Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Wow doesn't necessarily require more single player content, however more things to do outside of instances might help the increasing number of players who don't just use the map as way to get to instances.

    The reason there's so few people in the game right now is because very few people actually aim for the end game achievements. Last time I checked something like 4% of players had curve for Jailer (never mind CE) and like 20% had KSM. While it's easy to think everyone has these things, that's only true in the bubble of people who have climbed the ladder that far.

    We need solo and group outdoor content to help satisfy those who aren't instance junkies.

  2. #62
    Almost the whole game can be done solo. Raids, dungeons, and pvp are the highest rewarding for sure but in scale to everything else they are pretty small. But I think that's what dude is getting at. Rewards.

    Don't get me wrong the mage tower stuff was great. But if they do that every patch it's uniqueness dies and it's just another blah of the patch. Sure, they can do things like that at least probably once an expansion and it would be cool though.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    FFXIV is a Final Fantasy first, and an MMO second. It's what theor devs said about the game - and that's why it's designed that way. WoW is another kind of game.

    EDIT: this said, more optional content is fine. Problem with WoW and solo content is that balancing is simply not going to happen. Some classes will have an hard time and others will have it super easy, just check Thorghast. You'd have to make tailored fights like Mage Tower but it's very time consuming compared to the actual scope.

    Solo content in wow can be challenging and fun and also balanced if it's stuff like pet battles and dragon races where the class you're playing doesn't matter at all.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-07-18 at 12:30 PM.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    You can play that then.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    You can play that then.
    Why?

    /10char

  6. #66
    another thread filled with "I played X game why cant that be wow"

    PLAY X GAME

  7. #67
    People just like to be unhappy I think :P

    There's a lot that needs to change in wow, but I'm not sure this is high on that list.

  8. #68
    Every two weeks one of these threads of a person with thinly veiled social phobia with this nonsensical demand.

    Listen and understand:

    WoW is a game meant to be played by groups of people together (dungeons and raids being it's focus since launch), that has been it's goal since it's friggin inception.

    WoW is not a Single Player game and thus will never offer the same amount of content for solo players as game like Eldenring or the other Souls games.

    Are you also complaining on Souls forums that there are no dungeons and raids? Would you? No?

    Good, then you have grasped 50% of why your demand is nonsense. Now apply the same logic to WoW instead of demanding a game change it's entire customer orientation because of your selfish wants.

    If you want to play solo, there are tons of games that do that. Tons. Most with better gameplay and graphics then WoW. Go play those and leave this game to cater to the people who actually like to do group content. I know this will be hard to accept for todays twitter and tictoc generation, but not everything in this world exists to please specifically you.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Only on MMO-C where people can claim confidently that WoW does not cater to the community/multiplayer aspect while also saying the game needs more single player aspects.


    Wait, no-- they do that everywhere.
    It's almost like we aren't a hive mind and different people have different opinions.
    Things aren't as simple as you want them to be.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-07-18 at 03:32 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Every two weeks one of these threads of a person with thinly veiled social phobia with this nonsensical demand.

    Listen and understand:

    WoW is a game meant to be played by groups of people together (dungeons and raids being it's focus since launch), that has been it's goal since it's friggin inception.

    WoW is not a Single Player game and thus will never offer the same amount of content for solo players as game like Eldenring or the other Souls games.

    Good, then you have grasped 50% of why your demand is nonsense. Now apply the same logic to WoW instead of demanding a game change it's entire customer orientation because of your selfish wants.
    I don't think anyone is asking for instanced-content to disappear or suddenly no longer become the main focus of the game. Frankly, to even consider as much is simply absurd. There is a very distinct difference in creating more engaging solo-friendly activities vs redesigning the entire focus of the game (again, which nobody wants or is asking for), and exploring such options would only better the game as a whole.

    Several of WoW's competitors understand that players are growing older and can't dedicate themselves entirely to raiding as they could in their youth, and are introducing more methods to keep players engaged across varying age/time brackets satisfied. The Mage Tower proves there is a demand for strong solo-play components within WoW, and expanding upon such features is not going to negatively impact dungeons, raids, or battlegrounds in any way, shape, or form.

    Edited to agree that yes, OP is indeed a bit zealous in their wishes after a quick skim, but most players who advocate for better SP features are more understandable with their desires. The return of Justice Tokens would be a pretty good start, as players can slowly earn enough tokens to purchase higher-level gear by running casual dungeons or LFR to catch-up to dedicated raiders/M+. It'll take longer, but they don't have to bother with the hassle of strict "X raid sessions per week" and prolonged waits for M+ groups to fill, but can play the game at their pace and feel like meaningful progression is being made.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2022-07-18 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

    You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Every two weeks one of these threads of a person with thinly veiled social phobia with this nonsensical demand.

    Listen and understand:

    WoW is a game meant to be played by groups of people together (dungeons and raids being it's focus since launch), that has been it's goal since it's friggin inception.

    WoW is not a Single Player game and thus will never offer the same amount of content for solo players as game like Eldenring or the other Souls games.

    Are you also complaining on Souls forums that there are no dungeons and raids? Would you? No?

    Good, then you have grasped 50% of why your demand is nonsense. Now apply the same logic to WoW instead of demanding a game change it's entire customer orientation because of your selfish wants.

    If you want to play solo, there are tons of games that do that. Tons. Most with better gameplay and graphics then WoW. Go play those and leave this game to cater to the people who actually like to do group content. I know this will be hard to accept for todays twitter and tictoc generation, but not everything in this world exists to please specifically you.
    You know there is solo and group content in every MMO right? Not everything needs to require a group. If you play at off-hours, sometimes it's not easy to set up group content (ever tried forming a raid at 5am?). This is the time to have fun solo content.

    Things like "trove of the thunder king" and the brawler's guild were great examples of fun, solo content that for some reason, have never made it back to the game in any form.

  12. #72
    Elden Ring and Monster Hunter are single player games with multiplayer elements. They aren't MMO's, nore claim to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    As someone who's abandoned wow for FFXIV, I can't really agree.

    Yes, FF has a great MSQ that runs circles around wow's writing in any era. But it falls into the same situation that once you reach end game, all meaningful content is group content. I wouldn't even call its MSQ particularly great gameplay wise, at least, when compairing to a single player game.

    The only thing thats really solo-player friendly is the equivalent of dungeons and heroic dungeons.

    Unless you count as a solo player as 'queuing solo for content with other players".
    Last edited by Myradin; 2022-07-19 at 06:58 PM.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,505
    I feel like at this point, WoW should be adapted to be played single player by default. I proposed some ideas in a thread I made but I'll repeat them below but worded a little differently for this thread.


    When you're not subbed or offline, your account is in Single Player Mode. I'd like to see a few existing restrictions on Starter Edition accounts relaxed as well:



    • Level cap for starter edition accounts removed (currently 20). You still need to buy the expansions as they're released to do that content so Blizz still gets revenue regardless.
    • Able to send mail to alts unrestricted.
    • Gold Cap removed.
    • Able to Buy and Sell WoW Tokens via the Auction House (Auction House locked for Starter Edition accounts).
    • Able to do all Dungeons and Raids solo. Legacy Dungeons and Raids are considered all content except the previous and current expansion. All mobs in Legacy Content are not Elite and have their difficulty drastically lowered. In addition, players can be joined by NPC party members for current and recent raids and dungeons.


    In addition, crafting materials can be purchased from Vendors in Single Player Mode since you don't have access to the Auction House. Quality of Life items such as Potions, Elixirs and Bags can also be purchased from Vendors. The First Aid profession would also be exclusive to Single Player Mode.

    I would also add an offline Mercenary Guild feature. This allows you to recruit NPC Party members to help you quest, do dungeons, raids and scenarios. If they are underleveled, their levels and gear will be temporarily adjusted to do the content. You will also have access to Expanded Storage you can buy with Gold in addition to the usual Void Storage.

    When you switch to Online/Subbed from Single Player Mode content exclusive to SPM is disabled and vice versa. You retain items you bought or looted in either mode. It is literally the same content either way. Reputation changes, achievements and content completed are also synced.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

    This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yes because the game was stripped of its progression systems. Without TF/AP you quickly can't get any upgrades anymore, outside of raidlogging.

    Unfortunately Blizzard has decided to move the game 5 steps backwards and listened to the ever vocal, tiny minority of raidloggers.
    woah woah dude, you can go and dragonride all day, how dare you say theres no other content!

  15. #75
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,941
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

    I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

    As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    With Shadowlands, we have seen a lot of single-player stuff, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhuntr View Post
    Wow doesn't necessarily require more single player content, however more things to do outside of instances might help the increasing number of players who don't just use the map as way to get to instances.

    The reason there's so few people in the game right now is because very few people actually aim for the end game achievements. Last time I checked something like 4% of players had curve for Jailer (never mind CE) and like 20% had KSM. While it's easy to think everyone has these things, that's only true in the bubble of people who have climbed the ladder that far.

    We need solo and group outdoor content to help satisfy those who aren't instance junkies.
    The various sites who claim to track the % of players who obtain certain achievements are all really, really inaccurate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    woah woah dude, you can go and dragonride all day, how dare you say theres no other content!
    I mean for what it's worth I think dragonriding actually does look really fun. I doubt it'll be the reason why I'd wanna log in though.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    It doesn't at all, and this is coming from someone who has played since Beta of ARR. It has some solo content but doesn't have anything meaningful to progression or challenging.

    Bozja as you mentioned in another reply did have a way to collect the materials solo but LL, DR, and Dalriada were 100% MANDATORY group content needed to get the relic as they were part of the story you had to complete.
    There is 0 solo content that has progression for your character aside running dungeons with trusts to get tomes which has 0 challenge (if this was implemented in WoW how long before ppl wold complain they are bored of running heroic dungeons that take twice as long as doing it as a group) or if you are skilled enough you can soloing a few A rank hunts for tomes/nuts.

    Actual solo content like Big Fishing, Gold Saucer, Beast tribes all have comparative things in WoW, Big Fish is just a collection system like pets or transmog, Gold Saucer is just an always on DMF with arguably less to do. and Tribes are just rep grinds.

    Despite all that FF14 is made completely different, its a FF 1st hence the huge emphasis on story and an MMO second. WoW has always been multiplayer focused around raids, dungeons and PvP

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Things aren't as simple as you want them to be.
    If you want a single player game, play a single player game. It really is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    No one on Classic gives a flying shite about MMO Champion.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    With Shadowlands, we have seen a lot of single-player stuff, though.
    Outside of the initial-hype of Torghast (which became a mandatory chore less than a month in, and a slog with more than 1 alt) how much of it was actually enjoyable though? My Covenant was Venthyr, and the little party mini-game never caught my attention beyond 2 or so runs of it, leaving anima grinding as the primary instance of solo-gameplay for a significant chunk of the expansions life.

    I guess you could say collecting all the new mounts counts, but my favorite SL mount (the only one I really cared for, Blanchy) only required you to collect an item and, well, wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

    You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The various sites who claim to track the % of players who obtain certain achievements are all really, really inaccurate.
    To know they are inaccurate, you would need to know the accurate numbers to compare. Do you have these numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    No one on Classic gives a flying shite about MMO Champion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •