Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    What an absurd thing to be upset over lol. Nothing stopping you from referring to 'Body 1/2' as 'male' or 'female' if you want to. You're literally upset that the game isn't telling you that it's *specifically* male or female. Maybe you're worried you won't be able to tell them apart?
    Are you alright?

I'm genuinely asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    lmao this thread is so full of sensitive snowflakes, imagine being so upset by a name change of a body type
    Imagine being upset that a game doesn't provide your delusional self-invented gender?

Let's see. I'll be generous and say that 0.1% of the world's population with computer access has gender related issues. Of that 0.1%, about 80% are people who are easily influenced by tv or have a sociopathic need to feel more special/different than others. The other 20% of that 0.1% has actual problems between biology and their mental health. And we have no data on how many of that last group play the game.

So... who are we doing this for again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromanyac View Post
    Imagine being upset that a game doesn't provide your delusional self-invented gender?
    but it does, look at the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombadoh View Post
    Are you alright?

I'm genuinely asking.
    Better than you are, I'm loving the clown show all of you are putting on. I'm sorry, are you 'frankly staggered'? Lmao

- - - Updated - - -

You're the upset one that a game isn't specifically saying you're male or female lol. I'm a straight cis man, this change literally doesn't affect me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And with my suggestion, they should make all body types be able to be topless. Yeah I know how it sounds, but if all the types can soon be chosen to be male, female or whatever the hell else there is, I see nothing wrong with same visual choices. Besides, outside of the more...sexualized reasons people would choose a topless female body, there are in fact, in some fantasy settings where topless nudity is a thing of ferociousness - take Warhammer universe and the dark elves - and their Witch Elf variants, combat drug-addled very skimpily clothed murderesses. Or the Slaaneshi daemonettes, alluring feminine demons using their looks to enrapture the enemies before driving a long-ass claw through them.
    No no, you can't show nipples to 13 year olds, imagine what that would do to their type 1 or 2 minds.

What does any of that have to do with World of Warcraft? lmao

Do you know where you are? What year is it? Who's the President?
    Same question for you? What does this change have anything to do with WoW other than cater to a small minority of people that can't really define what they want or alienate a lot more? What are you actually asking? President of what? Liberia? You know there are 194 other countries in the world other than USA?

5+ Year Old Account
    So how does it work? Can I be still a male character in game? I just thought these body types refer to amount of muscles.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, it shouldn't be, because biological sex is between your legs, and gender identity is in your brain. Or do you want to argue that balls and brain is the same thing? I did hear a theory that some men think with their balls, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is.
    Actually sex is determined by your chromosomes, but since it is easier to look between your legs than at your chromosomes, we do the former and hope it fits. As for gender, I always understood it as the set of expectations by society concerning a given sex.

Where this understanding falls appart is with multisexual people (bisexual, polysexual, pansexual, omnisexual). Because they mix gender into it. Maybe I'm old, but gender was never even in consideration when talking about sexuality. For me, that is purely biological. Yes, I do have certain specific kinks and turn-ons. But for me, heterosexuality means being attracted to female secondary sexual characteristics. That leaves a lot of room for transgender people or even full on men who are very good at makeup.

*sigh* Maybe I just don't get it. Thing is, much like chemistry and physics, their existence is totally independent of me understanding it or not. And that is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombadoh View Post
    No no, you can't show nipples to 13 year olds, imagine what that would do to their type 1 or 2 minds.
    Last I checked, I can show nipples to everyone in-game. I just need to pick the right body type. Apparently. Male is now a body type?

Same question for you? What does this change have anything to do with WoW other than cater to a small minority of people that can't really define what they want or alienate a lot more? What are you actually asking? President of what? Liberia? You know there are 194 other countries in the world other than USA?
    This change has to do with making a group of people feel more comfortable while having absolutely zero negative effect on anyone not targeted by the change. And yet you're upset about it. A change that does not affect you, and you're throwing this massive tantrum over it. It's both hilarious and pathetically, pityingly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Anyone who is actually triggered by this change, consider this: kill yourself
    Good way to get infracted there. You don't really sound like a fun person to discuss anything with. I have a feeling you should be getting 15 infraction points for this post. I have a personal...hunch about it.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-07-16 at 09:02 AM.

Anyone who is actually triggered by this change, consider this: kill yourself
    What's wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alja View Post
    And while sex and gender are often used interchangeably, they really shouldn't be. Gender is often performative nonsense that varies from culture to culture and era to era. Sex is biological and is in our very DNA.
    A quick point about that, some deviations in biological sex are regulated at the hormonal level so it is broadly more correct to say that biological sex is a phenotypical expression of our genetic makeup.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    So how does it work? Can I be still a male character in game? I just thought these body types refer to amount of muscles.
    Yes, your character is still male if you want them to be. It's not the amount of muscles, it's a stereotypically masculine or feminine body type. Basically, if you aren't trans or non-binary and interested in your character being that, then this change doesn't affect you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Good way to get infracted there. You don't really sound like a fun person to discuss anything with. I have a feeling you should be getting 15 infraction points from this post. I have a personal...hunch about it.
    Mods are shit on this forum, literally don't do anything. But anyway, it's true, if someone is triggered over this, I can't see them surviving in the world.

Mods are shit on this forum, literally don't do anything. But anyway, it's true, if someone is triggered over this, I can't see them surviving in the world.
    That's not what you posted in the first place. You said something I personally got 15 points for long ago when I was less healthier person and said something very similar here. But you are not wrong, mods do not treat people equally here, so I should be betting it's just 5 points for you

They have done a lot actually, infracted quite a lot of hateful people here in this thread. They left it open as long as people are having discussions without insulting each other.

Perhaps you're upset that they ain't as power hungry and awful as the mods on r/wow and wowhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Let's see. I'll be generous and say that 0.1% of the world's population with computer access has gender related issues. Of that 0.1%, about 80% are people who are easily influenced by tv or have a sociopathic need to feel more special/different than others. The other 20% of that 0.1% has actual problems between biology and their mental health. And we have no data on how many of that last group play the game.

So... who are we doing this for again?
    To rid the white guilt from a bunch of rich Los Angeles Leftists, silly.

Better than you are, I'm loving the clown show all of you are putting on. I'm sorry, are you 'frankly staggered'? Lmao
    You come across agressivelly assertive pal, have a glass of water - calm down.

I'm a-okay with people doing what they want and calling themselves what they want. It's just that since the dawn of speech we've used male/female wording. Changing this to 'body type 1 - 2' might need a little more argumentation than "well you can still refer to it as man/woman", for me atleast. Call me oldskool or whatever hatefullness you want.

Maybe someone can (hopefully calmly) explain to me why I can't play a male character anymore?