Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Wanting more solo content doesn't meant you shouldn't be playing a MMORPG.
    For me it does mean that.
    Why would i connect to internet, pay sub fee, having an account, wait in queues for server etc. for doing solo game?

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    This thread again? Sure, but then you're getting worse loot because it takes less effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Everyone has the right to ask for content. Why would asking for content, any content, be prohibited?
    Here is the issue you are treating this as a "Right" while everyone can ask for stuff but all they are doing is wasting their time once again try to be realistic

It's very very few times that blizz has actually added content that ppl flooded the forum with, then here comes those delusional people who ask for stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Why would i connect to internet, pay sub fee, having an account, wait in queues for server etc. for doing solo game?
    Arguably wanting more solo content doesn't mean you're playing alone. You can still belong to a guild and have friends without doing organized content; you are still part of the server economy; you can still encounter people randomly in the world, group casually for things like world bosses/group quests etc. etc. And you can still think it's worth paying the sub for the social part of the game, without engaging in organized group content.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    And not just world quests and dailies, but rather, meaningful and challenging content that can progress your character through out the entirety of a season.

I envision a solo end game content experience, much like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls/Elden Ring.

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    They can do this easily without even using more assets. They are chosing not to, so I don't think they ever will make content for solo players.

They could make solo raids. The rest of the team is NPCs. To beat the boss you have to do the job of your role. If you are a tank- you have to have the boss in the right position, time the swap right, use your big def cd on the tank buster mechanic, pick up the adds, etc, If you do your role right- the boss goes down.

It might actually be more difficult than a group raid. In a group- someone can help you out or save you if you mess up- this is all on you. Raid leads will do call outs, no call outs here. We also know there are always a few on the team that are being carried, that won't happen here. You could even turn it into more content by making it possible to recruit famous NPCs for your team like Illidan, etc. You can even turn it into strategy (who should I use as a tank?)

It would be really easy to do, with art assets already all in game, they just chose not to do it because they want a group focused game. That's why I tell solo players, this is prob not the best game for you- the dev team really isn't intent on making any solo content for players. They don't even take the easy wins they could make.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Here is the issue you are treating this as a "Right" while everyone can ask for stuff but all they are doing is wasting their time once again try to be realistic

It's very very few times that blizz has actually added content that ppl flooded the forum with, then here comes those delusional people who ask for stupid stuff
    So, you're saying people only have a right to ask for content that is realistic, and you are personally the one who defines what is realistic and what is delusional. Am I getting this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    how much of it was actually enjoyable though?
    so the issue is not really lack of SP content, rather lack of SP content YOU LIKED... and wouldnt that be issue with ANY single player content?
    or you think if they add another SP content by some miracle it will all be to your liking?
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-20 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Appealing to single players should be as important as appealing to group players. And no, gate keeping content and rewards based on group sizes is quite awkward in a game genre where the solo players are around 65% of the whole player base.
    So what you are saying is that all games, no matter what their stated goals are should appeal to both solo and group players. I see, let's complain to CDProjectRed that in Witcher and Cyberpunk there is no option to do 20 Player Raids.

You notice how ludicrous this sounds? I sure hope so.

Players can have all kinds of wishes and demands, but if they choose to ignore parts of the content then that is on them and them alone. If someone comes to a MMO to play it solo then that is their choice and Blizzard is in no way required to accomodate this any more then a single player hack and slash game has to accomodate me for wanting to play pacifist.

The Devs aren't responsible for people choosing the wrong game to play and they are even less responsible for people thinking that the whole world revolves around them and thus everything should bend to their demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    An MMO might not be the thing for you.
    That's short sighted and fundamentally wrong.

Without single player content - no-one will be online to do group content.

That's what happened in New World.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so the issue is not really lack of SP content, rather lack of SP content YOU LIKED... and wouldnt that be issue with ANY single player content?
    Correction, the lack of SP content that a vast number of people liked, I mean - I still log on, but there are few others around to even do world bosses in current content let alone M+ or stuff.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

or you think if they add another SP content by some miracle it will all be to your liking?
    Of course that is the issue. They didn't like the content, so it didn't exist. There wasn't high enough loot dropping from the content, so it didn't exist. It was too difficult, because it expected them to open their spellbook and read abilities for once, so it didn't exist.

It is always the same selfish nonsense: "Blizzard make the game how I and I alone want it! Now!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's short sighted and fundamentally wrong.
    Actually it isn't. This game is directed at people playing things as a group. There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the Solo Players cannot abide that this one game DARES to not cater to them for once. There are thousands of solo games out there, where is the problem that this one game is not one of them?

There isn't one unless people make it a problem because they cannot suffer the existence of a game that is not made for them specifically.

Without single player content - no-one will be online to do group content.

That's what happened in New World.
    Ah yes. Truely horrible that we can only communicate inside the game to organise doing things together. If only there was some kind of plattform that allows communication without logging into the game and doing solo content. At best it would double as a voice chat tool and to share memes and cat pictures.

But alas. Nothing like this exists and probably never will. Curse you unfair world!

Sarcasm aside, I know what you will say: "But I can't pug from outside the game!!!111one"

My answer is simple: Do not pug. Find a guild. Join the guild Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    almost everything is single player asides from instanced content and world bosses, a further change would be to make dungeons solo with your followers like the trust system in ffxiv, wow already has follower system and it could work in dungeons, this could work on raids too but maybe it would have to reduce the total amount of people in them, and for solo battlegrounds it would need an npc bot type system for your remaining team and the other team
    I have been saying this for years, also The Old Republic is the first one I can think of that let you have droids to fill roles.

I agree there needs to be more solo content, and there are so many abandoned systems that could be retrofitted to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Actually it isn't. This game is directed at people playing things as a group.
    That is a contradiction - how can you do things with a group without other people online ? Makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Ah yes. Truely horrible that we can only communicate inside the game to organise doing things together.
    Not horrible at all, this is a game - not real life. Being in game is where you find people to play in game stuff ... it is just rational.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

While it may need more stuff to do outside of group play. It just needs more content as a whole. More stuff to do. Getting a content patch every 8 months isn't good enough.

Correction, the lack of SP content that a vast number of people liked, I mean
    given we have no clue what vast number of people like thats kinda moot correction, but misses the point entirely - if they added new SP content than literaly ANYONE except the person i quoted loved, wouldnt he still ask for more sp content?
    people ask for THEIR preference, not what its good/liked by other people

I still log on, but there are few others around to even do world bosses in current content let alone M+ or stuff.
    neither of which is single player content so i have no idea why you even mention that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Well...because you wanted to but you don't have to. I haven't read all the posts in this thread, is someone asking for content that everyone needs to do? I think the request was just "make more solo content". Making more solo content doesn't mean that content has to be something everyone needs to do.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

neither of which is single player content so i have no idea why you even mention that...
    You probably didn't follow what I said, I can clarify your confusion here.

1. We want to do multi player stuff in an MMO.
    2. To do multi player stuff we need to have lots of people online.
    3. To have lots of people online we need to give them something to do to be online.
    4. To give them something to do - we need solo content.

It is pretty damn simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    RIP Mage Tower, removed from the game and they never added new challenges. Also RIP post-game questing content.
    Post level cap questing was awful, because they made it basically a requirement for people who just wanted to do end-game content in raiding/pvp/dungeons, by attaching power to it. Suramar was the fucking bane of my existence. I hated it.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2022-07-20 at 01:51 PM.

WoW is the #1 game with gatekeeping players. God forbid you can get an item of the same ilevel like some mythic raider who spent 600 wipes on a nerfed end boss. They are the only ones that care about not letting others have the same gear as their "well deserved" epics.

You can have high end single player activities in an MMO because that player still exists and interacts with the world of the MMO.

i mean they actively try to copy the hot solo game and jam it into wow. Auto battlers made it in with the SL mission table. roguelikes made it in with torgast. obviously vampire survivors is the new hot game so blizz will jam a solo shoot em up into dragonflight.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    There are enough MMOs who focus on SP content out there. Eso, Swtor. Go play them and leave group content focused MMOs alone please.

Edit: Ignoring the fact, that you can play i think nearly everything solo and most stuff just pretending everyone else is an NPC. Queue and ignore.
    Who made you sole arbiter of what WoW is? How about you stop telling people what to do and stop trying to act like you own WoW?