Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    idk why but recently blizz art team is making some weird decisions on head/upper body proportions
    Furries, they hired furries...

Furries is so niche, for such a small tiny minority, there seems to be no over-sight at Blizz, someone with common sense saying "nope, we shouldn't that, won't appeal to most players!" instead the tumblr-deviantart artists run the shop...

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Or just pay attention to journalism

https://www.well-played.com.au/arcli...t-mobile-game/

Also, "I'd be curious to see" means "must be fact"
    You mean that in today's late stage capitalist hellscape that this groudbreaking journalist has figured out that large multinational corporations are seeking out merchandising as yet another arm of their already hulking for-profit motivation? Say it isn't so!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Furries, they hired furries...

Furries is so niche, for such a small tiny minority, there seems to be no over-sight at Blizz, someone with common sense saying "nope, we shouldn't that, won't appeal to most players!" instead the tumblr-deviantart artists run the shop...
    Not a fan of furries myself but what the actual fuck does being a furry have to do with the quality of the work a person puts into a project? I mean, you seriously can't be that surprised that there's a crossover demographic of people who own fursuits and the single largest online MMORPG of all time, are you? Like, have you ever been to Goldshire?

There is a very good chance that they're becoming playable at some point. It would make sense for them to increase the fidelity and use modern rigging.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    -snip-
    Why is s/he holding a fur-toaster with fur-bread?

I need to know!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There is a very good chance that they're becoming playable at some point. It would make sense for them to increase the fidelity and use modern rigging.
    Really wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case given that they gave them a ton of all new animations and facial expressions and even things like shaman totems.

Only thing they really need is to be able to use player gear and a female mode, through they could keep the same model and just them a few customizations and say they work like actual hyenas.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Really wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case given that they gave them a ton of all new animations and facial expressions and even things like shaman totems.

Only thing they really need is to be able to use player gear and a female mode, through they could keep the same model and just them a few customizations and say they work like actual hyenas.
    Yeah they could just easily add a few body types in with femenine options, they don't need to do anything special beyond that and it would work. In real life hyena hiarchi is reversed so the females are in charge and they're actually a lot bigger than the males so they could go that route lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yeah they could just easily add a few body types in with femenine options, they don't need to do anything special beyond that and it would work. In real life hyena hiarchi is reversed so the females are in charge and they're actually a lot bigger than the males so they could go that route lol.
    Making the female options slightly bulkier then the males would be a neat touch for sure.

Though if they really wanted to get some panties in a twist they could also make hogger female and say she was bigger then the other Gnolls because she was the matriarch of there pack. No real reason to do that but the back lash would be entertaining.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why is s/he holding a fur-toaster with fur-bread?

I need to know!
    Ugh...no idea...this stuff is nightmare material..

I'd rather hunt and eat Bambi raw than hurting Hogger.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    messed with it for 5 mins in photoshop
    must say it was pretty fun

Eh, that one's not particularly better. Just giving it some blood on the muzzle and making the head bigger doesn't really do much to resolve the problem—it just looks edgier, but doesn't fix the underlying design issues (i.e. the softness of the fur, the minimization of the hunch, the neotenous eyes)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Not a fan of furries myself but what the actual fuck does being a furry have to do with the quality of the work a person puts into a project? I mean, you seriously can't be that surprised that there's a crossover demographic of people who own fursuits and the single largest online MMORPG of all time, are you? Like, have you ever been to Goldshire?
    Well, in this case the primary complaint is that it's impacting the art direction—even if you don't dislike furries, you can't deny the awkward, neotenous and rather soft designs are pretty reminiscent of the style.

You mean that in today's late stage capitalist hellscape that this groudbreaking journalist has figured out that large multinational corporations are seeking out merchandising as yet another arm of their already hulking for-profit motivation? Say it isn't so!

- - - Updated - - -

it goes much deeper than that...read between the lines with everything else that's happening in the game and the world....connect the dots...it's not hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

I found this. Much, much better than I could do and fixes all the problems perfectly.
    Phenomenal. Nailed the face and body, just fix the armor model and it's 100% improvement

Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    it goes much deeper than that...read between the lines with everything else that's happening in the game and the world....connect the dots...it's not hard

- - - Updated - - -

Phenomenal. Nailed the face and body, just fix the armor model and it's 100% improvement
    This is positively nonsensical. What you've linked to is a hugely politicized conspiracy theory with no evident basis in reality. I'm honestly doubtful that's even from the angle they say they are, actually, so much as an apolitical troll given that the behavior of the poster strikes me as very unrealistic and hugely caricatured.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-22 at 06:05 PM.

This is positively nonsensical. What you've linked to is a hugely politicized conspiracy theory with no evident basis in reality. I'm honestly doubtful that's even from the angle they say they are, actually, so much as an apolitical troll given that the behavior of the poster strikes me as very unrealistic and hugely caricatured.
    Have you read some of the tweets that the new wow writers and developer put up?

Anti men, pro killing trump and shit like that?

Have you read some of the tweets that the new wow writers and developer put up?

Anti men, pro killing trump and shit like that?
    Post a link to some of them, and they'll have to be from either influential writers and developers or an influential majority given the implications of that post.

Post a link to some of them, and they'll have to be from either influential writers and developers or an influential majority given the implications of that post.
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...i-male-tweets/

I don't keep a repository of all of them, but here's just one glaring example.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...i-male-tweets/

I don't keep a repository of all of them, but here's just one glaring example.
    This is a fair example, though I would also say that she's not exactly someone who's running things given that she's a novelist. How influential would she actually be able to influence Blizzard's decision-making, for instance, if she's just a novelist on their payroll? I'm going to need a larger body of references to take your claim as true, and even then that doesn't mean there's some kind of insidious conspiracy to turn Blizzard into some kind of ultraprogressive omegawoke company through coercive means.

Eh, that one's not particularly better. Just giving it some blood on the muzzle and making the head bigger doesn't really do much to resolve the problem—it just looks edgier, but doesn't fix the underlying design issues (i.e. the softness of the fur, the minimization of the hunch, the neotenous eyes)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in this case the primary complaint is that it's impacting the art direction—even if you don't dislike furries, you can't deny the awkward, neotenous and rather soft designs are pretty reminiscent of the style.
    1.) I do not like furries and 2.) This is straight up conspiratorial thinking. You're drawing connections where none exist. And most importantly, 3.) Even if the connection did exist, who the fuck cares? Oh no. A furry designed an anthropomorphic character in a MMO, better get Ben Shapiro on the line so he can remind everybody how degenerate "these people" are.

This is a fair example, though I would also say that she's not exactly someone who's running things given that she's a novelist. How influential would she actually be able to influence Blizzard's decision-making, for instance, if she's just a novelist on their payroll? I'm going to need a larger body of references to take your claim as true, and even then that doesn't mean there's some kind of insidious conspiracy to turn Blizzard into some kind of ultraprogressive omegawoke company through coercive means.
    Covering women's breasts in paintings with images of fruit, removing male/female sexes, turning white NPCs into black NPCs, pushing a thinly veiled narrative that pelagos is trans are just some more examples that come to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

1.) I do not like furries and 2.) This is straight up conspiratorial thinking. You're drawing connections where none exist. And most importantly, 3.) Even if the connection did exist, who the fuck cares? Oh no. A furry designed an anthropomorphic character in a MMO, better get Ben Shapiro on the line so he can remind everybody how degenerate "these people" are.
    It's not about being anthropomorphic, Gnolls have been anthropomorphic since the start, alongside many other creatures.

It's about going in the deep end and changing the Warcraft feel into something that's "cute" and "approachable" and disney-like.

7+ Year Old Account
    She would have no influence at all she’s was an outside contractors not even working at blizzard proper.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah dude. Hogger's new fucking model isn't proof of 4chan's latest unsourced conspiracy theory. This culture war bullshit really needs to die.