Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah, but they have two different styles of underwear.

Which... Why, exactly?
    More customization? People thought they were censoring female characters in the game, with the portrait change and whatnot. This proves otherwise.

So far from what I've seen I'll be sticking to female Dracthyr, I dunno what it is but the males are kinda scary looking

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    More customization? People thought they were censoring female characters in the game, with the portrait change and whatnot. This proves otherwise.
    Well, I'm glad they're allowing us to customize something we'll never see. That's development time well spent.

I don't think anyone in the last fifteen years or so of this game, when asking for more customization outfits, said anything about needing the choice between briefs and boxers.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Why are their heads so disproportionately small to the rest of their body?

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I still felt like there was a point of return WoW had to go back to the type of game and story it was.

The Warcraft IP was never high fantasy --- it has always been a weird fantasy/tech mix (gnomes with gyrocopters, dwarves with guns, and goblins with tnt and dynamite, while oil and motorized ships were a game mechanic in some of the RTS --- this dragon-people race is the real death of the WoW IP. There is no point of return anymore, as the game now feels almost unrecognizable.

If they are capable of writing a good story moving forward, than I am happy for those that continue to enjoy the franchise. I just...having been a player of the Warcraft IP since Warcraft 1, the amount of disrespect the current dev teams seem to have the original source material --- and the efforts they are willing to go to throw it all out and write their own thing just feels weird to me. Like, didn't they grow up liking the games as well?

No one can deny that the art isn't good (for what it is), but they don't look Warcraft. And I struggle to imagine these types of beings standing next to anything other than humans and blood elves.

Literally dragons in the Horde before Ogres. I can't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, I'm glad they're allowing us to customize something we'll never see. That's development time well spent.

I don't think anyone in the last fifteen years or so of this game, when asking for more customization outfits, said anything about needing the choice between briefs and boxers.
    I'm sure it has to do with the recent "express yourself however you like" thing.

And I can tell you that a lot of people are going to be seeing those actually.

Who else is excited to play the new playable drag queen class

I don't get the comments about the heads being smaller. They aren't. They are the same size as Blood Elf male heads are in relation to their body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't get the comments about the heads being smaller. They aren't. They are the same size as Blood Elf male heads are in relation to their body.

It's because without the hair or horns the heads look smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    It's because without the hair or horns the heads look smaller.
    I can understand that. Fortunately we'll have lots of options for hair and horns it seems! And for those who think the visage form looks like a "drag queen" well they can still be "manly men" and just stay in draconic form :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They... are just elves with another head, they are not "swolle"

wow does not use 1:1 human proportions and yet you are using a human pic to make comparison, big joke my guy

Like, lmao, your own photo refutes you by showing how wide The rock torso and waist are, and the "dracthyr" totally not elf , have a thin waist
    I get what you're meaning, but if someone is using swole to describe what is clearly a cartoonishly muscular humanoid body--as a garishly muscular body--that's fine.
    It's just not the "swolest", since they're a caster race and the warcraft muscle heads are all green, fuzzy, or hooved.

I think I know what puts me off about them though. The eyes and cheekbones on the male and the eyes and lips on the female. It's just not the same art style and feels out of place compared to other races. There is maybe too much detail and different proportions that make it a but uncanny. Small heads too, mostly on the lizard form.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I get what you're meaning, but if someone is using swole to describe what is clearly a cartoonishly muscular humanoid body--as a garishly muscular body--that's fine.
    It's just not the "swolest", since they're a caster race and the warcraft muscle heads are all green, fuzzy, or hooved.
    If someone says "wow swollen" i picture humans, orcs, draeneis, not elves/drachtyr, they are "ripped" because art, but not rly like the others

I think I know what puts me off about them though. The eyes and cheekbones on the male and the eyes and lips on the female. It's just not the same art style and feels out of place compared to other races. There is maybe too much detail and different proportions that make it a but uncanny. Small heads too, mostly on the lizard form.
    To me, it looks like they took another model head, and slaped in the blood elf model and in the human female, its too out of proportions, on top of that, the features, like you said, feels too out of place, waaaay to percelain, some of those look like child faces, ina tiny head.

God this is low effort

At this point it should have been better to let us choose from any playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    God this is low effort
    You have absolutely no idea what low effort is if you think this is it.

all male bodies have 8 packs

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    all male bodies have 8 packs
    Well, trechnically it's a 7 pack.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

WoW's Transgender Caster Semenya... This is getting funnier by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what low effort is if you think this is it.
    Depends on what merit.
    They've done a lot. But a lot of it is very similar.
    Not sure what the point of customisation is when almost everything looks the same.
    Faces all look like they are from the same family. Where's the variety?

Scale patterns on the head are basically the same pattern just different sizes on the scales.
    Other than that the scales in general looks like tattoos.

I give them props for the hair, but the rest looks like low effort. Not saying it is, but you can spend lots of time in something that still end up looking like low effort.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Depends on what merit.
    They've done a lot. But a lot of it is very similar.
    Not sure what the point of customisation is when almost everything looks the same.
    Faces all look like they are from the same family. Where's the variety?

Scale patterns on the head are basically the same pattern just different sizes on the scales.
    Other than that the scales in general looks like tattoos.

I give them props for the hair, but the rest looks like low effort. Not saying it is, but you can spend lots of time in something that still end up looking like low effort.
    Eh, idk. There's like 4 faces yeah, but then you can separately customize the eyes, the eyebrows, the nose, the chin, the ears, the scales, make the scales all different colours, add jewelry with different colours which actually fits differently on all hairstyles, hairstyles having highlights, customise your underwear and make it different colours as well. And on top of that, you get an entirely different race to customise too.

That's more they've ever done for any race they've released. That just screams to me tons of effort.

This looks like shit.

Who cares if your rainbow faced elf character has different underpants? You're always looking at the same armorless winged saurok model anyway. And since they're armorless you have zero gear progression visible on your character and thus no incentive to even level it past starting area.

Blizzard is not only incompetent, they're now even just stupid.