Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Instead of body 1 body 2 it should still be male and female. What is the problem?

Why not a third option for people who don't know what they are?
    I mean even then there's a LOT of people who play female characters who are men and vice versa
    they don't RP as female they are legit dudes who picked the female character because "They liked the model" or "if I'm going to stare at a characters ass all day it might as well be cute"
    So...still what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Nope. I said erasing the term the term "female" and "male" was backwards.

Biological sex and gender have absolutely nothing to do with someone's body size. You could be a Dwayne Johnson, 6'5 mf'er and still identify as a trans woman. This change though seems gender though like pretending gender is not a thing at all which is what is so weird to me. Not at all the freedom to choose.

So at least understand what you're talking about next time you try to reply to me.
    These changes allow the player to design the character's gender expression appropriately to what they want. If they want a masculine woman, now they can do that. What is wrong with that? Why should they be forced into a phony binary of very feminine women and very masculine men?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I sincerely hope this opens up more hairstyles cross-gender and even cross-race. More customization never hurts!!

I know people would whine about it, but bearded female dwarves would be fucking awesome.
    Masculine females, a.k.a Tomboys, are still women. Just because they have more masculine traits does not negate the fact they are women. It is an exception, not the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The choice was always arbitrary... it's character creation in a video game.
    So why change it? The pro arguments can be countered easily by the cons and vice versa.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    What's weird is trying to erase gender altogether instead of actually putting effort into making a variety of different body types for both male and female characters to choose from
    They’re not trying to erase gender; you choose male or female, then choose body type. Not a hard concept

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We like to give people the chance to show they can behave even in disagreement. It doesn't always work long term, hence our strict rules on gender and race discussion, but with hot news topics like this we feel it's important to give people the chance to show they can have civil discussions about these topics.

We have moderators and a thread lock is always an option if the discussion or news value has run its course.
    Well atleast you guys ain't like the r/wow mod team. Where posting a different opinion about this subject leads to an immediate ban. I looked at that thread and it was proper grim.

10+ Year Old Account
    People acting like they legit removed men/women from the game just choose the body type that matches what you prefer and then choose the pronoun you typically associate with that gender pretty simple stuff. I mean grandmothers seem to be capable of learning it, hope future generations is able to get past this counter-culture narrative that including more people and recognizing the massive diversity within humanity or in this fantasy fictional races and species where magic exists alone is somehow "wrong".

Pretty hilarious that the Saints Row series was waaaay ahead of it's time with all this stuff

Gender dimorphism is bimodal, not binary. There are incredibly masculine females and incredibly feminine males. It isn't even uncommon. The overlap is massive.
    I'm not saying male or female characters can't look a certain way. I'm saying that despite how someone looks, you should still be able to tell that a masculine woman is female and a feminine man is male; which is why I'm advocating for more body options unique to both genders as opposed to simply removing the terms altogether. Otherwise, you're just going to end improperly gendering someone because of their own decisions regarding their appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    So why change it? The pro arguments can be countered easily by the cons and vice versa.
    Because someone might want to play, for example, a physically masculine female who still has a feminine voice. People like that exist in the real world. They aren't even uncommon.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeyla View Post
    People acting like they legit removed men/women from the game just choose the body type that matches what you prefer and then choose the pronoun you typically associate with that gender pretty simple stuff. I mean grandmothers seem to be capable of learning it, hope future generations is able to get past this counter-culture narrative that including more people and recognizing the massive diversity within humanity or in this fantasy fictional races and species where magic exists alone is somehow "wrong".
    Because it's based in a bullshit ideology, not 'counter-culture.' It's complete ignorance of science and a constant push of wanting brownie points and 'diversity from inclusion'

It's cringe. And I would think a trans-woman would want to play in a fantasy game that which they'll never be in life: a woman

Is it April fools day again?

Well, at least that change makes it easier for me to see which people to avoid.
    Looking forward for an addon that will automatically filter these for me.

I'm honestly not trying to be offensive, but I have a question:

If you identify as a woman, why would you want to have a male body but be referred to as a woman? Why wouldn't you just use the female body?

Why doesn't Blizzard give us what we really want? The ability to play as a normal human character, but with an option to select the sexy, sexy, Gilnean accents.

RPG. Role Playing Game. You play something you are not, you’re not playing you, you play a chosen hero. But sure, let’s complicate things, that’ll do the game good.. Because everything these days has to be projected on yourself..

Oh, nice! I wasn't expecting them to do a change like this. This is pretty awesome for me.

Where are the other pronouns? wtf.

You think that science says women can't have masculine bodies?
    Science easily states that women cannot become men and vice versa. For a woman, their body is not meant to have an intake of testosterone, and those trying to become men have serious problems when they do as just one example.

No where did I say women can't have masculine bodies. But they have that in the game already. It's called Kul Tiran Female

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    really? if anything "you people" are exhausting, pushing your mental disorder onto healthy normal people, warping the minds of young impressionable teens and young adults, Calling people "Transphobes" for being normal healthy human beings is just flat wrong.

I bet this comment will get taken down i have no doubt because the people this effects will get mad about the truth, i might even get banned, but it had to be said.

Infracted for Hateful Language.
    pretty fucked up you banned this guy for speaking the truth. in what reality is he wrong?

The choice was always arbitrary... it's character creation in a video game.
    The choice, especially in a role-playing game, allows people to act as the person they want to be. You are basically telling the trans-woman who picked a female so they can better identify with their character that females don't actually exist at all because the distinction is arbitrary. It's quite literally the same thing as saying that trans people don't exist because gender is arbitrary and if gender is arbitrary then they can't have a disconnect between body and mind.