Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    "Hi, nice to meet you?....."

What wrong with you btw? You act like pronouns is a big thing then your life should be really REALLY boring.
    what do you think ''you'',is?

also its not just about direct personal pronouns,its about third party,do people not refer to you as he/him or her/she?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbag View Post
    Lmao do what? 99.9% of the time people address people by saying their game name or just typing a phrase. I've never seen in 17 years of WoW someone go "Yo are you a boy, girl or a they & how should I address you."
    the situation i was talking about wasnt ingame,ofc ingame thats never a situation you find yourself in

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'm very curious, and if anyone could answer honestly, please go ahead.
    Does this really help you if you are trans?
    I imagine if I was trans, I'd simply make a male character, and live out that fantasy?
    Or for you guys out there, make a female character and live out that fantasy?
    How does this help people with gender dysphoria? Being trans means you want to transition to the opposite sex, you don't want to be stuck in between, that is just a stop gap measure while you transition, yes?
    The only one here I think makes sense is adding the "other/they/them" tags for people that feel uncomfortable with identifying as either gender?
    Am I wrong? tell me how I'm wrong if so.
    Some people just want attention..

Its like pansexuel in recent time becomes a thing.
    You have sex with anything and everything, in the past we saw this as sick now we need to accept their feelings.
    And this is whats wrong with western culture we never know when to stop.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-07-16 at 05:22 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine catering to people that represent less than 1% of the population and pretend like the other 99% doesn't exist.

The vast majority of people understand basic biology. Male & Female is what it should remain, the catering to this stuff is so beyond egregious at this point. When did normalizing being wrong become normal.

Sorry to all the crazy people out there but just because you're a "buff" Woman doesn't make you something other than a Woman. Same goes for a "feminine" Man it doesn't make you not a Man.
    Do you even understand what inclusivity means? Sure, might only be the 1% but it’s not like it’s a mandatory thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I am talking about my freedom to not being forced to choose, and to keep my dysphoria at bay. You lot don't really care about all dysphoric people. You only care about political points, people who belong to your brand. "Screw trans people, women and other minorities as long as we get to circle jerk about our own perfection in our affluent west coast state while only really serving a political team pretending to stand for everyone"

It's up to you to do that ofc. Why should I fixate on what some person is doing somewhere? It doesn't make me feel better to doom and gloom. I play video games to escape reality.

You really are toxic in your rhetoric and how you treat people who are different than you.
    The part in all of this that makes me empathize with you and other trans people is that a lot of MEN and WOMEN keep pushing this rhetoric for, as you put it, their political points and when things (possibly) don't work out the way they want it too you are all the ones who are going to be left with their garbage sadly. Almost every time I see this conversation come up it is always a Man or Woman who seems to be anxiety-ridden about not fitting into their cult of personality amongst their peers and how they might be judged negatively.

Keep up the good fight and like you I tend to play video games to escape reality and the part that cracks me up about that part is they added diversity and inclusivity to characters in WoW and when I logged on I was excited that I could change my blood elves into drow elves. :P

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Then why did they not retain the gender terms and add new body types for both? They literally erased the WORDS, nothing in the character creation menu now implies your biological gender/sex. There is NOTHING IRL that can change your biological sex, nothing, we do not have the tech. In game sure, you can pretend magic did it but this topic will never die out and we'll be arguing about this 50 years from now on as well, if this whole era of ignoring science still exists.
    Which is why they added pronouns; so people can choose what they want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It says so in the post that they are replacing male and female with body type 1 and 2 though. Is this newspost inaccurate?

The body type names "Male" and "Female" have been renamed to "Body 1" and "Body 2" in Dragonflight Alpha.

It is pictures even. What did I miss?
    See above!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Honestly I've seen it escalating to bans and other penative measures in other online platforms. You can't really play the " what's the harm game" anymore and be genuine.

Give an inch and they take a mile gotta stomp'em early.
    Bans for being an asshole and attacking people for their identity, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Do you even understand what inclusivity means? Sure, might only be the 1% but it’s not like it’s a mandatory thing.
    That is what inclusivity actually means though... Male and Female is apart of said inclusivity. If someone sees themselves as a Trans Man and I see myself as a Man ... that is inclusivity. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    You have sex with anything and everything, in the past we saw this as sick now we need to accept their feelings.
    You're saying a good thing like it's bad, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the situation i was talking about wasnt ingame,ofc ingame thats never a situation you find yourself in
    It's also never a situation MOST people never encounter IRL either. I have never in my entire life had to question what someone is. 99.9% of the time you can look at someone and identify if they're a Man or Woman.

Sure "You" is a pronoun but it's disingenuous to use as a "gotcha" in the conversation at hand. You clearly know people are talking about all the other non-sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Would people get this heated if they were labeled "Masculine" And "Feminine" ?

Probably
    Imo that would be a better change. Now it just looks like a ranking... masculine being nro 1 and feminine being nro 2. :P

Im not sure where this change even came from in the first place... noone had a problem with those body types?
    We are all grown ups and know the difference between male and female bodies? and its not like women dont play male characters and men dont play women characters ingame, it happens all the time... so why exactly is this change even necessary? idk.

In my eyes this looks like the same kind of mistake they did earlier when they started categorizing overwatch characters based on some token system... trying to improve something but it only made them look worse.

You have sex with anything and everything, in the past we saw this a sick now we need to accept their feelings.
    I know a single trans person IRL, she is the sweetest thing, but attention is the last thing she wants, she just wants
    to live her life and doesn't like attention being drawn to the fact that she transitioned.
    I feel sometimes activism like this can be harmful to the group it tries to help by putting extreme focus on it, and
    at least a fair few of the people pushing this are not trans themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gamers:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously now if you are triggered by this change I suggest you go be a sjw somewhere else. Body types instead of male and female have been default even in fucking Japan for some years - vide Elden Ring / Dark Souls and Monster Hunter Rise. Blizzard is finally reaching the year of 2017 I guess.
    I'm not going to dignify their butthurt by equating it with having a trauma button hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    I can't wait for certain people to carry on with a matched model/voice/pronoun combo (ie, nothing changes for them) and getting extremely vocal about the possibility of someone else picking a different combination.
    Well, that's just the thing; if people with that mindset aren't being exclusively pandered to, they perceive it as an attack.

I will say, I do kind of like the potential this opens up, where they could possibly add new voice or model options to some races, like less-bulky Kul Tirans, or bulkier trolls
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeyla View Post
    About time should've been added years sooner simple change to include more people with absolutely no impact whatsoever on people who don't care except they get more customization options wow omg blizz is giving us more options, guys oh no the humanity! Men can have boobs and high pitched voices, Women can have flat torsos and deeper voices its great we actually are acknowledging reality now. Some people don't like to be called by He/Him She/Her and now can change their pronoun to They/them something that has been used as a gender neutral singular since the time of Shakespeare. Thank you Blizzard. Though lets be real their doing this for the PR more than likely after the last year+ of scandals involving how screwed their companies culture could be.
    See above. Anything sort of exclusive pandering is seen as an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I sincerely hope this opens up more hairstyles cross-gender and even cross-race. More customization never hurts!!

I know people would whine about it, but bearded female dwarves would be fucking awesome.
    I was going to say something about male-coded dwarves without beards, but the thought was way too unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Pretty hilarious that the Saints Row series was waaaay ahead of it's time with all this stuff
    And here I was, about to mention Saint's Row.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Ah, the wonderful sound of chuds being triggered.
    Again: it's not a trauma reaction. They're just butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Oh look, another one who regurgitates what Matt Walsh's propaganda. Can Matt Walsh answer the simple question of what is a chair?

Funny how people are crying about some 'woke propaganda' while having no original thought in their heads either.

P.S. science, facts & logic don't care about your bigoted feelings!
    No one who uses the AAVE compliment "woke" as a buzzword is likely to have any originality of thought, to be honest. Which is hilarious when they call the opposition NPCs, sheep, and so on. And it doesn't reflect any too well on their credibility, either.

It's...not? Blizzard has made it pretty clear that bigotry such as racism (not to be confused with specism), homophobia, transphobia etcetera. do not exist in the world. This just allows people to have more customization in the game.
    They said that? I mean, props; hopefully, this is a hint that they're actually cleaning up their act.

Blizzard has stated pretty clearly in the past that they want any player to find a character that speaks to them the most. This includes racial customizations for several races, and now also body types with the hopeful potential of more in the future.
    Oh, I hope it's the sign of more customization being added in the future. I want that one troll voice for some of my trolls. You know the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Endom View Post
    Wow, an insane amount of homophobes and idjits in this thread... and around a feature that surely doesn't affect them in the slightest...
    I think you meant transphobes. Or are they a subcategory of idjits.

Why isn't this thread locked yet? And, more importantly, bans struck for some of the more egregious comments?
    Probably because it's still pretty new and they haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Not going to lie, my biggest issue is the fact that I saw "body types" and I thought we were going to be able to customize our characters more in that regard (skinnier kultirans or bulkier blood elves come to mind for me) and it just turns out to be something that affects me in no way instead
    See, I'm in the same boat. It's not something I see myself ever using if I pick the game up again, whereas I would have taken advantage of the addition of a stocky Revantusk model for my druid or a rawboned draenei model for my monk. I'm nonetheless happy for the people who will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    What do you mean? Who have I groomed? Stop using groomer as a buzzword and stop watering down child abuse.

P.S. a conservative calling anyone a groomer has a 50% chance of supporting grooming.
    And that's if we don't either define "groomer" the way some of them do, or include those of them who passively condone it as supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I don't have the patience to go through this thread that I am sure is a shit show but...
    It is indeed a shitshow; and I agree with the rest of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Good for the people who want it
    I personally don't care but the more stuff we get that people like then the better the game is
    Bingo. Again: I'm most likely not going to utilize it, but good for the people who now have those options; hopefully, this is a harbinger of still more customization options to come.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    It's absolutely baffling to me that anyone could see this as anything other than a positive.
    Said it twice already, so I won't repeat it again; but...yeah.

imagine respecting other people,ykes!
    Quelle horreur.

they also used to see interacial couples as ''sick'',but knowing your kind,you proly still do

also i dont think you know what pansexual means

Quote Originally Posted by Sable17 View Post
    I suppose that makes sense. It just confuses me because I've mostly heard that reminders of your biological sex (when it doesn't line up with your gender) can make trans people uncomfortable. So this whole system seems counter-intuitive. I hope what I'm saying makes sense.
    Absolutely, and that's a very thoughtful outlook! I think it's worth it to point out that sometimes different parts of the body can be more uncomfortable than others. So, for me, top surgery to make my chest look more masculine is super important because that's what makes me feel the worst. But I have another FtM trans friend who doesn't mind the chest so much but really wants phalloplasty. (I'm trying to speak medically because I don't wanna be to weird or graphic whoops) And then there are some who are like "absolutely give me every surgery let's get it done." Hope that isn't TMI and helps give a little perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Do you understand what mental illness is? You realize it was always considered a mental illness till very recently because the world is trying to be more "inclusive". Just because people are trying to be more progressive doesn't just erase the fact that it is a illness that is being paraded as normal.

And yes it is Mandatory when it starts getting pushed on everyone. Body type 1 & 2 is literally being forced on everyone when it's always been Male & Female that 99% of the world identify the only two sexes that exist as.

It's also never a situation MOST people never encounter IRL either. I have never in my entire life had to question what someone is. 99.9% of the time you can look at someone and identify if they're a Man or Woman.

Sure "You" is a pronoun but it's disingenuous to use as a "gotcha" in the conversation at hand. You clearly know people are talking about all the other non-sense.
    When other people adress you 3rd party how do they do it? do they not use pronouns if they dont know you by name?

Game run by degens for liberal sjw. GG

When other people adress you 3rd party how do they do it? do they not use pronouns if they dont know you by name?
    Again, you're trying to do "gotcha" garbage by saying "But technically dude or bro" is a pronoun". Again, you know what we are talking about stop playing dumb.

Again, you're trying to do "gotcha" garbage by saying "But technically dude or bro" is a pronoun". Again, you know what we are talking about stop playing dumb.
    Im just saying that pronouns are a common every day thing,this is a fact,there is no gotcha here

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Wait, who is punishing you and what do you mean by that? Is someone actively persecuting you because you do not think like they do?
    It involved a very scary dox with pictures. And it was because I left a random comment that the Vtuber thing was creepy and sexist.