Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Not at all, i want consistent growth until i get KSM and then unsub.
    It's understandable why players who want this, but there's no way to argue to Blizzard that people unsubbing is a good business model lol

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i got it from wowhead, afaik they get data from armory, but i didnt really look into it, i use it for general idea, and for that its far better than asspulls most people use around here

    and given the raid achi for sepulcher was 50%-23%(HC)-2%(M) it seems to be more or less accurate
    They scraped the data from Blizzard's Armory API. These APIs are extremely inaccurate. I try not to reference them if I can help it, even if they support an argument I'm making.

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but... that doesnt depend on the game...
    you can do KSM second week its available if you got enough time or skill...
    Yea i completed KSM this season 8 days into the patch at 288 on a brewmaster and unsubbed. I spent a week before the season getting 4 piece ( thanks creation catalyst ).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    So you want what you have already progressly better gear ass you climb mythic plus
    Oh i want people to be able to climb the ladder without having to raid as it should have some compeition on eyes.

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They scraped the data from Blizzard's Armory API. These APIs are extremely inaccurate. I try not to reference them if I can help it, even if they support an argument I'm making.
    fair enough, though in the land of the blind, the one eyed is the king so even if its inacurate its best we got, and certainly FAR better than asspulls which seems to be the pinacle of argumentation of most people here

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Do you really need the best gear in the game if you're only ever going to use it to complete dailies?
    One core part of the RPG genre is everything you do makes you stronger.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    One core part of the RPG genre is everything you do makes you stronger.
    Then you should be perfectly satisfied with something like ZM. The gear and benefits from ZM dailies help you do more damage while you're doing ZM dailies. Or do you think that you should be as powerful as a Mythic raider if all you ever do is collect 20 bear asses at a time?

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Then you should be perfectly satisfied with something like ZM. The gear and benefits from ZM dailies help you do more damage while you're doing ZM dailies. Or do you think that you should be as powerful as a Mythic raider if all you ever do is collect 20 bear asses at a time?
    Mmm yes. So I can kill stuff faster and have time do do other things or play other games.

    Open YT and search for D3 Rifts in 2 minutes. That is roughly what should happen while I roam in ZM with ZM max level gear.

    Oh, and also maxing ZM gear takes 1 month if you take it REALLY slow, what about the rest of the season? Alts?

  8. #488
    When is the day that prepatch Will launch on retail???

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It's not just about the mechanic - it's also about the frequency and execution. A good example would be Rygelon and Dark Eclipse. You have multiple people being affected constantly, thorough the whole fight, and mistakes can be made not only by the people affected (those having the debuff), but also by everyone else (mistakenly going into the portal and making it unavailable for someone who actually needs it). So the risk of a wipe grows exponentially, because there are countless chances during the fight to do something wrong. If you have a player who's slower to react, there are multiple chances for him to be affected; if you have someone lagging, there's a greater chance he will lag while being affected (because of the frequency of this mechanic). Etc. etc.

    So just saying: "Look, bosses in the past also had one-shots!" is not enough. Those "checks" became more and more tight with time.
    I agree that fights have gotten harder and have more expectations of players, so you have to remember you are comparing current wow players vs current mechanics against past wow players vs past mechanics. Rygelon is without a doubt one of the most demanding fights of personal responsibility but that mechanic is 90% of the fight. Entire strats are designed around making players with that ~8-10 debuff be able to find a hole to jump in. And even if one player can't find one it doesn't 1 shot the raid except on mythic. Being as the original quote I argued against specifically mentioned a higher barrier to entry I'm not sure if talking about the 2nd last boss on mythic is really equivalent.

    If your argument is that mythic raiding is way harder than previous raiding and is loaded with more pass fail checks on the raid(personal and raid wide) you are right. But at the heroic level.... ehh I still think the increase is only comparable to the increase in general player skill.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Or you could just go play a game like this and not ask to break the progression system of a mmo that cant handle that..
    I am, I play FF14 where this exact system exists. I'd just like to have it back in WoW too because removing it was the stupidest thing they ever did.

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I am, I play FF14 where this exact system exists. I'd just like to have it back in WoW too because removing it was the stupidest thing they ever did.
    You cant remove what never existed... there was visions that had some fairly major issues then choreghast.

  12. #492
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Mmm yes. So I can kill stuff faster and have time do do other things or play other games.

    Open YT and search for D3 Rifts in 2 minutes. That is roughly what should happen while I roam in ZM with ZM max level gear.

    Oh, and also maxing ZM gear takes 1 month if you take it REALLY slow, what about the rest of the season? Alts?
    I mean, somebody who's maxed all the open world benefits in ZM will likely clear things faster than a Mythic-geared raider without these benefits which is exactly the intention behind making a system that makes you stronger while you do that content. It may not be D3 rifts in 2 minutes fast but literally nobody is doing that so that seems like an unreasonable request.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-23 at 05:55 PM.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    You cant remove what never existed... there was visions that had some fairly major issues then choreghast.
    Tell me you haven't played the game since 2005 without telling me you haven't played the game since 2005.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Tell me you haven't played the game since 2005 without telling me you haven't played the game since 2005.
    WoW isn't a single player game at end game... I doubt people are interested in it becoming one. Why not honestly fuck off to a single player game instead of turning every game genre into the same one?
    Last edited by Tentim; 2022-09-23 at 06:00 PM.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    WoW isn't a single player game are end game... I doubt people are interested in it becoming one. Why not honestly fuck off to a single player game instead of turning every game genre into the same one?
    Because there are far more people who treat WoW as a singleplayer experience than there are who play it as intended in groups. It's just that exactly what you're saying is already happening. They fuck off after the first 3 months and leave entire servers 'dead' as a result.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Because there are far more people who treat WoW as a singleplayer experience than there are who play it as intended in groups. It's just that exactly what you're saying is already happening. They fuck off after the first 3 months and leave entire servers 'dead' as a result.
    Then the system works

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Then the system works
    No one has ever said it didn't.

    We're saying it could be improved.

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No one has ever said it didn't.

    We're saying it could be improved.
    No that's a terrible idea. People who level only don't care about gear.

    You are suggesting fucking up the end game for zero benefit.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    No that's a terrible idea. People who level only don't care about gear.

    You are suggesting fucking up the end game for zero benefit.
    Honestly I do care. Since the combat while leveling is brain dead, I would rather prefer double the quests with instagibbed mobs than the actual leveling structure (I’m talking about the current exp - not SL in particular, whatever the current exp is - ) that makes you take ages to kill mobs for basically no reasons.

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    No that's a terrible idea. People who level only don't care about gear.

    You are suggesting fucking up the end game for zero benefit.
    Nah, you're just overreacting.

    I mean I could just as much the same people who group don't care about singleplayer content, so they have nothing to complain about. What is being fucked up for them? Nothing.

    And looky looky - I said it could be improved and the first thing you think about is what? 'Mythic Gear for everybody for free' ?. What a fucking joke dude.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •