Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. MMO means "massive multi-player online" which only means many people in one spot online. IN no way does it mean mainly group content. People need to stop misrepresenting what the letters actually mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Who made you sole arbiter? They don't have to cater to your needs either. They should put in more solo content. Also, stop telling people to play other games. They have the right to ask for content to be added to the game.
    They have the right to ask for content ? since when was that a thing in wow ?
    do you think people who mostly matter in wow ask for stupid shit ? they play 24/7 they profit blizzard alot but they are realistic they know somethings cannot be added to wow

you are so delusional man, go to therapy

No, it does not.
    As solo you can do literally everything now in this game.
    If anything it requires more content exclusive for groups/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    They have the right to ask for content ? since when was that a thing in wow ?
    do you think people who mostly matter in wow ask for stupid shit ? they play 24/7 they profit blizzard alot but they are realistic they know somethings cannot be added to wow

you are so delusional man, go to therapy
    Everyone has the right to ask for content. Why would asking for content, any content, be prohibited?

There are enough MMOs who focus on SP content out there. Eso, Swtor. Go play them and leave group content focused MMOs alone please.

Edit: Ignoring the fact, that you can play i think nearly everything solo and most stuff just pretending everyone else is an NPC. Queue and ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean you get torghast , visions and mage tower.

While the first might suck there have been attempts.
    Yeah, vision where super fun, with underdog specs, when u dont know what to do because u didnt red guides or watched videos for the route you HAVE to run so you get what you need, got lags/dc and if u failed u need to wait for weekly reset... Much fun. Much wow.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Yeah, vision where super fun, with underdog specs, when u dont know what to do because u didnt red guides or watched videos for the route you HAVE to run so you get what you need, got lags/dc and if u failed u need to wait for weekly reset... Much fun. Much wow.
    Depends when you did it... before caping cloak and talents sure. After you didn't really need any kind of route or guide.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    Wow had lots of solo content back in old days. It's current "All kinds of conent should encourage interaction between players" and "The best rewards should come from group content" designs, that have managed to ruin even such solo-friendly content, as outdoor content. Let's take ZM as example. Yeah, it doesn't require explicit grouping. But what would happen, if all of a sudden all other players would disappear? Let's say, you would want to replay this content with exp stopped after release of new xpack. You would lose 70% of content. Because treasures aren't enough. This content would be dead. Same happens, if you want to play early in a morning.

This isn't acceptable. We need dedicated casual/solo/alt-friendly content. Yeah, it would be "Not for you" for hardcore guys, but why 100% of content should always be for them? Raids and M+ aren't for me and I'm perfectly ok about it. Why should they be so special?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-07-20 at 09:35 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    There are enough MMOs who focus on SP content out there. Eso, Swtor. Go play them and leave group content focused MMOs alone please.
    I really hope a lot of casuals/single players realize that and skip the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    like mythic, normal and heroic raids? Like rated arena? Like mythic+?
    If you exclude item rewards from "content" (and it's difficult to treat higher ilvl item as content - it's the same thing you get in easier content, but with higher numbers), then as a solo player the only things you miss are: 1) some raid mechanics not implemeted in LFR; 2) affixes. And that's it I think. You can experience everything else: same raids, same dungeons, same BGs and arenas, by simply using random matchmaking tools.

like mythic, normal and heroic raids? Like rated arena? Like mythic+? Like battlegrounds?

The only gameplay you can do as a solo player are world quests in endgame with dragonflight.
    You have rated solo queue in Dragonflight for arena. You can solo older raids, you can probably solo even current heroic/m0 dungeons because some people can solo even highish m+ in Shadowlands right now.

Not as a solo player. You talk about a matchmade group player.

And even as a matchmade group player you have no gearing progression as like mythic+ and premade raid players have. Means, you do not get gear you need in higher difficulties of your gameplay.

Infact, the only gearing progression in WoW is available in raids, mythic+ and pvp. Beside that, there is nothing left where solo players could get better gear to face higher levels of their content.

Gearing progression is one of the fundamental core mechanics of a MMORPG, but the only players who get that in PVE are premade group players. The developers simply do not care about progression for solo players or matchmade group players. The two dungeon difficulties you get on the df give worse gear than the welfare epics you get from world quests. LFR is an abnomination with hours of queue time, with watered down "difficulty" based on group accountability, while the LFR system itself would need a major overhaul to create challenges in multiple levels for personal accountability.

In general, you do not have any notable or even challenging gameplay as a solo player or matchmade group player in WoW. All you have are unrewarding dungeons on level normal and heroic, LFR which is both unrewarding and toxic, forcing players to queue up for hours with gameplay that is deeply annoying and world quests which bear no challenge at all but are simply repeatable tasks which insult the players intellect.

- - - Updated - - -

I talk about current pve endgame. And no, as a casual gamer you cannot solo m0, as you do not have the gear of the mythic raiders which solo them.
    You don't need mythic gear to solo m0 surely. You can get like 250-260 ilvl playing solo very easily.

Not as a solo player. You talk about a matchmade group player.
    And even as a matchmade group player you have no gearing progression as like mythic+ and premade raid players have. Means, you do not get gear you need in higher difficulties of your gameplay.
    Infact, the only gearing progression in WoW is available in raids, mythic+ and pvp. Beside that, there is nothing left where solo players could get better gear to face higher levels of their content.
    Well since higher levels of progression require organized groups, why would you need the items, if you, being a casual, don't want to participate in organized groups (as you've yourself admitted)? If you DO participate in organized group content, then you can approach more difficult content and then you have a clear progression path. So it seems like you'd want to get better items that enable you to do more difficult conent you won't be doing anyway, because it requires organzed groups...? Am I missing something?

Welfare epics from world content you literally need for nothing. Very.. exciting. No, the welfare epic system should be replaced by a proper gearing progression path for solo- and premade group players instead of that half-assed aproach we have currently which locks out the majority of players from any kind of progression with useful gear. Really it is quite amusing that gear is only useful for the few that play premade group content. And that is something the developers should change, especially that gearing up and feeling stronger and being able to face harder challenges within your own gamestyle is a basic concept for any RPG and MMORPG.
    We had that in BFA with Visions kind of. Did you like those?

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Solo challenge content such as the Legion mage tower, and newly added 9.2.5 mage tower - sure. Endgame solo content that can remove any means of what an MMO implies - no thanks. We've got other games for that.

Edit: I do however agree that we need more content like Mage Tower, given the massive popularity it had. I'm perfectly fine with challenging solo content that caters towards the "master your class" or "master X,Y,C" which in turn rewards you with cosmetic transmog and/or prestigious titles or green fire for your spells (if you remember the warlock quest back in MoP) etc.
    Last edited by Icy96; 2022-07-20 at 10:24 AM.

Yeah, you are missing the fact that gameplay catered to solo players or matchmade players needs a complete different gameplay approach. But do not worry, that is quite normal if your bias is entirely limited to premade group play.
    I wouldn't call it bias; I play plenty of games with solo progression path - WoW just isn't one of them, and I don't expect it to be one of them. I appreciate it for what it does - after all, WoW requiring grouping for the most difficult achievements allowed me to meet many great people. Anyway, this is not my fight to fight. I have nothing against solo content with better progression path; at the same time, I don't understand why would one invest so much energy into this crusade for more of it, when there are games that already provide it in spades. But I certainly won't stop you if you believe this is something worth dying for.

Visions were nowhere close to a muiltiple level system with useful gearing progression. And the borrowed "corrupted power" system was simply a pain in the ass and no rewarding gearing progression.

There is an existing reward system in WoW. It is called "gear". The devs should use that. And gear sould not only be useful for raiders and mythic+ players in pve. But also for solo players who would have gameplay like Torghast, but with progression and world quests with different difficulty phases.

The best example on how to do it is mythic+ but for solo players and matchmade groups with personal accountability as major gameplay. Torghast with gear rewards you need for higher Torghast. With matchmaking or solo.
    You got gear from visions. Even close to mythic ilvl once a week if you did 5 mask.

And i want to be made taxi job viable ingame,i want to transport people around Azeroth/Draenor and all parts of the game.Ofc they should cater to me and make this(doesnt matter if im that small minority) and make sure there is gearing path for taxi drivers like myself.After all its RPG,you know its in the name "Role",so Blizzard you either do that or i leave.You will lose alot if i leave!
    Last edited by thunder4o; 2022-07-20 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    What if players can create their own objectives ingame and be rewarded for it? Goals like, ogre hater, orc hater, night elf hater, pirate hater, wolf hunter, bear hunter, Rare hunter (all of those involve killing as much of those as you can), Killing people who kill animals, collecting certain items, band aiding injured players, buffing other people, etc.

Then players get rewarded by something like adventure points that you can exchange for gold, gear, or cosmetics. Cosmetics like, hats, beanies, bandanas, wolf head helmets, tabards, etc. Adventure points varies on how tough your objectives are.

You can also find people on the same objective so its a single player content that could become social too.

(taken from my post in my sig)
    People would pick the easiest one to turbofarm, smash out all the cosmetics they want in a weekend and never touch it again.

like mythic, normal and heroic raids? Like rated arena? Like mythic+? Like battlegrounds?
    You can raid as solo joining LFR without talking with anyone in raid.
    You can join random arena without talking with partner.
    You can join HC/Mythic dungeons without talking with party.
    You can join RBG without talking with your team.

Play single player games if you want to do hardest content solo.
    MMo is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    An MMO might not be the thing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    MMo is not for you.
    Wanting more solo content doesn't meant you shouldn't be playing a MMORPG. It would seem to me that an adventurer proving their mettle in solo challenges fits perfectly well into the idea of a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I wouldn't call it bias; I play plenty of games with solo progression path - WoW just isn't one of them, and I don't expect it to be one of them. I appreciate it for what it does - after all, WoW requiring grouping for the most difficult achievements allowed me to meet many great people. Anyway, this is not my fight to fight. I have nothing against solo content with better progression path; at the same time, I don't understand why would one invest so much energy into this crusade for more of it, when there are games that already provide it in spades. But I certainly won't stop you if you believe this is something worth dying for.
    Hopefully no one is arguing to remove group content only to add more solo content.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself