Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Microcephalia again. Both with new tier sets and now with Dracthyr models.

ENLARGE THE HEADS! THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE
    And the legs are too bulky and way too long, proportions are awful in general.

I thought that the gecko-form of this new class/race looked awful, but after seeing this, I actually find the gecko more reasonable to stare at for hours to an end.

People should thank Blizzard, for not allowing vision forms in combat.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    ima have to say it but please dont report me
    that first hairstyle that is showcased on the faces
    it looks like the male sexual organ has been shaved into hair at a party and she hasnt noticed yet (and yes i know its supposed to be scales
    Can't unsee that now...a true dickhead, thanks!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Thank fuck for Classic WotLK, this shit just looks bad, cringey and out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Females are masculine and males are rather feminine. This is definitely something that I won’t be playing.
    Its Belf male bodies, ofcourse they are going to be feminine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    This is something I find strange as well, it just seems like such an obvious solution.
    You could let players pick any existing race, it would make perfect sense, it would basically require no developer time and players would have every existing option available.

And it would look good, because the visage's they made look awful, the male ones in particular, even if that's besides the point.
    Or Dracthyr could be an extension of your existing character? After a quest line you pick your dracthyr look and spec. You are, for example the Dracthyr/Troll now and by swapping forms you changing from evoker to warlock and vice versa. That would bring a lot of versatility to your character. Good luck on balancing that though. :PP

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    This is something I find strange as well, it just seems like such an obvious solution.
    You could let players pick any existing race, it would make perfect sense, it would basically require no developer time and players would have every existing option available.

And it would look good, because the visage's they made look awful, the male ones in particular, even if that's besides the point.
    Yeah exactly. This also fits the lore way better. Dragons don't turn into dragonified humans, they can simply pick whatever race they like to present as.

By the gods this is some of the least aesthetically pleasing models I've ever seen.

I guess my already immense reluctance to ever go anywhere near this has managed to grow even further.

I really love the Hairstyles. But the rest. I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Is this body type one or body type two? Need to relearn these identities so I don't get canceled.
    Male is Number 1 ! Easy to remember, but that may trigger some people at Blizz once they realize so they might swap in the future

--

I'm definitely not sold on the new aesthetics of WoW. Between cinematics which have plastic hair and this... ugly af new race's customizations, I feel like Blizzard is regressing in this domain. WoW had a unique identity but now it's straight up ugly, shittier than Asian cheap knock-off counterparts, and definitely not up to 2022's standards.

Of course they can shit one billion customization options with how ugly and low-quality they are. But better have 10 wonderful customizations than 200 million shitty ones.

Why is female Drachtyr a reskin of a female Human, but the male Drachtyr is a reskin of a male Blood Elf?

I'm not going to sit here and say this looks like crap, because that would be insulting to crap. My god, what happened? Who did this? This must surely count as a crime against humanity right?

Why is the head so small? Does blizzard think bodytype 2 is less brainy than bodytype 1?

Another question, doesn't blizzard know why bodytype 2 usually wears a top? some of these options offer zero support, looks really really really BAD and non functional.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2022-07-17 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post

Why is the head so small? Does blizzard think bodytype 2 is less brainy than bodytype 1?
    It's literally the exact same model and skeleton as human females. It just looks smaller to you because they are showing the bald option in the post.

There's so much blind hate here.

I really wish whoever made this post wouldn't use the bald option as the default because now everyone thinks it sucks.

I've seen videos of people customizing their visage model and holy shit do they look really good. There's so many options and so many ways you can make them look.

This is definitely one reason why datamining sucks.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2022-07-17 at 10:50 AM.

I never liked the female human model and now Blizzard is forcing me to pick it if I want to play the new class, which - let's face it - will be the best ranged dps and healer for most of DF. Amazing choice, Ion. Great idea to lock new stuff behind a single race AGAIN.

I am just not understanding the logic here. In BFA we got new customizations in the form of the Allied Races, which allowed, for example, Alliance players to use the Belf model. It was a success, people loved having more options.

Then at the end of BFA we had the "DK for all races", again loosening restrictions and people loved it.

Now we go 10 steps back and make the new class limited to exactly one race even though the friggin LORE would allow them to transform into whichever race they choose, meaning their only excuse for not allowing it is: "We don't wanna".

Let us fucking choose our visage form from all current races, it is just THAT SIMPLE.

They could have added the millions of customization options over the course of DF for all races (with the scale stuff being limited to Dracthyr) or they could have actually used all the extra time they had from cancelling a full patch in SLs, releasing DF later and removing everything but dungeons and raids to do this already, but nope.

It was more impotant to earn brownie points by turning pictures of women into fruit bowls and remove jokes then giving people things they actually want.

I am throughly disappointent Blizzard and from what I am seeing in this thread, quite a few people are.

Listen of the feedback you are given for once Blizzard unless you want yet another SLs... and let's be honest. Another SLs WILL kill this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    unless you want yet another SLs... and let's be honest. Another SLs WILL kill this game.
    It's funny because people have been repeating this line since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I know. Heck I have been the one telling people to shut it with the doom and gloom. But the rate things are going I am not so sure anymore. SLs was a disaster in pretty much every aspect, from story to covenants to raids to the ridiculously long content draught. People in my guild barely have motivation to log in anymore and that includes myself.

We need a Legion-level expansion to bring life back to the game, but from what we are seeing, DF isn't that and in many ways it feels like that is just because the Devs do not want to give people what they ask for.

Take the cross-faction: Ion hates it. He made this abundantly clear. So the system is absolutely shit atm and they couldn't even be arsed to make the cross-faction guilds a thing.
    Take the removal of class/race restrictions: They are doing it, buuuut sloooowwwlly. By the time they reach the interesting classes it will be 2025. Why? Because they don't want to do it. And this Dracthyr is the best evidence of that.

It's like when you want to make a dog walk, but it doesn't. So you have to drag it along with the leash. You get forward, but at a snails pace and neither you nor the dog enjoy the experience.

If Blizzard doesn't stop being so stubborn then things will just deteriorate more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No. People have been using the “good then bad expansion” theory since Cata.

WOTLK, good. Cata, bad. Mop, good. WoD, bad. Legion, good. BFA, bad….. SL broke the cycle.

It’s funny because you tried to be smart about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should rename Dracthyr into "Long-neck" tribe
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    No. People have been using the “good then bad expansion” theory since Cata.

WOTLK, good. Cata, bad. Mop, good. WoD, bad. Legion, good. BFA, bad….. SL broke the cycle.

It’s funny because you tried to be smart about it.
    More like WOTLK bad, Cata bad, MoP bad, WoD bad, Legion bad (for the first half), BFA bad...
    Every single expansion, every single time is considered bad when it is current.
    Its only years after that people, through rose tinted glasses, start considering them good.

And yet, were still here playing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death