Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's funny because it's so half-assed.

Like, "let's cater to non-binary people...by removing the names but still only having two genders!"

What do you mean? Who have I groomed? Stop using groomer as a buzzword and stop watering down child abuse.

P.S. a conservative calling anyone a groomer has a 50% chance of supporting grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    Who or what is "you people"?

"How does it hurt you" seems like a flippant question, when the same can be asked to the people that think changes like this are necessary. How does it hurt anyone having a game that just has Female/Male options?

There will be some people who think these changes are ridiculous, the same way where are some people that think only having M/F options is ridiculous. I don't think either are wrong.
    Last edited by ablib; 2022-07-16 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

They wouldn't then give it a male voice and pronouns... they want to be in control of a female character. Not a drag queen.
    Speak for yourself I'd love to play a Tauren drag queen with a full face of makeup. Blizzard is too bigoted to allow me to live my drag cow dreams. I'd call Her Brisket johns and get her all dolled up like Trixie Mattel[/QUOTE]

Ok, you won me over with that one. Please let me know what server you will be on when that gets added to the game.

No, seriously.

Don't leave me hanging on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    That hasn't happened, ever. Biology is science, facts and logic. Biology proves XX is female (and the body components confirm it), while XY is male (with the corresponding male bodily components).

The female body (and its brain) does not respond well to massive levels of testosterone, and the male body (and it's brain) does not respond well to the massive levels of estrogen. This is the largest part of the medically altered dysphoria conforming that leads to the 41% of trans suicides.
    So, people with chromosomal differences are neither female or male? Who are they, intersex? Can future body 3 option be for them then?

Biology also proves the brain is a very complex organ and reaffirms gender as being separate from sex. Citation needed for your last sentence, too, please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did people flip their shit when Elden Ring did this?

I Can't remember
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Who or what is "you people"?

"How does it hurt you" seems like a flippant question, when the same can be asked to the people that think changes like this are necessary. How does it hurt anyone having a game that just has Female/Male options?

There will be some people who think these changes are ridiculous, the same way where are some people that think only having 2 options is ridiculous. I don't think either are wrong.
    But… but… I don’t think you understand the point. You CAN STILL pick the SAME model and pick he/him pronouns??

That option was not there before to include others. They were hurt by that. You are not hurt by having the same options.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    It's always frustrating having to consistently debunk the same shit over and over again because people get their science from social media activists and not actual scientists.

Sex is a binary, yes. Gender is used to refer to characteristics common to a sex, this could be psychological or physical features. It does not 'depend on language' at all, because language doesn't translate directly in many cases. A lot of the references to 'gender' in the few cultures that have it is absolutely not what people want to be using to justify its usage. In some of the Native American tribes for instance it effectively made someone an outcast of society used for sexual pleasure, like a man that wasn't 'manly enough' to hunt so he basically gets put into a special tent as the tribe fleshlight and given the 'third gender' name.

This whole discussion from the progressive side reminds me of this dumb shit clip from a debate I saw recently where someone argued that water wasn't always H20 because down in Mexico they call it Agua. Just the sheer mental gymnastics to accept this stuff as fact is astonishing, it's like no one ever takes the time to think about things they are told and just accept it all on face value.
    "Gender is used to refer to characteristics common to a sex" Except it isn't. Up until a a few years ago sex and gender are used interchangeably. There is no difference between sexual characteristics and gender characteristics. The only other definitions the words gender and sex have is gender can refer to grammar and sex can refer to the act. Other than that there is no meaningful difference.

And just as an example, because it's only one and doesn't necessarily prove anything, but Merriam-Webster didn't add anything about gender identity to the the definition until late 2018/early 2019. So, it was never used in such a way until very recently. I've done the same thing with other terms like the additional definition of "they" to mean some nbi individual.

Needless to say, it's still nonsense. And it has zero meaningful value to anyone. Anyone that needs goofy labels and force their usage on strangers has a serious mental problem and should probably seek help.

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Those aren't the only bills being passed lol. Things like access to even having healthcare and treatment they need. I even heard they're trying to go after trans adults by restricting access to such medications for even adults. I should not be surprised, some states in the US are also trying to restrict access to AIDS meds. Those laws just simply target transgender individuals in all aspects possible.

Trans athletes are a pseudo-problem and have led to actual pedophilic laws passed that require YOUNG KIDS (imagine a 10 year old) to go through genital examination in order to actually play sports if someone gives an anonymous tip they might be trans. Hint: this affects cis kids too, if someone just doesn't like their competitor. The benefits of having gone through male puberty (which could be prevented by, you guessed it, trans healthcare in form of puberty blockers) and then transition are marginal and comparable to an athlete having other forms of advantages, like better coaches or access to equipment etcetera. No cis man is going to go through the ordeal of transitioning in order to compete with women for 'easy points', and this panic also hasn't really been reflected in the statistics of trans athletes winning all medals.

So? Conservatives in the US are passing laws that enable them to exploit children because of the trans panic. New scientific studies have all continued to independently confirm that gender and sex are separate, and gender is more of a social construct.
    Oh look, more misinformation and bullshit.

For your first part, I attempted to find any proof of this claim, and it doesn't seem to exist. In fact the only thing I could find is California eliminating restrictions on getting PrEP, which is the opposite of what you claim.

The trans kid athlete thing... they always check your genitals. It's called a fucking physical and every kid going into sports should get one and is required to in most places to prevent injury. Doctors are going to touch your junk throughout your life quite a bit, it's part of a full checkup. Giving kids puberty blockers is a whole nother bee's nest, and I stand on the side that it's an absolutely horrible idea. We're starting to see an uptick in children with osteoporosis because of these things, there is no way to 'pause' development without consequences.

Finally, you're looking at hundreds of thousands of studies that show gender is not a social construct vs maybe a couple thousand that do. Gender is absolutely tied to sex definitionally, and only insane gender theorists who have never once touched the scientific method say otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    That hasn't happened, ever. Biology is science, facts and logic. Biology proves XX is female (and the body components confirm it), while XY is male (with the corresponding male bodily components).

The female body (and its brain) does not respond well to massive levels of testosterone, and the male body (and it's brain) does not respond well to the massive levels of estrogen. This is the largest part of the medically altered dysphoria conforming that leads to the 41% of trans suicides.
    OR, could it be that there's so many bigoted assholes out there telling trans people that they're monsters, that it leads to a much higher suicide rate because they're more or less social outcasts?

I realize everyone thinks their anti-trans propaganda is perfectly sound and logical, but they can't possibly fathom how ignorant they are most/all of the time.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So your suggesting anyone who plays as such and talks on discord is a drag queen?
    Uhm, probably. I don't want to know though.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Did people flip their shit when Elden Ring did this?

I Can't remember
    Lets hope they did, sick wierdo agenda's being pushed into games that childeren play is pretty damaging on the long run.
    Childeren should keep in mind that pumping your body full of hormones will kill you in a long run but its like blizzard does not care....
    And you are a male or female, you cant be a dog or chair or an alien and expect people to accept everthing you suddenly want to be.
    And why are devs concerned about what people fuck in there private lives suddenly.... Why is this even a thing.

Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    My stance on all of this would likely lead to someone calling me a nazi, so I choose "Body Type Ein".
    Ein the Corgi Data Dog.

but then you would still have to decide if you were going to play a male or female Corgi...

I don't have the patience to go through this thread that I am sure is a shit show but...

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Sometimes LGBT people also want to be able to make a character that represents them best and live the fantasy of a world where it's not treated as a big deal by other characters.

It's not about injecting reality into fantasy, it's about allowing more people to enjoy that escapism fantasy we all share. It's just for some people they get hung up on something that they'll hardly ever if ever notice during actual play.

This.

This is all it is. This is what I want. Not just for myself but for everyone, even the people who aren't like me. To play as characters that they feel most connected to, and sometimes that's a character a lot like them.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilantjulian View Post
    Maybe I can shed some extra light on this if you're cool with it? So, I said earlier in this thread that I'm FtM Trans and you're right. I don't want to get into any obnoxious details about it or anything but it's not very easy. But I am also happier too. The interesting thing about it though is that I didn't know I was trans when I was younger because I didn't know being trans existed lol. Like, I had no idea that was even an option! When I learned about it, it was like "Oh! Yeah! That makes a lot of sense." It's kind of like learning a new word. idk hope that makes some sense
    Nah that makes sense because thats kinda where Im coming from.

Never really heard about it personally 10-15 years ago, but now you hear about it all the time. And I kinda look at it similar to being gay in that its a set % chance of happening at birth. So for the % to increase so dramatically seems odd and maybe there are causes for some of those cases outside of mother nature but perhaps that is more information sharing/ more info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    What do you mean? Who have I groomed? Stop using groomer as a buzzword and stop watering down child abuse.

P.S. a conservative calling anyone a groomer has a 50% chance of supporting grooming.
    What exactly are conservatives grooming children for

10+ Year Old Account

How do you explain androgen insensitivity syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    "Gender is used to refer to characteristics common to a sex" Except it isn't. Up until a a few years ago sex and gender are used interchangeably. There is no difference between sexual characteristics and gender characteristics. The only other definitions the words gender and sex have is gender can refer to grammar and sex can refer to the act. Other than that there is no meaningful difference.

And just as an example, because it's only one and doesn't necessarily prove anything, but Merriam-Webster didn't add anything about gender identity to the the definition until late 2018/early 2019. So, it was never used in such a way until very recently. I've done the same thing with other terms like the additional definition of "they" to mean some nbi individual.

Needless to say, it's still nonsense. And it has zero meaningful value to anyone. Anyone that needs goofy labels and force their usage on strangers has a serious mental problem and should probably seek help.

The fact that this was infracted just goes to show how insane this world has gotten. Science and logic? Throw that shit out the window, we just make things up now, ignore science, and go with whatever helps the .05% of the population feel better.

The social structuring and discussion shaming that exists around this topic is like 1500s Church level of brain washing. Fuck this site.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Lets hope they did, sick wierdo agenda's being pushed into games that childeren play is pretty damaging on the long run.
    Childeren should keep in mind that pumping your body full of hormones will kill you in a long run but its like blizzard does not care....
    And you are a male or female, you cant be a dog or chair or an alien and expect people to accept everthing you suddenly want to be.
    And why are devs concerned about what people fuck in there private lives suddenly.... Why is this even a thing.
    Ah yes, Elden Ring. The children's game.

The Mature rated childrens game.

Also you seem to have forgotten steroids are used as a treatments for some illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    OR, could it be that there's so many bigoted assholes out there telling trans people that they're monsters, that it leads to a much higher suicide rate because they're more or less social outcasts?

I realize everyone thinks their anti-trans propaganda is perfectly sound and logical, but they can't possibly fathom how ignorant they are most/all of the time.
    Nope. That isn't it.