Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    The issue is single player has to be one and done to be good otherwise it becomes repetitive quickly like torghast.
    There are plenty of MMOs with solo progression that aren't one-and-done or repetitive at all.

And I'd kinda argue that Torghast isn't really a good example because it can be repetitive regardless of group or solo. I love roguelikes and all but Torghast doesn't rub me the right way for repeat playthroughs.

Hard to put my finger on what it is too, because it has all the makings of a good rogue-like, but it's like they don't take it far enough to making it a truly enjoyable repeatable experience. I think it might be because of WoW's reward system and the feeling that you're playing for the sake of the breadcrumbs rather than because the roguelike experience is actually enjoyable.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-08-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There are plenty of MMOs with solo progression that aren't one-and-done or repetitive at all.

And I'd kinda argue that Torghast isn't really a good example because it can be repetitive regardless of group or solo. I love roguelikes and all but Torghast doesn't rub me the right way for repeat playthroughs.

Hard to put my finger on what it is too, because it has all the makings of a good rogue-like, but it's like they don't take it far enough to making it a truly enjoyable repeatable experience. I think it might be because of WoW's reward system and the feeling that you're playing for the sake of the breadcrumbs rather than because the roguelike experience is actually enjoyable.
    Hey also tend to not have a skill divided end game either or have far more simple combat systems then wow.

There isn't a way to make it work beyond something like mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because never in Blizzard's history have they ever added something that the players didn't ask for right? Oh wait, most of the content added wasn't asked for by players.
    You made a false claim that "solo players are not demanding raid equivalent gear" and were disproven. Not sure what this reply has to do with anything.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You made a false claim that "solo players are not demanding raid equivalent gear" and were disproven. Not sure what this reply has to do with anything.
    You disproved nothing. Purple gear was always available outside of raids. Plus purple gear never was "raid equivalent gear". There was always purple raid gear, purple dungeon gear and purple world drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I agree on the principle, but but that second part is a problem.

They could absolutely do things to make players who want to play solo suddenly join groups - just make it so devastatingly rewarding they feel like they HAVE to even over their own dislike of it.

That's happened before. It's called PvP gear and Warmode rewards (and things like certain essences in BFA), which made people who absolutely hate PvP with a passion do it anyway and be miserable doing it, just to get the rewards.
    Except that it didn't. 98% of PvE players never turned on Warmode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Nothing has been disproven. Nobody is asking for mythic gear. And no, purples outside the raid doesn't prove it either as that gear is still below raid gear. The only one making false claims here is you.

Honestly this wasn't even a problem until they fucked up raiding. They made a lot of mechanics where one person could fuck up the pull for 19 other people.

A lot were put off by that and raiding never really recovered from that, even with less of those type of mechanics since then. People didn't mind raiding and looked forward to it more than the solo experience because the barrier to entry wasn't very high. But now you need all these addons and watching the guides, min/maxxing other areas to make sure you get that 1-2% increase on raid night..... it's just become ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Honestly this wasn't even a problem until they fucked up raiding. They made a lot of mechanics where one person could fuck up the pull for 19 other people.

A lot were put off by that and raiding never really recovered from that, even with less of those type of mechanics since then. People didn't mind raiding and looked forward to it more than the solo experience because the barrier to entry wasn't very high. But now you need all these addons and watching the guides, min/maxxing other areas to make sure you get that 1-2% increase on raid night..... it's just become ridiculous.
    one person fuck up wipe is fine as a mechanic but it shouldn't exist in hc/normal

Im kind of confused by this this post, are you talking about mythic only? Because you don't need to eek out 1-2% increases on normal or heroic you just need to meet the floor requirement which tends to include doing mechanics mostly right and finding the ability to hit your buttons. If everyone needed to get with 2% of perfect play we wouldn't see such massive swings in dps across individual specs during the opening few weeks of a new raid.

Is week 1 heroic hard? sure... but it should be. You are in last tiers gear and fighting bosses that are expecting you to have current tier rewards and power gains.

Also as to the "They made a lot of mechanics where one person could fuck up the pull for 19 other people. " What even is this claim? single pressure wipe mechanics have existed forever. Just to list a few, ghosts on Gorefiend, fixate on bloodboil, w/e the knockup is called on astromancer, conflag on twins, mana bomb in hyjal, air burst on Archie, fatal attraction on Mother. All these are from TBC and are examples where 1 player doing the mechanic wrong wipes the raid. Now in classic a lot of these are less threatening due to how min/max'ed players are and how fast bosses die but back in original TBC all of these could EASILY wipe the raid if done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Also as to the "They made a lot of mechanics where one person could fuck up the pull for 19 other people. " What even is this claim? single pressure wipe mechanics have existed forever. Just to list a few, ghosts on Gorefiend, fixate on bloodboil, w/e the knockup is called on astromancer, conflag on twins, mana bomb in hyjal, air burst on Archie, fatal attraction on Mother. All these are from TBC and are examples where 1 player doing the mechanic wrong wipes the raid. Now in classic a lot of these are less threatening due to how min/max'ed players are and how fast bosses die but back in original TBC all of these could EASILY wipe the raid if done wrong.
    There are way, way more of them now, especially on later bosses. Air burst was this huge guild-wiping thing in 2007, but now it's like almost every fight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    one person fuck up wipe is fine as a mechanic but it shouldn't exist in hc/normal
    Nah it's not fun on any difficulty. Everyone has a bad pull and fucks up time from time. Now bounce that around 20 people and it happens A LOT. Needing a perfect pull for each kill sucks, and makes raid groups dread re-clears.

I like MMOs except the part where I have to gather and then communicate with a bunch of strangers. I know typically a lot of MMOs follow the route of partying and working together but some of the top MMOs make more solo content or modes than you'd think and its really fun to just be able to get on with playing the game. Rather than having this interval of having to form a party with a bunch of total strangers, to then maybe not even complete the content because some people aren't capable. It feels almost punishing to be locked out of content I'm able to do but can't complet ebecause of others.

Those mechanics were once every few mins, and like 3 abilities in the whole dungeon or realistically a complete joke even if "personal".

I dont disagree with personal responsibility mechanics, but sometimes it gets tiring, even for HC raiding which is a joke, there are weaker players that take longer and resentment grows towards them when you wipe a few times cause they need longer to learn.

The problem is the middle ground isnt easy, we are just gonna go back to "Yawn, drop Barrier and Spirit Link and ignore the mechanic" if they change it too much.

Right now there seems to be a very weird overlap between "too many personal mechanics" and "too much damage towards the raid personal mechanics" that basically as i said above, doesnt really make things much more difficult but it does make resentment appear.

They just need to freshen it a bit, ever since BoD, the personal personal mechanics are getting a bit too many, personally dont care, but the weaker players i play with pretty much cause 30% more wipes.

Moving in flame wreath? Lol

Im kind of confused by this this post, are you talking about mythic only? Because you don't need to eek out 1-2% increases on normal or heroic you just need to meet the floor requirement which tends to include doing mechanics mostly right and finding the ability to hit your buttons. If everyone needed to get with 2% of perfect play we wouldn't see such massive swings in dps across individual specs during the opening few weeks of a new raid.

Is week 1 heroic hard? sure... but it should be. You are in last tiers gear and fighting bosses that are expecting you to have current tier rewards and power gains.

Your reading comprehension is so astronomically low I'm not going to bother addressing all of your "points". Just seems like you're one of those people that wants to nitpick and argue about technicalities.

No, you don't need the 1-2% increase to raid. The point of that statement was to address the barrier to entry is higher. If you want to get in mythic you probably need it. If you want to raid normal you're probably gonna need those addons. If you want in on that heroic group you need to have watched the guides, etc....

And all the raid wipe mechanics you listed are not what I'm talking about. Helen Keller could've done TBC mechanics. Now look at Kil'jaedan's raid wipe mechanics in Legion. They are not even comparable. And they kept doing that shit which put off a lot of raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Luviosa View Post
    I like MMOs except the part where I have to gather and then communicate with a bunch of strangers. I know typically a lot of MMOs follow the route of partying and working together but some of the top MMOs make more solo content or modes than you'd think and its really fun to just be able to get on with playing the game. Rather than having this interval of having to form a party with a bunch of total strangers, to then maybe not even complete the content because some people aren't capable. It feels almost punishing to be locked out of content I'm able to do but can't complet ebecause of others.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nothing has been disproven. Nobody is asking for mythic gear. And no, purples outside the raid doesn't prove it either as that gear is still below raid gear. The only one making false claims here is you.
    That's what these fucking elitist assholes never understand. Casual players ask for a long term path to worthwhile gear that doesn't include premade group content and they immediately go for the "Oh so you want to be showered in mythic gear as soon as you log in!?" hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's what these fucking elitist assholes never understand. Casual players ask for a long term path to worthwhile gear that doesn't include premade group content and they immediately go for the "Oh so you want to be showered in mythic gear as soon as you log in!?" hyperbole
    Do you really need the best gear in the game if you're only ever going to use it to complete dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I'd love if there was a "solo mode" for instances. As in, balanced mechanically for a single player.
    they would need to make it hard, then you will come to these forums whinning

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    Word.
    But then our social failures will point at such a system as the reason for their complete rejections as players and human beings.
    Can't have that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    It is up to the devs to make gear useful for all players.
    I fail to see how useful Mythic gear would be for a player who only ever does dailies. That doesn't sound like a developer issue. That's a player entitlement issue.