Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
60
... LastLast
  1. #181
    - - - Updated - - -



    They wouldn't then give it a male voice and pronouns... they want to be in control of a female character. Not a drag queen.[/QUOTE]

    Speak for yourself I'd love to play a Tauren drag queen with a full face of makeup. Blizzard is too bigoted to allow me to live my drag cow dreams. I'd call Her Brisket johns and get her all dolled up like Trixie Mattel

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they did this it would likely be in text only otherwise they would have to record the VO's X amount of time for each variation they are offering which would cost them a lot more in money.
    Yeah that's what I mean, in quest texts.

  3. #183
    Herald of the Titans Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    2,543
    This change might actually bring me back to the game. What a great leap forward.

  4. #184
    Reminder that the person who coined the term gender and pretty much invented the concept of it as a social construct separate from biological sex was a scientist from the 60s named john money who was a pedophile that performed sick gender-related experiments on young children (that resulted in the eventual suicide of two twins)

  5. #185
    The chronically online outrage is delicious lol. If you are seriously bothered by any of this, I feel very sorry for you. This is such a minor change that is good for some people out there.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Serious question.
    Instead of body 1 or body 2 why can we not have Male, Female and Other, would that be acceptable?
    This would allow those of us that do identify with a gender are not left behind.
    And then they could have full body/voice modification on the 'neutral' body type.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    And then they could have full body/voice modification on the 'neutral' body type.
    The real answer is that the engine likely won't support full customization, especially because of how armor is done in the game. They are giving what little they can without having to completely redo the character creation system and armor system and somehow make it work on the ancient engine.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    P.S. science, facts & logic don't care about your bigoted feelings!
    Science, facts and logic isn't involved when people ignore the science, facts and logic of biology for gender dysphoria.

  9. #189
    I want them to go hard on this. add OTT Drag makeup options for both body types and altered posture for wearing heels.
    Not for ideological purposes, I just want to see Asmongold's Drag Race becoming a feature of his streams.

  10. #190
    I think it's a good idea, though I also thing it might work better if you pick the pronoun options first, then the body type, rather than body type then pronoun.

    Other than that, I wonder if your choice will factor into which of titles like Matron/Patron you get? There aren't that many times in game where your character is referred to specifically by gender so this would largely be a behind the scenes change and shouldn't intrude on anyone else.

  11. #191
    Damnit, this company is just not inclusive, what about those of us who identify as Body3?

  12. #192
    Parents should keep their childeren away from blizzard products with their wierdo agenda idea's its damaging everything and its sick.

  13. #193
    Incoming a plethora of "body type 1" she/her Kul Tirans. Clown society has made its way into WoW. Full steam ahead!

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I've seen enough of it, but I'm not going to spend money on a half-baked documentary lmao. If that's what constitutes as a good documentary for you, I'm sorry to say your standards are very low. (I'm not surprised, though.)

    The people he questioned are people who said what he wanted to hear. You never edit in people who actually manage to debate you successfully, as that'd be showing you in a bad light. Many of the 'real data' is also completely wrong, scientifically. Those who are 'for it' will always be shown as someone who's fumbling the questions. Because that's what good documentaries do, apparently!

    You are not immune to propaganda.

    (Also, who are you referring to with 'not wanting them to commit suicide'?)



    If you cared about facts you wouldn't call it a disability. You do not need to think for a minute to know why trans people have a high suicide rate, when alone in this year there's been tens of anti-trans legislations being pushed in the US, if not more. I'm not sure why you think this is some sort of gotcha. Men also commit suicide at a higher rate than women, but curiously this is not presented the same way by conservatives!
    So you admit that Steven Crowder is a better source of debate?

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    They wouldn't then give it a male voice and pronouns... they want to be in control of a female character. Not a drag queen.
    So your suggesting anyone who plays as such and talks on discord is a drag queen?

  16. #196
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    These changes allow the player to design the character's gender expression appropriately to what they want. If they want a masculine woman, now they can do that. What is wrong with that? Why should they be forced into a phony binary of very feminine women and very masculine men?
    Blizzard is not adding additional customization options to any of the previous races. The only thing taking place here is changing Male to Body type 1 and Female to body type 2, then they are adding a bunch of pronouns in the game. There won't be people making a body type 2 character with a more masculine build with a beard anytime soon.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think its getting more popular to be diverse and by extension be a victim though because I dont imagine being Trans is a smooth sailing life style.

    The % of people seems to be increasing which makes me think there are more placebo cases happening vs the more rarer genuine body dysmorphia cases.
    Maybe I can shed some extra light on this if you're cool with it? So, I said earlier in this thread that I'm FtM Trans and you're right. I don't want to get into any obnoxious details about it or anything but it's not very easy. But I am also happier too. The interesting thing about it though is that I didn't know I was trans when I was younger because I didn't know being trans existed lol. Like, I had no idea that was even an option! When I learned about it, it was like "Oh! Yeah! That makes a lot of sense." It's kind of like learning a new word. idk hope that makes some sense

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I assume you mean things like trans women in women's sports? Scientifically there are differences even after transition. For the record I wore my mask in public, I got my vaccine the FIRST day it was available for my age group, I got the booster shot the FIRST day I could, it was 2 weeks late because I couldn't get it because I was sick as a dog.
    Those aren't the only bills being passed lol. Things like access to even having healthcare and treatment they need. I even heard they're trying to go after trans adults by restricting access to such medications for even adults. I should not be surprised, some states in the US are also trying to restrict access to AIDS meds. Those laws just simply target transgender individuals in all aspects possible.

    Trans athletes are a pseudo-problem and have led to actual pedophilic laws passed that require YOUNG KIDS (imagine a 10 year old) to go through genital examination in order to actually play sports if someone gives an anonymous tip they might be trans. Hint: this affects cis kids too, if someone just doesn't like their competitor. The benefits of having gone through male puberty (which could be prevented by, you guessed it, trans healthcare in form of puberty blockers) and then transition are marginal and comparable to an athlete having other forms of advantages, like better coaches or access to equipment etcetera. No cis man is going to go through the ordeal of transitioning in order to compete with women for 'easy points', and this panic also hasn't really been reflected in the statistics of trans athletes winning all medals.

    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Reminder that the person who coined the term gender and pretty much invented the concept of it as a social construct separate from biological sex was a scientist from the 60s named john money who was a pedophile that performed sick gender-related experiments on young children (that resulted in the eventual suicide of two twins)
    So? Conservatives in the US are passing laws that enable them to exploit children because of the trans panic. New scientific studies have all continued to independently confirm that gender and sex are separate, and gender is more of a social construct.

    Whataboutism does not help your argument, otherwise if you like Lovecraftian horror and any derivatives of it boy do I have a story to tell you.

    So you admit that Steven Crowder is a better source of debate?
    What? The person who runs away from debates because he's too scared he's not going to have any argument?

    Also, you're correct, neither science or facts OR logic are involved when it comes to conservative arguments! That's their entire being - to be anti-science!
    Last edited by Illusions; 2022-07-16 at 02:33 AM.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    This is what puzzles me too. This is an RPG, a fantasy game. Why does it have to reflect issues in real life? To be clear, I have no problem with people identifying as whatever they choose in real life, and this change doesn't really bother me either, I just want to understand why a fantasy game all of a sudden needs to reflect reality (in this way, at least).

    People can call me ignorant or whatever, I just want to understand the above.
    Sometimes LGBT people also want to be able to make a character that represents them best and live the fantasy of a world where it's not treated as a big deal by other characters.

    It's not about injecting reality into fantasy, it's about allowing more people to enjoy that escapism fantasy we all share. It's just for some people they get hung up on something that they'll hardly ever if ever notice during actual play.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Damnit, this company is just not inclusive, what about those of us who identify as Body3?
    Body3 is a washing machine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •