Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Granted, but that's not a reason to change the silhouette so drastically. We could have a high poly model of this weird creature just fine.
    It's miles better. The only gripe people have with it is the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I'll take the cardboard cut out over the stuffed kids toy anyway. At least cardboard is threatening enough to cause a paper cut :P

But as much as I like the gnoll model it isn't a good Hogger model, maybe as one of the more lowbie grunts in game. Hell, the caster gnolls look amazing and more intimidating. :P
    That thing looks like something pulled out of a windows 95 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You guys are legit whining over every little changes in the game. No wonder the game is declining harder then any other game jesus fuck.
    The model doesnt even look bad at all...
    Sure, the model looks good. But does it look like Hogger?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    It's likely just the wrong model put on by a mass swap there are already Gnoll's that have the right look to match current hogger.

also to the thread in general, looking around at beta stuff and the Gnoll's have actual expression now instead of them permanent Snarl of the classic model.

https://twitter.com/valarynn/status/1547931510996553733
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You guys are legit whining over every little changes in the game. No wonder the game is declining harder then any other game jesus fuck.
    The model doesnt even look bad at all...
    If they become this angry at change in a video game it isn't hard to guess how they deal with change in the real world too. Like oof talk about putting yourself on blast like that, it's like they themselves forgot that there is a person behind their own keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It's likely just the wrong model put on by a mass swap there are already Gnoll's that have the right look to match current hogger.

also to the thread in general, looking around at beta stuff and the Gnoll's have actual expression now instead of them permanent Snarl of the classic model.
    \

This thread knee jerked so hard its legs flew out the window lmaooooo. yall ok? Do I need to call 9/11
    You just lost The Game

These do look good...
    But why the human eyes on everything?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    These do look good...
    But why the human eyes on everything?
    On Dragon Island - Secrets Unveils, they actually crossbreed between Humans x Worgens, to justify furry habits. /s

sorry if its spoils a story.

FREE TICKET INTO ALLIANCE!
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-17 at 02:06 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Pretty much gnoll’s have always had silly looking models and it’s only the low quaility of classic era models that make people imagine they were ever dark in any way.
    I'm pretty sure their association with DnD Gnolls AND THEM PATCHING THEIR TENTS WITH LITERAL STICHED HUMAN FACES is what attributed to the dark, fearful nature of WoW Gnoll's.

Edited to add image for reference - https://i.redd.it/i68qn13254f31.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    I'm pretty sure their association with DnD Gnolls AND THEM PATCHING THEIR TENTS WITH LITERAL STICHED HUMAN FACES is what attributed to the dark, fearful nature of WoW Gnoll's.

Edited to add image for reference - https://i.redd.it/i68qn13254f31.jpg
    I mean sure Gnoll's have some darker stuff hidden around them but there model it self was never dark they were always silly looking hyena people.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hogger looked like a generic gnoll but was given a name. That's all that made Hogger stand out, full stop.

The meme of people getting rocked by Hogger made him popular, which ultimately allowed him to become a character in HoTS, but that character has absolutely nothing in common with 'Generic NPC w/ Name' and considering they did nothing to make Hogger in WoW look like Hogger in HoTS, prior to this graphical update, the fact people are so up at arms about this when the named NPC was *Never* uniquely modeled, is absolutely fucking mindboggling.

Like, do people wake up and and decide not to use a lick of common sense or logic when making these arguments?

(Rhetorical question, of course not.)
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

I can sort of understand the hate. Even if Hogger was nothing but a generic model, he was iconic for many players, and became a cherished, nostalgic memory. Even if the remodel was widely-praised as a success, people would still be heartbroken over the loss of the old, clunky model.

Honestly, I would have died if they kept Hogger in his current low-poly state, but converted the rest of the Gnoll's to use the new models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Look how they massacred my boy!

Seriously, I usually love when they update models. The WoD/Legion demons, the updated kodo mounts, the new nightsabers..... what were they thinking turning the gnolls into fucking Disney puppies???

This guy eat bones, man, not Scooby Snacks!
    Who the heck kills Hogger at this point in the game's lifespan? He was worth killing from vanilla thru Wrath when he was actually a challenge and players in Northshire zone would spam 1) General for Hogger raids.

I agree, he should look like this.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To quote the late TotalBiscuit..
    "Beta is beta."

Relax. It's the first Alpha build. And Hogger is a unique and iconic character that's featured in a lot of properties. I'm pretty sure Hogger will get a unique model before launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Look how they massacred my boy!

Seriously, I usually love when they update models. The WoD/Legion demons, the updated kodo mounts, the new nightsabers..... what were they thinking turning the gnolls into fucking Disney puppies???

This guy eat bones, man, not Scooby Snacks!
    Yeah man, WoW used to be Samwise Metzen Metal. They're going for "cute" over "badass" lately and it's really hard to relate to.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-07-17 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Hogger looked like a generic gnoll but was given a name. That's all that made Hogger stand out, full stop.

The meme of people getting rocked by Hogger made him popular, which ultimately allowed him to become a character in HoTS, but that character has absolutely nothing in common with 'Generic NPC w/ Name' and considering they did nothing to make Hogger in WoW look like Hogger in HoTS, prior to this graphical update, the fact people are so up at arms about this when the named NPC was *Never* uniquely modeled, is absolutely fucking mindboggling.

Like, do people wake up and and decide not to use a lick of common sense or logic when making these arguments?

(Rhetorical question, of course not.)
    Yes, it was a generic model. But how does it invalidate my question? And why didn't you just answer it

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was a generic model. But how does it invalidate my question? And why didn't you just answer it
    It very clearly answered your question, whether or not you want to believe it and instead finagle your way through whatever mental gymnastics needed to keep being upset about stupid shit is on you.

Hogger looks like any and every other generic melee-fighter gnoll. He looked like that prior to the graphic overhaul and he looks like it now. Whether or not the art team makes something that's more 'unique' beyond that point (since it's still alpha and everything is subject to change) doesn't matter.

Your question was answered. You just dont like the answer given to you since you're clearly wanting an echo chamber with your response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Model in it self is ok but the face wtf xd

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    It very clearly answered your question, whether or not you want to believe it and instead finagle your way through whatever mental gymnastics needed to keep being upset about stupid shit is on you.

Hogger looks like any and every other generic melee-fighter gnoll. He looked like that prior to the graphic overhaul and he looks like it now. Whether or not the art team makes something that's more 'unique' beyond that point (since it's still alpha and everything is subject to change) doesn't matter.

Your question was answered. You just dont like the answer given to you since you're clearly wanting an echo chamber with your response.
    Nah, I wanted a clear yes/no answer, without someone going through mental gymnastics to avoid giving a clear answer. Meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I wanted a clear yes/no answer, without someone going through mental gymnastics to avoid giving a clear answer. Meh.
    lolwhat.

Homie, I don't have two shits to give about whether Hogger looks like several pieces of cardboard glued together or if he's an anthropomorphized Disney Hyena taken from the Lion King series. I'm not looking for validation on an 'opinion', since I'm not giving you an opinion.

I'm giving you facts.

Fact: Hogger, prior to the graphic update, looked like any other Gnoll. There for Hogger does not have a 'look'. Compared to the surrounding non-named gnolls, he was only a little larger. So, as a result, Hogger, after the graphic update, looks like any other Gnoll that surrounds him.

Fact: Hogger did not become a meme/popular until Blizzard let it be known that the npc had the highest lowbie kill count due to how hard he hit and fast respawn rates of the mobs around him. It is this increase of popularity that caused Blizzard to create the HoTS version of Hogger, which has a skin and abilities not associated, at all, with the original WoW version of Hogger. Why is this? Because WoW Hogger was a generic, bland-looking Gnoll with a name and slightly higher base stats.

So, whether this new, graphically updated Hogger looks like Hogger? Sure. Because it's just a name and there's nothing else inherently special about Hogger except for whatever Player-Driven Headcanon has been attributed to him.

I, as a player, give no shits about what Hogger looks like; I enjoy the new art direction and the emotion/psychosis that could clearly be seen in some of the animations. They could call him Fippy Darkpaw for all it matters though.

But you do you, boo.