Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The visage form should have been any race unaltered, so anyone can play the evoker class as any race the end. These lizards are shapesifters, but apparently they just suck for the sake of sucking at blending in.

    .
    It can still be any race down the line, but you kinda understand that the visage form isn't an elf right - it just uses the Belf male skeleton for males, and the human female skeleton for females, but the customisations are all unique like pretty much every allied race.. which makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The resources for customization went into the entirely wrong section of the race. All these little customization should be on the dragon form, especially since blizz couldn't be bothered to make gear for them.
    I like the depth of customisation in visage, but am baffled that with this much detail, why the use of the form is so restricted in combat?

    Now the draconic form does have customisations, an shit load too, so I'm not sure what you mean about the depth, it far out strips any monster race so far, and we know in general there normally isn't much variation you get for monster races - we aren't use to them lizard people or cow people etc, so it's natural that a humaonid version will have more customisable options, let's be practical. and yet this dragon form has tons of stuff so I don't see your point Still they could have had more, true, yet, part of the reason a visage form is necessary is the limitation and niche market of the monster race and you could make the argument they could always have more. Where do you draw the line, and how much is sensible - how do you determine that?

    Anyone with the data can see that monster races aren't that popular by themselves. Sure they are hugely loved by those who lvoe them, but those who love them are a minority crowd. So great to have, but not as the only option.

    your race has a much broader appeal if it's a monster that has dual form it will do, and the more attractive you make either the more you appeal to lovers of both - the question is not the appeal of either form here, but the lack of using one in combat at will.

    Saying that I have commented more on the draconic form, and it's "buffness", it could have been more imposing or at least had a more imposing option. As it stands, I am far more attracted to using the visage form all the time. but even if I really liked the end result Dragon form by the time release comes and they fixed all my issues with it, I would still actually very much love to decide which form I'd like to fight in whenever I want, it makes the race even more appealing.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-18 at 12:03 AM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It can still be any race down the line, but you kinda understand that the visage form isn't an elf right - it just uses the Belf male skeleton for males, and the human female skeleton for females, but the customisations are all unique like pretty much every allied race.. which makes sense.
    If the other races will look just as ridiculous I hope it never spreads any further..... shape shifters hah. These customization's should have never existed

    I like the depth of customisation, but am baffled that with this much detail, why the use of the form is so restricted in combat?
    Nice that you like it, I don't and no matter what anyone says about the matter will change my stance on it, since the whole ordeal is already too late and blizz finished this debacle and all that is left for me to do is to mock their choice, since is what I do when I am bored out of my mind.

    I for one won't touch any of these things with a ten foot pole at the end of day, simply because I just don't like anything about them.

    Dragon form looks like a scrawny lizard from D&D with wings taped on and the whole visage things looks just as if someone with psoriasis ran head first in a bucket of paint and glued some horns on.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2022-07-18 at 12:16 AM.

  3. #63
    Scarab Lord Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    4,450
    Sorry.

    I think the visage form looks awful. The scales, horns and everything feels haphazardly slapped on an elf/human

    If you want to play a dragon, then play the dragon form
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  4. #64
    Pandaren Monk Tartys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Italy - EU
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    For people like me where a beast form model has issues and I cant see all armor having a humanoid form I is even more important, but then restricting it to out of combat use only when it is unique enough feels like an un necessary limitation that will one

    1. Put off players who don't do monster races (which are a fair few and also unnecessary since you have a human form)
    2. Further needlessly limit such a key featured race that already has some major restrictions, like being only open to one class.


    Can someone please explain why blizzard has initially chosen that visage form cannot be used in combat, and rather than allowing it with having dragon breath abilities auto shift you to your dragon form for the ability's duration?

    Evoker gameplay has dragon abilities that if they force a temporary transformation to Dragon form, will ensure enough of a dragon feel to your character even if playing combat in visage form. And to me seems a good compromise that can open this up and even excite quite a few more people.


    So why needlessly impose another restriction that will further reduce the appeal of your main feature of your new expansion has to others?

    I dont have much interest in thr new race without this at the very least, and Ecoker dracthyr is half the attraction of the expansion . Those visage forms look really nice, but I am not feeling being forced into Dracthy form in combat, it is not enough to carry the new race class, and seems pointless to ,imit when it will appeal to me and others like me a lot more without such a limit
    I dont play Druid because I dont like the Howl form, but I dont ask to change a class because I dont wanna play as an ugly Bird.

    Did you ever see an Aspects fight in human form? No, because they are Dragons, the human form its only a social form used for Interact with human.

    Also I have the opposite "issue", I wanna stay in dragon form much possible because Im not interessed in theyr visage form.

    So, I think the actual situation Its a good compromise beetwen your "issue" and mine.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If the other races will look just as ridiculous I hope it never spreads any further..... shape shifters hah. These customization's should have never existed
    I'm fine with visage form just being what we have now but I don't care or mind if they make versions based on other racial skeletons for people feel more like it.

    Personally i think it would be easier to make other races be Evokers f you ask me, but then people have always wanted very race to have every class and we've never been given that


    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Nice that you like it, I don't and no matter what anyone says about the matter will change my stance on it, since the whole ordeal is already too late and blizz finished this debacle and all that is left for me to do is to mock their choice, since is what I do when I am bored out of my mind.

    I for one won't touch any of these things with a ten foot pole at the end of day, simply because I just don't like anything about them.

    Dragon form looks like a scrawny lizard from D&D with wings taped on and the whole visage things looks just as if someone with psoriasis ran head first in a bucket of paint and glued some horns on.
    Harsh view point, but not invalid, it's how you feel. I was disappointed with the dragon form, but find the visage form likeable . I mean, the dragon form may grow on me, I haven't tested it out, so who knows, and it may still change before release. I'm still open though, like I always am, but history warns me not to be too hopeful with this old companion called wow.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'm fine with visage form just being what we have now but I don't care or mind if they make versions based on other racial skeletons for people feel more like it.

    Personally i think it would be easier to make other races be Evokers f you ask me, but then people have always wanted very race to have every class and we've never been given that
    It could have been a literal non issue, just use any unaltered model, so anyone could have played their Drac'thyr with the race they prefer, instead of shoving in yet another special elf and human customization, because this is exactly what this is. I am personally so sick and tired of more humans and elves




    Harsh view point, but not invalid, it's how you feel. I was disappointed with the dragon form, but find the visage form likeable .
    What is likable about it? The way I see it, it just looks unnatural,stiff, literally as if someone glued some stuff on, there is no organic feel to it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I dont play Druid because I dont like the Howl form, but I dont ask to change a class because I dont wanna play as an ugly Bird.

    Did you ever see an Aspects fight in human form? No, because they are Dragons, the human form its only a social form used for Interact with human.

    Also I have the opposite "issue", I wanna stay in dragon form much possible because Im not interessed in theyr visage form.

    So, I think the actual situation Its a good compromise beetwen your "issue" and mine.
    That's a fair point, but then, seen the aspects cast many times in humanoid form, and in places where they can't use the "strength" of their bigger form, have remained in humanoid form to fight...

    and if the evoker doesn't utilise strength of it's form, then the logical argument maintains that from a lore point of view, they don't need to be perma in dragon form for most o of their abilities save the ones that require the a wing or tail - in fact, even the breadth and flight could simply do a partial transformation to gain wings and they could breathe fire out of humanoid form. That isn't an unreasonable or out of this world imagining.

    However I am fine with visage form going to dragon form for the duration of certain abilities, I feel that while it isn't a must, it's good to have because you have a dragon form and you are a dracthyr, so it should see some compulsory use, and the best way is to have certain abilities trigger the form. What I don't like is that after you use those abilities you are stuck in dragon form till the end of combat

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It could have been a literal non issue, just use any unaltered model, so anyone could have played their Drac'thyr with the race they prefer, instead of shoving in yet another special elf and human customization, because this is exactly what this is. I am personally so sick and tired of more humans and elves
    Honestly .. I prefer to have this, just because of the level of deatil of cusotmisation. This would not have been possible if you could use any race model, and while using any race model is actually appealing to me as well, I like that this is here because of the huge array of cusotmisation it has.


    I wonder if you would feel differently if they later added being able to use any race model as visage form - and if you would like those new visage forms to just be the current races or would like them to have the drcaonic customisations the current visage form has?




    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What is likable about it? The way I see it, it just looks unnaturally,stiff, literally as if someone glued some stuff on, there is no organic feel to it.
    Colours and options, I don't like the face much , but the scales, the colours, the jewellery - tbh, this is the level of customisation I was expecting for other races - highlights, jewellery hair, ears, nose, eyebrows, beards it has so much , I like that, and i like how they did the scales, I envisioned something similar for a naga elf race once upon a time, but I'm fine with this, and the colours, shame you can't mix the colours of the scales too.

    I'm not too disappointed with the face because like the night elf male face i don't like, I can hide it under beards and scales to look pretty cool in the end

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I dont play Druid because I dont like the Howl form, but I dont ask to change a class because I dont wanna play as an ugly Bird.
    Then its fortunate for you that you have the OPTION to use the glyph of stars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Did you ever see an Aspects fight in human form? No, because they are Dragons, the human form its only a social form used for Interact with human.
    I never saw a Tauren Paladin, Troll Druid, Shadow Priests using void forms until they were added, its almost as if anything can be added or changed on a whim and correct me if I'm wrong but never has it been stated Dragons CANT fight in human forms if they are not using draconic abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Also I have the opposite "issue", I wanna stay in dragon form much possible because Im not interessed in theyr visage form.
    Great cos noones suggesting stopping you doing that if you want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    So, I think the actual situation Its a good compromise beetwen your "issue" and mine.
    A better solution would be a toggleable OPTION to stay in Visage form if you prefer and it just act like DH's where you transform into Dragon form for abilities that would require it such as breaths and then auto shift back to visage form just like you do for any abilities that require metamorphosis on DH.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I wonder if you would feel differently if they later added being able to use any race model as visage form - and if you would like those new visage forms to just be the current races or would like them to have the drcaonic customisations the current visage form has?
    Since I do not like the draconic visage form in any way shape or from, I'd prefer the normal modely, which doesn't matter though, since I don't like their draconic model that much either.

    So pretty much like druid it will be a class I will never play.



    Colours and options, I don't like the face much , but the scales, the colours, the jewellery - tbh, this is the level of customisation I was expecting for other races - highlights, jewellery hair, ears, nose, eyebrows, beards it has so much , I like that, and i like how they did the scales, once upon a time, but I'm fine with this, and the colours, shame you can't mix the colours of the scales too.

    I'm not too disappointed with the face because like the night elf male face i don't like, I can hide it under beards and scales to look pretty cool in the end
    I see, though the amount of options they gave the secondary form actually pissed me off more, considering how little they gave the allied races and the main ones.

    I envisioned something similar for a naga elf race
    I would fight this every step of the way, such a thing would ruin the Naga. Either do them properly or not at all, which means draconic fishy snake people.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Since I do not like the draconic visage form in any way shape or from, I'd prefer the normal modely, which doesn't matter though, since I don't like their draconic model that much either.

    So pretty much like druid it will be a class I will never play.
    Yeh, it would likely be that - because while I can see them opening up the ability to become a visage form of any race you want -

    1. I suspect you will be forced into dragon form permanently in combat for those visage forms (with only the original one being allowed in combat)
    2. I also suspect that opening up visage form of other races would kill the Dracthyr able to become other classes which would have allowed you to play a dracthyr with a different visage form - but then would have been pointless if you were playing it to as the another class with the model of an existing race - why not just play that race /class combo (unless you get access to some combos not allowed - like Gnome druid or Tauren mage or Elf shaman becuase you use visage form of a Dracthyr from those races.

    If the Dracthyr become other classes, then there is no need to forece any dragon form transformation as other calsses don't require it, this makes the visage form totally useable in combat, but only with the current model, if you can be another race visage form without any modification then it won't happen.




    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I see, though the amount of options they gave the secondary form actually pissed me off more, considering how little they gave the allied races and the main ones.
    I was actually surprised and glad to see the much greater effort done for the new race - and while it's like wow, so you can do a much better run at customisations, why didn't you do it for the existing races? I'm more like okay, if you can do this, you should do this fort eh existing races and give more customisations down the line.

    They have said they would give more down the line in the past, but the when is just... I think people like customisations so much, they should have a team constantly on it, updating existing races, even doing things like class skins, glyph abilities for abilities that bring different fantasies in, like can you imagine if you ahd a dark ranger glyph set for the hunter - or class skins became a thing?




    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I would fight this every step of the way, such a thing would ruin the Naga. Either do them properly or not at all, which means draconic fishy snake people.
    But what is properly? A naga elf race in my imagination would be like the Dracthyr - you would have naga form done exactly as you see it, but you would also have an elf based humanoid form - again it will play into the fantasy, and the option is there for once more people who don't like monster races can have this - the naga fantasy and lore does allow this to be a possibility (this is not the case for every race off course), but because of how niche monster races can be, these options are vital, but the elf form would be useable in combat too so it's like having two races in one. Whether they would force a transformation for certain abilities - like the void elf entropic embrace, racial - where the naga version will force any naga in elf form to auto transform to their serpentine form or just leave it open is something that would do.

    this way it is accessible to far more players..if you love naga but hate elves, you don't ever have to be in their humanoid form You have that flexibility, like worgen, when you re in humanoid form they might just think you a normal elf if you're special features aren't showing visibly. But can't help if you hate that, it's not for you to decide what other people want to play - as much as you may hate seeing race x or y hanging around, you at least have options.


    but I'm curious though your avatar is lizard based race.. I take it that is what you like? Why exactly don't you like the Dracthyr dragon form and what modifications to it will change your mind?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yeh, it would likely be that - because while I can see them opening up the ability to become a visage form of any race you want -

    1. I suspect you will be forced into dragon form permanently in combat for those visage forms (with only the original one being allowed in combat)
    2. I also suspect that opening up visage form of other races would kill the Dracthyr able to become other classes which would have allowed you to play a dracthyr with a different visage form - but then would have been pointless if you were playing it to as the another class with the model of an existing race - why not just play that race /class combo (unless you get access to some combos not allowed - like Gnome druid or Tauren mage or Elf shaman becuase you use visage form of a Dracthyr from those races.

    If the Dracthyr become other classes, then there is no need to forece any dragon form transformation as other calsses don't require it, this makes the visage form totally useable in combat, but only with the current model, if you can be another race visage form without any modification then it won't happen.
    What they do from now on with it, doesn't really concern me much anymore ugly as sin it is ugly as sin it will remain.



    I was actually surprised and glad to see the much greater effort done for the new race - and while it's like wow, so you can do a much better run at customisations, why didn't you do it for the existing races? I'm more like okay, if you can do this, you should do this fort eh existing races and give more customisations down the line.

    They have said they would give more down the line in the past, but the when is just... I think people like customisations so much, they should have a team constantly on it, updating existing races, even doing things like class skins, glyph abilities for abilities that bring different fantasies in, like can you imagine if you ahd a dark ranger glyph set for the hunter - or class skins became a thing?
    It just reaffirmed one thing, blizz can make heaps of customization, but thy can't be bothered to do so normally.


    But what is properly?
    WC3 Naga anything else is a detriment

    A naga elf race in my imagination would be like the Dracthyr - you would have naga form done exactly as you see it, but you would also have an elf based humanoid form - again it will play into the fantasy, and the option is there for once more people who don't like monster races can have this - the naga fantasy and lore does allow this to be a possibility (this is not the case for every race off course), but because of how niche monster races can be, these options are vital, but the elf form would be useable in combat too so it's like having two races in one. Whether they would force a transformation for certain abilities - like the void elf entropic embrace, racial - where the naga version will force any naga in elf form to auto transform to their serpentine form or just leave it open is something that would do.

    this way it is accessible to far more players..if you love naga but hate elves, you don't ever have to be in their humanoid form You have that flexibility, like worgen, when you re in humanoid form they might just think you a normal elf if you're special features aren't showing visibly. But can't help if you hate that, it's not for you to decide what other people want to play - as much as you may hate seeing race x or y hanging around, you at least have options.
    Indeed they could do all of that, I would hate it and I would put every single Naga player, who loves to strut around in their elf form on ignore, because I do not want to play with such players.

    but I'm curious though your avatar is lizard based race.. I take it that is what you like?
    My Avatar is actually a Naga from Wc3 reforged, the old one looked better


    Why exactly don't you like the Dracthyr dragon form and what modifications to it will change your mind?
    I don't like its entire proportions, it looks very lanky to me, the faces sometimes look they have thrown spikes in there for the hell of it, I don't like their tail, it is too thin, I don't like their ears, I don't like their slender snouts, I don't like their giraffe neck.

  12. #72
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,812
    Its even easier to do with some Glyph, that would allowing to remain in visage form 24/7 with minor body transformations.


    Wings made out of Arcane magic..

  13. #73
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    For people like me where a beast form model has issues and I cant see all armor having a humanoid form I is even more important, but then restricting it to out of combat use only when it is unique enough feels like an un necessary limitation that will one

    1. Put off players who don't do monster races (which are a fair few and also unnecessary since you have a human form)
    2. Further needlessly limit such a key featured race that already has some major restrictions, like being only open to one class.


    Can someone please explain why blizzard has initially chosen that visage form cannot be used in combat, and rather than allowing it with having dragon breath abilities auto shift you to your dragon form for the ability's duration?

    Evoker gameplay has dragon abilities that if they force a temporary transformation to Dragon form, will ensure enough of a dragon feel to your character even if playing combat in visage form. And to me seems a good compromise that can open this up and even excite quite a few more people.


    So why needlessly impose another restriction that will further reduce the appeal of your main feature of your new expansion has to others?

    I dont have much interest in thr new race without this at the very least, and Ecoker dracthyr is half the attraction of the expansion . Those visage forms look really nice, but I am not feeling being forced into Dracthy form in combat, it is not enough to carry the new race class, and seems pointless to ,imit when it will appeal to me and others like me a lot more without such a limit
    Then it's not the class for them...not every class is designed or should be designed to appeal to every person. I'm not the biggest Monk or Warrior fan and I don't expect them to cater to me

    Evoker is clearly designed with the dragon form in mind, and like Worgen they were designed to transform in combat, but I don't see people demanding that Worgen stay in human form

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

    Evoker is clearly designed with the dragon form in mind, and like Worgen they were designed to transform in combat, but I don't see people demanding that Worgen stay in human form
    You must not have been hanging around fansites back when cataclysm was new, because holy crap it got incessant sometimes.

    It's STILL incessant in RP communities.

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Then it's not the class for them...not every class is designed or should be designed to appeal to every person. I'm not the biggest Monk or Warrior fan and I don't expect them to cater to me

    Evoker is clearly designed with the dragon form in mind, and like Worgen they were designed to transform in combat, but I don't see people demanding that Worgen stay in human form

    Uh, that’s not true. So many Worgen players have been asking for it since its inception.

    That said Evoker spells use the Dracthyr model to lift players, take flight, and tail whip. It wouldn’t make sense to show that in Visage form. Evoker is a mix of mage and feral druid.

  16. #76
    I really hope I have to use the ugly Dracthyr form almost never. Can I fight in Visage, turn automatically into Dracthyr for breath skills and then automatically return to Visage? Haven't really followed that, but I hope it's the case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    You must not have been hanging around fansites back when cataclysm was new, because holy crap it got incessant sometimes.

    It's STILL incessant in RP communities.
    honest question, is playing a worgen that stays in human form not solved by simply playing a human?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #78
    There's so many hater in this thread hating one form or the other or both... Jesus you are not going to be FORCED to play them and hopefully Blizz will ignore you guys because all you seem to do is complain.

    Personally I am very excited for Dracthyr and I will spend a majority of my time in visage.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really hope I have to use the ugly Dracthyr form almost never. Can I fight in Visage, turn automatically into Dracthyr for breath skills and then automatically return to Visage? Haven't really followed that, but I hope it's the case.
    At the moment, no. The first time you use a skill that breaks visage, you're in it until combat ends, but automatically change back (if you were in visage to begin with) after combat ends.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    At the moment, no. The first time you use a skill that breaks visage, you're in it until combat ends, but automatically change back (if you were in visage to begin with) after combat ends.
    Ah, so similar to Worgen. Such a pity - thanks for the clarification.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    There's so many hater in this thread hating one form or the other or both... Jesus you are not going to be FORCED to play them and hopefully Blizz will ignore you guys because all you seem to do is complain.
    I am because I want to play Evoker.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •