, probably not so much

- - - Updated - - -

You also sound like someone who has never played a team sport in their entire life
    actualy, you sound like that...
    if captain of any successful team/group would go "its all thanks TO ME" that shows only thing - team is great, captain is narcisist and should be kicked or at least demoted, as team would most likely do better without him in charge
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-15 at 04:10 PM.

Pretty dumb decision on their part to move back toward an easily abused system like master loot. Personal loot is better in every possible way. All they needed to do was allow all drops to be traded within the group. It would allow for guilds to distribute as they want without allowing for anybody to be screwed over by some prick who wants to play dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Pretty dumb decision on their part to move back toward an easily abused system like master loot.
    they actualy dont they move towards group loot (or something similar) OP just cant read with comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Other people have choice to join or not agree with my rules and join PL raids instead.
    Simple as that.
    It is not like i want to force others to do my stuff.
    Works perfectly in Classic.
    So it’s a dictatorship? Good to know!