Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    The dragon form is so ugly and poorly animated that it is one of the main reasons I won't play that class. I hate the wings mostly, but the running is bad as well. If they let me stay in the human form as much as possible I might give it a shot.
    Animations are fine, the power of the spells surging through their wings is a nice touch too. You not personally liking the look of them is something else entirely.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    The dragon form is so ugly and poorly animated that it is one of the main reasons I won't play that class. I hate the wings mostly, but the running is bad as well. If they let me stay in the human form as much as possible I might give it a shot.
    Just do us all a favour and don't play it, it's obviously not for you so why torture yourself?

  3. #103
    They could easily allow you to stay in either form, not hard to have a cool tail spawn in as needed or wings like the Demon Hunter with a poof of magic for each as needed.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  4. #104
    Brewmaster Flame6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,433
    Already the game's most popular races are human and elves by a HUGE margin. Sucks to see more of the same. I'd rather all the other races get this level of customization and let them shift into dragons instead of adding another human/elf.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Absolutely not. The visage form must be destroyed, or at least rendered entirely irrelevant instead of being forced into upon mounting, or providing any mechanical benefit whatsoever, like that out of combat regen. Blech.

    It's shameful on Blizzard's part that they don't have the guts to commit to the theme, and doubly so on you for encouraging them.
    They're committed to a different theme, related to weirdos with colored hair, tats and piercings.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Already the game's most popular races are human and elves by a HUGE margin. Sucks to see more of the same. I'd rather all the other races get this level of customization and let them shift into dragons instead of adding another human/elf.
    I think they are picked because of that.


    Think about it... the other races are FAR less popular - if you picked them for visage form, you reduce the popualrity of the non-monster loving crowd that you wnat to attract to play (and buy your expansion) - the toher models don't cut it.

    Now, do you design a new type of humanoid model - well that's kinda what they did, and they felt the Belf male and human female proportions were the best they had to offer - for humanoid. This is why you get whatwe have.

    Monster lovers have dragon form, humanoid lovers have visage form. Not every monster lover is going to love the dragon form, nor every humanoid lover love the visage form - When it comes to dragons there were expeectations enough of the community were not happy with - this is not the majority, it is a minority, but enough to be of some concern a s they expected dragons to be a bit more buff rather than fem/skinny anime ilk - still it was popular. Same with visage form.

    Now they could have made the visage form be any race you choose - but they clearly didn't want the Dracthyr to be only the Dragon form, they wanted it to be unique in both visage and dragonform because the visage form is not just a disguise, it is part of the Dracthyr being a mixed humanoid and dragon creation and not just purely dragon like the drakonid or dragons themselves where their human form is just a disguise.

    Different race concept. I can't criticise them for that - i have always felt a dual shapeshift race is better to go with for 1 race only monster race. Why? Because if this is the only race you are releasing, you can't make it too niche.. it has to ahve a humanoid form because monster races, while hugely popular within a niche market, that niche isn't that big. It's not good for releasing 1 new race. If you released multiple races, that's fine, because those who don't like monster races have other options - like happened with allied races, worgen/goblin and with the original 8 race release, where you had options.


    Anyway, i think for a dragon race the lore is fine, it's something new and special, i won't have gone with that and I would have made the Dracthyr able to be more classes and other races Evokers too - but hey, what they did is what they did, it works too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    They're committed to a different theme, related to weirdos with colored hair, tats and piercings.
    what do you think they call people who want to play as cat people, or dog people or cow people? - if playing the current version of dracthyr is weird, then you have forgotten that every race in wow is weird and people who play anything but humans are weirdos.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You missed my point first - that is what I am responding to.
    You had no point then, nor do you now. You waste so much text saying nothing of substance—you spend more time here dismissing me out of hand than you do making any kind of actual argument. This shall continue so as long as you insist on spouting nonsense.
    Who is opposed to dragon from xmooggability? I am not, I haven't seen any one who likes elves or admires visage form (which isn't an elf) opposed to it
    Yes, you are. You are happy to accept it as a lack as long as it means that you get the crappy visage form. You would like to have both, but Blizzard will not deign to do that, as the fundamental reason that the visage exists at all is so Blizzard can avoid giving the dragon form transmog functionality, which is a lot of work that they don't want to do.

    By all means, go and ask them to add it anyway.
    You sound crazy - Why don't you calm down, let your frustration melt way, and then calmly think about what you are saying and what is being done.
    I am perfectly calm and rational in my disgust of you. Doubly so when you say things like this...
    you seem to forget that visage form is entirely a core part of the identity of the dracthyr which is a humanoid and dragon
    Absolutely not.

    A dragon race does not have any visage nonsense as a "core identity". The dragon race's core identity is that of a dragon. I believe this is a very simple concept to grasp, but you have failed to do so repeatedly.
    In your opinion again, go invent your own race or propose it and make it happen, you can choose to have it be a monolith and serve whatever you want, but it seems like just because you don't like something - it doesn't need to exist.
    As a matter of fact, I have done so. Consequently I have opinions on the correct way to go about such things.

    I like the dracthyr. They have potential. Which is why I don't like it when it is being corrupted and left feature-incomplete.
    what you complaining to me about it?
    Because you are saying dumb things and making false statements. Therefore I call you out.
    You hate it me because i like something you don't like. You hate me, a real person because i like a made up race in a fantasy video game of pixels that isn't even real - in a product you probably enjoy more than me.
    No, I hate you and people like you because you because you take something that is good and turn it into garbage. I like night elves—the way they should be. You make it your business to wax poetical about night elf mages, which are antithetical to all that is good about night elven culture. I like dracthyr, but you make it your business to praise the wasteful visage form to the heavens, and the visage form is the representation of all Blizzard's failures with this race. As long as you insist on blabbering on about these things, do not be so surprised when I set you straight.
    Oh and pointing this out is not defending anything.. this is what we are given, it is what they chose to create - you don't seem to realise this.
    Yes, Blizzard have made a mistake. This has been increasingly common for the past seven years or more.
    what is true is that by having two forms, you get more people to like the race.
    No. Trying to appeal to two different groups that have fundamentally different tastes will satisfy noone. I, certainly, am left woefully unsatisfied.
    You sound like an upset child having a tantrum and raging at everyone because he hasn't been given what he likes or wants. this is not the way to behave.
    Oh no, what a dire insult!

    I have been perfectly calm and calculated in my communication. Alas, when the fool whom I am speaking with refuses to comprehend what is being communicated, I suppose it is to be expected that only the insults register. I would be inclined to be more amenable if you didn't have a history of being a long-winded blowhard who fabricates his own perception of reality and tries to pass it off as truth to others. I fundamentally reject your flawed interpretation.
    Last edited by Arikara; 2022-07-26 at 01:00 PM.

  8. #108
    What about Worgen? If the Dracthyr get to swap forms in combat (even with penalties), Worgen should be get a similar option since Worgen players have learned to suppress the curse for periods of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

    You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevez4 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Animations are fine, the power of the spells surging through their wings is a nice touch too. You not personally liking the look of them is something else entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Just do us all a favour and don't play it, it's obviously not for you so why torture yourself?
    I don't plan on playing it, but as a consumer, I feel I have every right to vocally express my opinions on one of the major selling points of the companies new product. I don't get this argument that just because I don't like something, that I should just shut up and sit in the corner. I even offered a solution to the problem, let us stay in the normal visage form most of the time, so that we could play a class that is locked behind a race that many seem to not like.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I don't plan on playing it, but as a consumer, I feel I have every right to vocally express my opinions on one of the major selling points of the companies new product. I don't get this argument that just because I don't like something, that I should just shut up and sit in the corner. I even offered a solution to the problem, let us stay in the normal visage form most of the time, so that we could play a class that is locked behind a race that many seem to not like.
    Overall consensus is very positive for Dracthyr the people here crying over it are a VERY tiny VERY vocal minority, so just face the facts that its not catered to you and move on.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Overall consensus is very positive for Dracthyr the people here crying over it are a VERY tiny VERY vocal minority, so just face the facts that its not catered to you and move on.
    I would agree that the class seems to be popular and that people seem to be liking the mechanics of it, however I have yet to see anything remotely official that states the "overall consensus" is very positive in terms of their looks. I mean there are multiple threads going asking for the visage form, Blizzard has already made concessions regarding that, so there must be something to it.

    Also in regards to "move on", no, you.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    They're committed to a different theme, related to weirdos with colored hair, tats and piercings.
    It is the Trans race imo.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    They're committed to a different theme, related to weirdos with colored hair, tats and piercings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is the Trans race imo.
    Both of these statements have absolutely nothing to do with the topic beyond a cringe-inducing need to interject some low-tier bait into the thread. Truly an accomplishment worth lauding.

    But to address the first bullet point, I have at least a dozen visible tattoos and numerous piercings, but my favorite class is Paladin. Paladin. Harp on Dracthyr as you see fit, but its complete nonsense to say that the race of shapeshifting dragon people are nothing more than an attempt at pandering when lore has repeatedly shown us that dragons frequently shapeshift into humanoid forms as they see fit.

    Don't let your political bias blind you to existing canon and let the fantasy game be just that - a fantasy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

    You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Both of these statements have absolutely nothing to do with the topic beyond a cringe-inducing need to interject some low-tier bait into the thread. Truly an accomplishment worth lauding.

    But to address the first bullet point, I have at least a dozen visible tattoos and numerous piercings, but my favorite class is Paladin. Paladin. Harp on Dracthyr as you see fit, but its complete nonsense to say that the race of shapeshifting dragon people are nothing more than an attempt at pandering when lore has repeatedly shown us that dragons frequently shapeshift into humanoid forms as they see fit.

    Don't let your political bias blind you to existing canon and let the fantasy game be just that - a fantasy game.
    You are reading too much into things lmao. It is well know that the devs use cultural inspiration with each of the races they have made, the game is literally pop culture and d&d.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  15. #115
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it would be interesting if you could opt to stay in visage form for some spells and abilities, but others that kind of require the natural draconic form force-shift you into Dracthyr mode - like those that involve breath weapons, flight, and so on. Basic spellcasting could be done in either form, though. Some people who've seen Alpha footage in action contend that that's exactly how it currently works, too.
    Hopefully they expand this, they could have them just "float" for those spells, or if they are willing to add something else (with would require extra work), add spectral wings to the visage form for flight and stuff when certain abilities are used (like the wings given by the "Fang of the Father" legendary daggers).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I hope it doesn't... I mean I can understand the immersion argument in this case but I really don't want another beast form that can't be mogged and personally looks unappealing to me.
    Sadly, in this case, at the moment is not play the new class till its open to other races, hopefully they find a middle ground for this.

  16. #116
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,166
    It feels like insult to injury that they keep showing us dragons with visage forms of other races that we've seen as visage forms.

    Senegos as a troll, that Majordomo as a Vulpera...

  17. #117
    Being able to stay in visage form defeats the purpose of making Evoker specially tailored to the Dracthyr.

  18. #118
    @Sammonoske That doesn’t quite make sense. I mean I see where you are coming from, but When you consider that Visage form is not simply a disguise, but part of a race of its own and part of the dual identity of the Dracthyr who are both dragon and humanoid.

    This is not just a disguise, but their actual from.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Dracthyr can later opt to take the form of any race. But Visage form would remain unique to the race. And if the Evoker class became available to other races, they would have identical customisations to visage form or should. Similar o how DHs and DKs have unique customisations - but that would depend on the purpose.


    Anyway. Combat in visage form doesn’t defeat the purpose but is part of it.

    Dragon form or visage form would be your choice. Only exception are abilities that require the dragon form for the Evoker class. But those should allow you to auto shift back after their cast /animation is complete similar to DH eye beam, if you have set it as your preferred form.

    If Dracthyr can become other classes later on, there would be no such auto shifts and you can gift at will in either.

    This would be different from disguising as another race, which would only be out of combat.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-31 at 07:33 PM.

  19. #119
    Blademaster OneSoulLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Honestly, the discussion of Dracthyr being able to do at least some of their fighting in Visage form has me wishing for something similar for Worgen - we already have several examples in WoW, in both cutscenes and in the actual game, of worgen who do much of their fighting and interaction in their human form, and only shift in the most dire circumstances. Sure, some abilities like Darkflight and Running Wild should remain worgen form only, but for regular sword fighting or spell slinging I'd rather have options.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    It feels like insult to injury that they keep showing us dragons with visage forms of other races that we've seen as visage forms.

    Senegos as a troll, that Majordomo as a Vulpera...
    Remember that Dracthyr aren't Dragons, and the Dracthyr visage form are still Dracthyr, they aren't specifically human or specifically high/blood elf, even though their are physical similarities (otherwise they'd be able to just plain use the human/blood elf model with some DH-like attachments). Is that what you'd like? Perhaps not, but that's what we get, and playing as full-blooded dragons would probably have pushed the power balance even more out of whack.

  20. #120
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSoulLegion View Post
    Honestly, the discussion of Dracthyr being able to do at least some of their fighting in Visage form has me wishing for something similar for Worgen - we already have several examples in WoW, in both cutscenes and in the actual game, of worgen who do much of their fighting and interaction in their human form, and only shift in the most dire circumstances. Sure, some abilities like Darkflight and Running Wild should remain worgen form only, but for regular sword fighting or spell slinging I'd rather have options.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Remember that Dracthyr aren't Dragons, and the Dracthyr visage form are still Dracthyr, they aren't specifically human or specifically high/blood elf, even though their are physical similarities (otherwise they'd be able to just plain use the human/blood elf model with some DH-like attachments). Is that what you'd like? Perhaps not, but that's what we get, and playing as full-blooded dragons would probably have pushed the power balance even more out of whack.
    I would just like either:
    - a unique visage model (not belf male and human female with horns)
    - every available race with horns/scales

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •