Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    We already had that in 9.2. Didn't go well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    People loved classic, TBC classic and soon WotLK classic as well, which are all filled with grinds and chores.

    It is incredibly obvious that "chores" are universally desirable content, but are demeaned by various "streamers", many of whom are attempting to sabotage WoW for other games like FF.
    But yet the person I replied to stated that it took Blizz 18 years to realize ppl don’t like that content.
    There’s also plenty of people who refer to Torghast as Choreghast, and don’t like doing it.
    Personally, I hate chores in games. I’ve said it for years, and in multiple threads, but when I log in to play it should be because I want to, not because I have to. If I want to log in and do a few world quests here and there for some small rewards in gold or xmog/pets/mounts, or hunt some rare creatures for the same chances, I should want to do those things. Not log in to complete as many as possible in my personal time to gain power so I can stay relevant and not hold my guild of friends back.

  2. #62
    Well, welcome to the World of Mythic Plus and once again totally ignoring raids that aren't Mythic. I used to raid with 3 guilds all at a Heroic level and with a 4th guild on the off day and 90% of the people are all geared primarily from M+ but for people who just raid Heroic we're screwed. Outside of just finishing the Heroic raid as a guild there is almost zero point to do it anymore outside of the achievement and hangin' out with friends when you can just slide into each others DMs "Ohh you too would like to do a +15 that is much easier to do than the heroic raid... and we get a nice phat 278 item that we normally would never get".

    I'd like to thanks Blizzard for once again totally ignoring this problem even though there have been a gazillion, length threads about this on the WoW Forums... but hey, who gives a crap right... everyone is doing M+ so just focus on that M+ content amirite!

    Sad.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Well, welcome to the World of Mythic Plus
    Yeah unfortunately is one of my main reason I no longer play WoW. Without participation in M+ you are worthless for your raiding guild. Your ilv is to low AND all BIS trinkets are from dungeons...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Adding a new tanking class NEVER adds more tanks to the game. It didn't the past 3 times a new tank was added why would it be different now?

    Hell HALF of the games classes can currently tank wtf more do you people need? Lol
    The only change(s) I remember ever causing there to be more tanks in the game was dual spec (3.1?) for obvious reasons and later RDF (3.3) so people got get fast queues. I guess the solution is to increase queue times so more people will give up and tank!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    The only change(s) I remember ever causing there to be more tanks in the game was dual spec (3.1?) for obvious reasons and later RDF (3.3) so people got get fast queues. I guess the solution is to increase queue times so more people will give up and tank!
    Yeah I hate the impact M+ has on even casual raiding. Hard to be competitive if you don't want to do keys with people at 277 in your heroic raid (yet somehow they still struggle with mechanics). I wish they'd treat M+ like they do PvP - item level is higher in dungeons than in raids or have unique effects in dungeons.

  5. #65
    A truly missed opportunity to expand on the Great Vault by adding that the second raid unlock triggers loot from a higher difficulty raid. As an example killing 5 bosses in a heroic raid would result in 1 option from the mythic raid and 1 option from the heroic raid (instead of 2 options from the heroic raid).

    This way heroic raiders don't feel (as) forced to do M+ to get easy higher item level gear.

    The current iteration means that 90% of your gear comes from M+ vaults if you are interested in gearing your character. Gear from raids often comes as an unexpected bonus for the majority of the playerbase. This because by the time they are actually in the position to kill Mythic bosses they will already had a lot of M+ great vault options.
    It's an issue due to Mythic raids being only tuned the professional players (and in practice opening for non-professional players a month or more later when it gets balanced for players that "just" play the game for fun) and M+ being comparatively very easy to unlock a vault option.

  6. #66
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,672
    Hard to believe and all that, but none can deny that they are actually listening.

    So far everything we´ve seen is good, positive.

    This is the first time that I haven´t bought an expansion yet, first time ever that an expansion made me quit (Shadowlands) and play classic (real wow) instead. But I admit that this is looking good.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah unfortunately is one of my main reason I no longer play WoW. Without participation in M+ you are worthless for your raiding guild. Your ilv is to low AND all BIS trinkets are from dungeons...
    Pretty much. Nothing says excitement like being in raid BIS gear on your main and everyone else is still 7-10 ilvl ahead of you.

  8. #68
    Seems to me more of the same.

    M+ / Mythic Raiding / Arena or GTFO design.

    Nothing about casual content, world content, disabling premades for random BG, allowing crafted gear to be competitive without the m+ / mythic raiding / arena thing etc.

    More of the same as expected. They baked borrowed powers into the talent trees but that is about it. Still designing the game around diablo fans (m+) and 1%ers (raiders / arena).

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    The only change(s) I remember ever causing there to be more tanks in the game was dual spec (3.1?) for obvious reasons and later RDF (3.3) so people got get fast queues. I guess the solution is to increase queue times so more people will give up and tank!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah I hate the impact M+ has on even casual raiding. Hard to be competitive if you don't want to do keys with people at 277 in your heroic raid (yet somehow they still struggle with mechanics). I wish they'd treat M+ like they do PvP - item level is higher in dungeons than in raids or have unique effects in dungeons.
    Are you having a conversation with yourself? I don't mean to butt in.

  10. #70
    "Hopefully rotating the dungeon pool will help reduce the barrier to entry that comes with the knowledge required later in the season."

    I have a feeling this will have the opposite effect. One of the reasons why people tend to not want to tank is because they are expected to know a certain amount about the dungeon, not necessarily the ultra min/max route required for a +25 and above. It takes time for people to learn and get comfortable with routes, and rotating which dungeons are available will actually make this take longer, leading to less people feeling inclined to tank for M+.

  11. #71
    The team wants to give players reasons to revisit the 18 years of content that is out there rather than spending all of your time in the newest content.
    That's great news!
    Just don't fuck up the old content. When are you bringing back those WoD appearances?

  12. #72
    Shadowlands taught the team that they need to help players avoid stuff that feels like a chore. No more daily/weekly routine or checklist, no stuff that you have to do, whether you like it or not, to stay relevant in your preferred content.
    I'll believe it when I see it. For real and in release.

    The pressure for raiders to do dungeons especially is looking MIGHTY sus.

  13. #73
    Sad to see blizz-acti management trying to ruin everything, hopefully the microsoft buy goes quickly so they can remove most of the current upper management.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Sad to see blizz-acti management trying to ruin everything, hopefully the microsoft buy goes quickly so they can remove most of the current upper management.
    Couldn't agree more. The Great Vault haws proven to be utter trash most weeks. How can they even think that it was a good idea

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    "Hopefully rotating the dungeon pool will help reduce the barrier to entry that comes with the knowledge required later in the season."

    I have a feeling this will have the opposite effect. One of the reasons why people tend to not want to tank is because they are expected to know a certain amount about the dungeon, not necessarily the ultra min/max route required for a +25 and above. It takes time for people to learn and get comfortable with routes, and rotating which dungeons are available will actually make this take longer, leading to less people feeling inclined to tank for M+.
    imean they woudl be correct if first season was only 4 new dungeons season 2 another 4 new ones and season 3 all 8 combined.

    in SL people dont know routes even 2 years after launch :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The Great Vault haws proven to be utter trash most weeks. How can they even think that it was a good idea
    as someone who has atm 13 alts with average itlv over 273 ... i couldnt disagree with you more. and thats after doing literaly 1 dungeon a week for most resets with exeption of maybe 2 resets when i was doing 4 dungeons on them to push scores from 1700 to like 2300 .

    yesyou wont get geared in 2 months . but over the span of whole season ? ofc you will - as long as you just play withotu breaks

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Well, welcome to the World of Mythic Plus and once again totally ignoring raids that aren't Mythic. I used to raid with 3 guilds all at a Heroic level and with a 4th guild on the off day and 90% of the people are all geared primarily from M+ but for people who just raid Heroic we're screwed. Outside of just finishing the Heroic raid as a guild there is almost zero point to do it anymore outside of the achievement and hangin' out with friends when you can just slide into each others DMs "Ohh you too would like to do a +15 that is much easier to do than the heroic raid... and we get a nice phat 278 item that we normally would never get".

    I'd like to thanks Blizzard for once again totally ignoring this problem even though there have been a gazillion, length threads about this on the WoW Forums... but hey, who gives a crap right... everyone is doing M+ so just focus on that M+ content amirite!

    Sad.
    Pretty much.

    They need to do a much better job aligning the difficulty to reward ratio between mythic+ and raiding.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Pretty much.

    They need to do a much better job aligning the difficulty to reward ratio between mythic+ and raiding.
    I don't want them to nerf M+ by any means and am starting to enjoy it but once you've learned M+ this odd dynamic of people thinking a +15 is as hard as a heroic raid is getting ridiculous. I stumbled through a few 15s with guildmates and even they said I did really well for never doing it and it didn't seem that hard.

  18. #78
    Shadowlands taught the team that they need to help players avoid stuff that feels like a chore.
    Shadowlands + the innumerable number of people that beta tested it before it got released.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Well, welcome to the World of Mythic Plus and once again totally ignoring raids that aren't Mythic. I used to raid with 3 guilds all at a Heroic level and with a 4th guild on the off day and 90% of the people are all geared primarily from M+ but for people who just raid Heroic we're screwed. Outside of just finishing the Heroic raid as a guild there is almost zero point to do it anymore outside of the achievement and hangin' out with friends when you can just slide into each others DMs "Ohh you too would like to do a +15 that is much easier to do than the heroic raid... and we get a nice phat 278 item that we normally would never get".

    I'd like to thanks Blizzard for once again totally ignoring this problem even though there have been a gazillion, length threads about this on the WoW Forums... but hey, who gives a crap right... everyone is doing M+ so just focus on that M+ content amirite!

    Sad.
    good. the faster raiding dies for good and is removed from game the better.


    the more quick 15-30 minutes dungeons they put into game the better .

    raiding has been nothing but toxic in wow for far to long .

  20. #80
    https://twitter.com/playteppen/statu...86196235399173

    Devil May Cry 4 showed that wings can be made into shields.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •