Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    For people like me where a beast form model has issues and I cant see all armor having a humanoid form I is even more important, but then restricting it to out of combat use only when it is unique enough feels like an un necessary limitation that will one

1. Put off players who don't do monster races (which are a fair few and also unnecessary since you have a human form)
    2. Further needlessly limit such a key featured race that already has some major restrictions, like being only open to one class.

Can someone please explain why blizzard has initially chosen that visage form cannot be used in combat, and rather than allowing it with having dragon breath abilities auto shift you to your dragon form for the ability's duration?

Evoker gameplay has dragon abilities that if they force a temporary transformation to Dragon form, will ensure enough of a dragon feel to your character even if playing combat in visage form. And to me seems a good compromise that can open this up and even excite quite a few more people.

So why needlessly impose another restriction that will further reduce the appeal of your main feature of your new expansion has to others?

I dont have much interest in thr new race without this at the very least, and Ecoker dracthyr is half the attraction of the expansion . Those visage forms look really nice, but I am not feeling being forced into Dracthy form in combat, it is not enough to carry the new race class, and seems pointless to ,imit when it will appeal to me and others like me a lot more without such a limit
    I expect a glyph to be added for precisely this reason.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I expect a glyph to be added for precisely this reason.
    It's already how it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look at how creative you can be with the visage form - and you telling me it makes sense to only be able to use this at the start of combat?

I hope they allow you to return to visage form in combat after you finish the dragon ability that requires dragon form. It just seems wasteful and very underutilsised otherwise.
    Man i hope they never let dracthry stay in this form because as bad as their dragonish form is, it's not as bas as this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Man i hope they never let dracthry stay in this form because as bad as their dragonish form is, it's not as bas as this crap.
    Word.

/10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Look at how creative you can be with the visage form - and you telling me it makes sense to only be able to use this at the start of combat?

I hope they allow you to return to visage form in combat after you finish the dragon ability that requires dragon form. It just seems wasteful and very underutilsised otherwise.

why do females, sorry body 2, look like from Cats movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post

Sad reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

5+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. You can create blood elf if you want to fight as belf.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Absolutely not. The visage form must be destroyed, or at least rendered entirely irrelevant instead of being forced into upon mounting, or providing any mechanical benefit whatsoever, like that out of combat regen. Blech.

It's shameful on Blizzard's part that they don't have the guts to commit to the theme, and doubly so on you for encouraging them.
    While I realise you are being sarcastic, for those who think you are not - part of the theme of dragons in warcraft is a duality of form - there is dragon form and there is humanoid form they use a plenty and par tof of being amongst the player races necessitates that humanoid form as the main version.

There is no dragon theme for a draconic race without a humanoid form - that humaonid form is part of the theme and imo is scaly influenced enough for me.. now just to be able to use it at will in or out of combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    A) Yes. If it doesn't require the drake form, you can just stay as the visage form. (For example, spamming living flame. But if you use fire breath, then you become a dracthyr.)
    So which abilities require drake form? Can you list them? Also Can you spec both your healer or dps dealer such that you barely require drake form abilities? I don't like that you can't switch back to visage form after using a drake ability.

B) After combat, but only if you were in visage form at the start of combat. You stay as a drachtyr for the remainder of that combat (though could switch manually if you wanted), then when it ends switch back to visage form if you started the combat in visage form. If you were in dracthyr form, you stay in dracthyr form. If you're out of combat and use a drachtyr ability, you just stay as a drachyr until you use visage form.
    Someone else mentioned the button is greyed out for the rest of combat when an ability transforms you into your dragon form - he said you can't change back until after combat - but you say you can manually switch back after the ability while still in combat in addition to switch back to visage form automatically at the end of combat if you started in visage form.

Can you clarify.

C) Yeah, if you start combat in drachtyr form, you just stay drachtyr when it ends.

That said, at present it only seems to remember your form when it comes to combat. Mounting puts you in visage form, and it does NOT presently remember your state, so you'll be in visage form a decent bit out of combat just because of dragon riding (and mounting in general.)
    I'm fine aboutt hat.. it makes almost no sense to be able to mount in dragon form when you can just fly, but I am fine with the option being available for those who want the kink.. supposedly, if you are in dragon form, you'll just fly yourself, . .but visage form makes it possible for you to use all your various mounts without looking ab it sily to have wings yourself and sitting on a small tiny pig mount -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's fine if they do how worgens are and force you into visage form while in combat. It's not like you should be admiring your transmog while in combat anyhow lol. I think there's more important stuff to pay attention to while fighting :P
    Oh not being able to basically appreciate any gear you ever picup in the game or the gazaillion customisation options visage form has - ti is the most comprehensive race customisation in the game. Visage form itself has more customisation than any race, just by itself, add the dragon forma nd it's customisations, and you're essentially doubling that.

you should be able to use either form in or out of combat - but I 100% agree that certain abilities that require a dragon from should shift you into that essentially, however once the ability is finished done, you should be able to revert back to your visage form for the remainder of combat or until you use again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I kinda raised the same arguement with Worgen myself back in Cata. I mean on the one hand I get they're supposed to fight in their Worgen form but given they don't get any stat boosts while transformed, it makes no sense to not have fighting in their human form as an option.
    That was always the case too, but Worgen had an extra excuse, because the human form was exactly a human model, , so it was like being a human - meanwhile the visage model for dracthyr is entirely unique - like an allied race and as such it's visage form is never going to be confused again.

However since allied races became available and further customisations, I think worgen should be allowed out use their human form in combat and Kul'tirans have access to the human model if they wanted too, just like void elves can have high/blood elf like appearances now and this allows you to play as you want.. Who knows it might make Worgen and Kul'tiran more popular to have this capacity. Worgen unlike Dracthyr don't have an intrinsic ability that uses their worgen form, and even if they did (as a racial) it could always enforce your worgen form temporarily and revert you back after).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    https://i.imgflip.com/6n2d5y.jpg

Never apologise, it's female - and it's probably the dragon spike

While I realise you are being sarcastic, for those who think you are not - part of the theme of dragons in warcraft is a duality of form - there is dragon form and there is humanoid form they use a plenty and par tof of being amongst the player races necessitates that humanoid form as the main version.

There is no dragon theme for a draconic race without a humanoid form - that humaonid form is part of the theme and imo is scaly influenced enough for me.. now just to be able to use it at will in or out of combat.
    I am not in the least bit sarcastic. A pox upon all you elf fanatics. You ruin all that you can beg Blizzard into touching.

A humanoid form is useful for a dragon NPC which would otherwise be difficult to fit into tight spaces. For a PC, it belongs not at all and only serves to ruin the thematic. May all such notions rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This is EXACTLY why you have two forms. You can't stand visage form, others can't stand Dragon form - so if you were only forced into one of those forms in combat you lose the other half orf players who can't stand it.. which defeats the point of having two forms in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    No thanks. You can create blood elf if you want to fight as belf.
    While the model is based on the blood elf, it isn't clearly - i mean i didn't see you saying the same thing when both Nightborne and Zandalari troll - both based on the night elf male model btw were implemented

This is EXACTLY why you have two forms. You can't stand visage form, others can't stand Dragon form
    If you can't stand the dragon form, don't play the class. Don't you dare bring up these despicable notions of poisoning it even further with this visage nonsense. It must be destroyed.

I am not in the least bit sarcastic. A pox upon all you elf fanatics. You ruin all that you can beg Blizzard into touching.

A humanoid form is useful for a dragon NPC which would otherwise be difficult to fit into tight spaces. For a PC, it belongs not at all and only serves to ruin the thematic. May all such notions rot.
    Ddin't beg blizzard for anything - you do realise it is blizzard that designs this right - they designed both elf and dragon, they created teh dragon fantasy, they made the dragons shift into elf like beings and they tied teh origina of both elves and trolls to the dragons via elemental evolution.

I mean if you are having a dragon themed class it's going to be elf related - if you hate elves you have 4 human based races, 2 orc ones, 3 troll ones, 3 dwarf ones, 2 draenei ones, 2 gnome ones, 2 Tauren ones, a worgen, goblin, panda and undead forsaken unique model out there - you have far many more non-elf options.

But as a developer if 70% of your playerbase picks elven races - i mean it's clear they are liked right, you would probably use the template of the most popular or desired race model for most of your humanoids models

Ddin't beg blizzard for anything - you do realise it is blizzard that designs this right - they designed both elf and dragon, they created teh dragon fantasy, they made the dragons shift into elf like beings and they tied teh origina of both elves and trolls to the dragons via elemental evolution.
    Yes, Blizzard make mistakes. This one must be corrected.

I mean if you are having a dragon themed class it's going to be elf related
    lolno

Maybe like demon hunter? you transform into dracthyr briefly for some spells
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-07-18 at 12:07 AM.

If you can't stand the dragon form, don't play the class. Don't you dare bring up these despicable notions of poisoning it even further with this visage nonsense. It must be destroyed.
    Can't play the class without the race - if you impose that restriction, yet give two forms, you have no other outlet, which is why the class must allow both.

You hate the visage form - you don't have to use it, yet you want people who prefer it to be content without having to use it...

Your attitude reminds me of the people who see beggars or homeless on the street, and want them cleared off because you just don't like the sight of them, they don't affect you, it's not you - but you don't like their look

Just like those who don't like "ugly" people and don't want to see them or races they don't like and want them all packed off "back to their country" because you don't like the look of them, and they're too many, even though you have and look exactly the way you want.

I mean if you are having a dragon themed class it's going to be elf related - if you hate elves you have 4 human based races, 2 orc ones, 3 troll ones, 3 dwarf ones, 2 draenei ones, 2 gnome ones, 2 Tauren ones, a worgen, goblin, panda and undead forsaken unique model out there - you have far many more non-elf options.

But as a developer if 70% of your playerbase picks elven races - i mean it's clear they are liked right, you would probably use the template of the most popular or desired race model for most of your humanoids models
    The visage form should have been any race unaltered, so anyone can play the evoker class as any race the end. These lizards are shapesifters, but apparently they just suck for the sake of sucking at blending in.

The resources for customization went into the entirely wrong section of the race. All these little customization should be on the dragon form, especially since blizz couldn't be bothered to make gear for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe like demonh hunter? you transform briefly for some spells
    Exactly, this is what I was hoping.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Blizzard make mistakes. This one must be corrected.

lolno
    A rather massive mistake to make - given teh detail of work and the concept of dragons in warcraft which is why they have two forms right?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is EXACTLY why you have two forms. You can't stand visage form, others can't stand Dragon form - so if you were only forced into one of those forms in combat you lose the other half orf players who can't stand it.. which defeats the point of having two forms in the first place.
    Sounds good to me. Less dragonish things running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The visage form should have been any race unaltered, so anyone can play the evoker class as any race the end. These lizards are shapesifters, but apparently they just suck for the sake of sucking at blending in.

It can still be any race down the line, but you kinda understand that the visage form isn't an elf right - it just uses the Belf male skeleton for males, and the human female skeleton for females, but the customisations are all unique like pretty much every allied race.. which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The resources for customization went into the entirely wrong section of the race. All these little customization should be on the dragon form, especially since blizz couldn't be bothered to make gear for them.
    I like the depth of customisation in visage, but am baffled that with this much detail, why the use of the form is so restricted in combat?

Now the draconic form does have customisations, an shit load too, so I'm not sure what you mean about the depth, it far out strips any monster race so far, and we know in general there normally isn't much variation you get for monster races - we aren't use to them lizard people or cow people etc, so it's natural that a humaonid version will have more customisable options, let's be practical. and yet this dragon form has tons of stuff so I don't see your point Still they could have had more, true, yet, part of the reason a visage form is necessary is the limitation and niche market of the monster race and you could make the argument they could always have more. Where do you draw the line, and how much is sensible - how do you determine that?

Anyone with the data can see that monster races aren't that popular by themselves. Sure they are hugely loved by those who lvoe them, but those who love them are a minority crowd. So great to have, but not as the only option.

your race has a much broader appeal if it's a monster that has dual form it will do, and the more attractive you make either the more you appeal to lovers of both - the question is not the appeal of either form here, but the lack of using one in combat at will.

Saying that I have commented more on the draconic form, and it's "buffness", it could have been more imposing or at least had a more imposing option. As it stands, I am far more attracted to using the visage form all the time. but even if I really liked the end result Dragon form by the time release comes and they fixed all my issues with it, I would still actually very much love to decide which form I'd like to fight in whenever I want, it makes the race even more appealing.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-18 at 12:03 AM.

It can still be any race down the line, but you kinda understand that the visage form isn't an elf right - it just uses the Belf male skeleton for males, and the human female skeleton for females, but the customisations are all unique like pretty much every allied race.. which makes sense.
    If the other races will look just as ridiculous I hope it never spreads any further..... shape shifters hah. These customization's should have never existed

I like the depth of customisation, but am baffled that with this much detail, why the use of the form is so restricted in combat?
    Nice that you like it, I don't and no matter what anyone says about the matter will change my stance on it, since the whole ordeal is already too late and blizz finished this debacle and all that is left for me to do is to mock their choice, since is what I do when I am bored out of my mind.

I for one won't touch any of these things with a ten foot pole at the end of day, simply because I just don't like anything about them.

Dragon form looks like a scrawny lizard from D&D with wings taped on and the whole visage things looks just as if someone with psoriasis ran head first in a bucket of paint and glued some horns on.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-07-18 at 12:16 AM.