Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    This is like the modern version of Punk and it's dead.

    I was watching this poker tournament and there's one woman in the field. They interview every player for like a personal portrait and when it's her turn she starts talking about how it's like to be a woman. So cute.


    "Hey do you enjoy eating ice cream?" "Yes, as a man I enjoy eating ice cream, and I think it doesn't make a difference that I'm a man when I enjoy eating ice cream just like everyone else."
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-07-15 at 02:50 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    This is like the modern version of Punk and it's dead.
    I dunno man. Every time I heard about Punk, I always hear "PUNKS NOT DEAD".
    Blizzard to shaman: My nerf bat, let me show you!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games
    Good thing I don't care about that then, huh?
    I mean, you're the one who whinged about being called a conservative after making a conservative argument. If you "didn't care", I assume you wouldn't have responded.

  4. #44
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I mean, you're the one who whinged about being called a conservative after making a conservative argument. If you "didn't care", I assume you wouldn't have responded.
    "you are x"
    "nah"
    "LMAO!!!11 SEE YOU DO CARE"

    ?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Because it turns into an excuse for weirdo bigots to post things like "It sucks that the entire industry is being taken over by woke idealogues but ill still continue to try to push them out"

    In other words "Because you disagree with my stance on an issue, you are a bigot."


    Seems pretty toxic to me. Maybe you are the problem.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It fails to account for a significant portion of the population, and thus fails as a classification system?
    It accounts for every single human being except for the vanishingly small percentage that are born physically intersex. I would suggest looking into the concept of "the exception proving the rule".

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Gender vs. sex.
    An artificial distinction that was created less than a hundred years ago. Gender is sex, gender roles are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    As long as it is a group you approve of, of course.
    I mean... yes? Isn't that how this works? In order for a group of people to be celebrated and accommodated, we have to approve of them. People who collect stamps? Sure! Murderers? No!

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transg...0trans%20women.

    People who don't fit gender stereotypes have existed for as long as gender stereotypes have existed. It is a reality that many more than recorded likely existed, in proportion to the likelyhood that acting in such a fashion was likely to lead to an untimely death at worst, or significantly more difficult life at best.

    It isn't something that is just appearing out of nowhere as a fad; it is a thing that has always existed, and becomes more mainstream as it becomes more accepted.
    Ancient people who didn't fit gender stereotypes rarely fit into our modern concept of "transgender", and even those who did represent a significantly smaller portion of the population than we see transitioning now. It's very clearly ramped up in recent years, and the only way I can describe that is as a fad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    And, as a final point, even if what you say was true (which, again, it isn't), what benefit is there to you, or to society, to maintain gender stereotypes as they used to exist? The only context in which there is any problem at all is one based almost entirely in religion, as a means of control. Why does it matter to you personally if someone else defines themselves in a way that doesn't fit your model? Why does it make them "stupid" and in need of "calling out" as the OP described it? Why would the default NOT be to simply live and let live in cases where nobody is causing harm to anyone else?
    Social cohesion is important. Being able to use language to truthfully describe what your eyes can plainly see is important. We can't organize a country, let alone a global civilization, based on walking on eggshells to avoid a group of people so delicate that the wrong word will cause them to collapse.

  7. #47
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Why not let people have a laugh?
    Hopefully this shitshow of a thread answers your question.



  8. #48
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If you think that learning and growing and changing your mind makes you unprincipled, that certainly explains the incoherency of the arguments you are making right now.
    What do I need to grow and change to when I have always been fine with gay and trans people? Like, what more is there for me?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    In other words "Because you disagree with my stance on an issue, you are a bigot."


    Seems pretty toxic to me. Maybe you are the problem.
    Yeah, if my stance is not bigoted and your stance is bigoted, you are bigoted. THat's how it works. My stance is also that I opposed laws that criminalize homosexuality. If someone disagrees with that, they are a bigot, because that's what bigot means.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by tehBob View Post
    I dunno man. Every time I heard about Punk, I always hear "PUNKS NOT DEAD".
    As a man I'll have to say EMOS NOT DEAD.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What do I need to grow and change to when I have always been fine with gay and trans people? Like, what more is there for me?
    Because you aren't "fine" with it if you endorse mockery and criticize inclusivity.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    "you are x"
    "nah"
    "LMAO!!!11 SEE YOU DO CARE"

    ?
    Yes? I mean, besides the melodramatic reenactment. Let me have a go.

    "You are x"
    "OMGNOOOOONEONEONE HEY DIKWAD I IZ LEFT OF CENTA !!EVEN DOE I SAIDZ DAT"
    "yeah.. nah"
    "OMGLOL ASIF I CARE"

  13. #53
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Gender is sex
    Sure, if you ignore the established scientific consesus on the topic and every multi gender culture that sprouted across this planet.



  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Heh, there's a joke in there, maybe you'll spot it.
    That the conservatives are big hypocrites who get offended every time someone presents vaguely 'woke' things after recent years of relentlessly peddling leftist liberals as snowflakes? Say it ain't so!

    Maybe you'll spot it! And if you think for a few seconds more, you can also see how the 'SJW snowflakes' differ from conservative snowflakes! I'll let you have a guess xoxo

  15. #55
    And this topic is exactly why people on mmo champ should not have an opinion on this. If such a simple irrelevant change triggers you this hard, your opinion is pretty much invalid.

  16. #56
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Because you aren't "fine" with it if you endorse mockery and criticize inclusivity.
    I am though. There's a difference between I am gay/trans and I just want to live my life and make good games and I am gay/trans and I will put my politics in this game and you will conform to my beliefs and you will be ostracized from society if you don't agree and the games i make are garbage and if you don't like them you're a bad person.

    You guys trying to gaslight us about the latter not existing is why you get pushback

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    It accounts for every single human being except for the vanishingly small percentage that are born physically intersex. I would suggest looking into the concept of "the exception proving the rule".
    Nobody disagrees that the vast majority of people are either male or female according to the basic scientific definitions. The question here is how we socially handle people who do not feel that the social norms of their biological sex line up with who they want to be.

    An artificial distinction that was created less than a hundred years ago. Gender is sex, gender roles are not.
    All definitions are artificial. Language is necessarily artificial. What a weird argument.

    Ancient people who didn't fit gender stereotypes rarely fit into our modern concept of "transgender", and even those who did represent a significantly smaller portion of the population than we see transitioning now. It's very clearly ramped up in recent years, and the only way I can describe that is as a fad.
    Yeah, they said the same thing about gay people decades ago.

    Social cohesion is important. Being able to use language to truthfully describe what your eyes can plainly see is important. We can't organize a country, let alone a global civilization, based on walking on eggshells to avoid a group of people so delicate that the wrong word will cause them to collapse.
    In literally the same paragraph you argue that these words will DESTROY SOCIETY and also that other people are too sensitive.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  18. #58
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Yes? I mean, besides the melodramatic reenactment. Let me have a go.

    "You are x"
    "OMGNOOOOONEONEONE HEY DIKWAD I IZ LEFT OF CENTA !!EVEN DOE I SAIDZ DAT"
    "yeah.. nah"
    "OMGLOL ASIF I CARE"
    Nah. Still not a conservative. cope

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I am though. There's a difference between I am gay/trans and I just want to live my life and make good games and I am gay/trans and I will put my politics in this game and you will conform to my beliefs and you will be ostracized from society if you don't agree and the games i make are garbage and if you don't like them you're a bad person.

    You guys trying to gaslight us about the latter not existing is why you get pushback
    I have no idea what you are rambling about. This is like Twitter learned how to post and is arguing with me.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Nobody disagrees that the vast majority of people are either male or female according to the basic scientific definitions. The question here is how we socially handle people who do not feel that the social norms of their biological sex line up with who they want to be.
    We do not "handle" them, as you put it, by completely scrubbing all distinction between the two sexes from our society. People who don't line up with the gender roles society places on them do not somehow fall outside their biological category. There's nothing wrong with being a feminine man or a masculine woman.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    All definitions are artificial. Language is necessarily artificial. What a weird argument.
    Definitions are artificial, distinctions are not. "Gender" is just another way of saying sex. Are we talking about gender (your sex) or gender roles (expectations brought on by your sex)? That is an actual distinction.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yeah, they said the same thing about gay people decades ago.
    And your argument is that they were wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    In literally the same paragraph you argue that these words will DESTROY SOCIETY and also that other people are too sensitive.
    What words? I'm talking about concepts here. Obviously no words will destroy society, but completely de-sexing humanity very well could.
    Last edited by Taen; 2022-07-15 at 03:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •