Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yes, your point?
    So far the only other spell that has been renamed in the Classic beta was changed for that exact reason, thanks for establishing what i already said.

    Well, because another Retail patch isn't due until DF pre patch and they're not going to hotfix this.
    That's why you also don't have any of that social contract business in Classic right now but on the Wotlk Beta, that only comes in once they patch the client.

    And if you're that big on thinking, then feel free to elaborate why a debuff in content that's not even relevant to Classic Wotlk was re named.
    Especially, *just* in Classic Wotlk.
    I think you just flail at trying for some random contrived gotcha I'm struggling to care about. They've renamed things before, who knows? I'm not employed by Blizzard. Also, my point still stands - they have changed the racial name already, so in the same breath (and patch) they could've changed the word Hysteria, but... didn't? Wow!

    Can we get back to the topic?

  2. #122
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,409
    I don’t care so long as this means Body Type 3 gives us skinny Kul Tirans.

  3. #123
    Imagine still talking about genders in 2022, how transphobic. We only talk about "body types" now.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I have no idea what you are rambling about. This is like Twitter learned how to post and is arguing with me.
    The irony in this coming from a guy that seriously goes "youre a conservative!!!!!"

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    The irony in this coming from a guy that seriously goes "youre a conservative!!!!!"
    Yes, if someone expresses conservative stances, they are conservative. This isn't that complicated.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #126
    People are really getting upset about this huh. The change doesn't impact me, great for people who wanted it. More customization options are always welcome in my book.

    Hell, maybe I'll make a bearded, man-looking dwarf-woman as Tolkien envisioned them.

  7. #127
    What is the reasoning behind removing those terms? It's not as if the players don't belong to one or the other group, so any arguments about inclusivity don't apply.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I think you just flail at trying for some random contrived gotcha I'm struggling to care about. They've renamed things before, who knows?
    So you're just trying to act obtuse, because it's completely normal to just randomnly change the name of debuff no one really cares about, which just happens to contain a word one may construe as misogynistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    they have changed the racial name already, so in the same breath (and patch) they could've changed the word Hysteria, but... didn't? Wow!
    Because by that logic, basically every word they may find offensive should've been removed~3 years ago, no they can't discover any, by their standards, problematic words in the meantime.

    I'll remind you again, they literally said they're open for feedback, that they're not done, as in "future changes will follow".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-07-15 at 04:24 PM.

  9. #129
    Oh for heavens sake. Do you guys not have other problems despite some stupid pronouns you will never see in a game you are perfectly allowed to play as whatever you want and are not forced to play as something you do not want to play?

    And body1 and body2 is such a big problem for you? Really? Good god....

    Everytime i read "pandering" and "woke" in a thread it is followed by mindless drivel from people who are afraid of other people they will never ever meet IRL.

    Get out into the real world. Speak with some of those apparantly "woke" people and stop getting your informations form 4chan, 9gag and youtube where you create your own little hate bubble and echochamber.

  10. #130
    Mechagnome George Lucas's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Tataouine, Tunesia
    Posts
    526
    Hahaha, this is so retarded.

    How about making a good game for a change, instead of funneling money into diversity hires and half-arsed pandering.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Get out into the real world. Speak with some of those apparantly "woke" people and stop getting your informations form 4chan, 9gag and youtube where you create your own little hate bubble and echochamber.
    This is good advice, I think the incels and the neets refer to this as "touching grass".

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So you're just trying to act obtuse, because it's completely normal to just randomnly change the name of debuff no one really cares about, which just happens to contain a word one may construe as misogynistic.

    Because by that logic, basically every word they may find offensive should've been removed~3 years ago, no they can't discover any, by their standards, problematic words in the meantime.

    I'll remind you again, they literally said they're open for feedback, that they're not done, as in "future changes will follow".
    What I'm saying is that there could be a plethora of changes done for whatever reasons they see fit right now. Don't weasel your way into a gotcha you understand little of. It's tiresome and a strawman.

    It's also tiresome because editing posts here or quoting is absolutely painful.

  13. #133

    Alliance

    There are a few "restricted topics" that should be lifted. Let people talk, and punish individuals for trolling etc. accordingly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Imagine getting upset over such a minor change.
    Imagine being upset enough to make the change.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

  14. #134
    what did blizzard do to spawn this thread? im looking up and down the front pages and dont see anything

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Imagine being upset enough to make the change.
    In the current real estate climate I'm surprised you let those non-binary friendos live so rent-free in your head.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    what did blizzard do to spawn this thread? im looking up and down the front pages and dont see anything
    They changed male and female body types to "body type 1" and "body type 2"

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    What I'm saying is that there could be a plethora of changes done for whatever reasons they see fit right now.
    And i'm pointing towards the fact that whenever Blizzard re named any spell, item or character in Classic, the reason was either the scandal or the name being (from their pov) problematic.
    That's why they re named Finkle.
    That's why they re named a bunch of items whose names were sexual innuendos. (which by the way, weren't also changed not at the same time as Every man for himself)
    That's why they changed every man for himself in Classic Wotlk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Don't weasel your way into a gotcha you understand little of. It's tiresome and a strawman.
    Where's the strawman?
    A strawman is presenting an argument nobody made and engaging it.

    I didn't raise any other arguments, i'm telling you that your logic of "if one change has the same reason as another one, then they must happen at the same time" is just bogus.
    Simply because Blizzard makes a certain change with reason X, doesn't mean that any future, similiar changes cannot have X as the reason.

  17. #137
    This thread is why we can't have nice things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •