Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Where's my Athletic Body Type 2? HELLLO????

Im just going to say it, something is so off with the looks of this new class. I can't put my finger on it but both the dragon and humanoid form look weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come Body Type 1 can be topless but Body Type 2 can't? That seems kinda unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's funny because people have been repeating this line since Cata.
    Before that. People were claiming that the 3.0.2 mount changes would kill WoW.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Interesting... These are all labelled as female customisations within game files, yet Blizzard decided to remove the players ability to choose their own sex and dehumanised them to body type 1 and body type 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    How come Body Type 1 can be topless but Body Type 2 can't? That seems kinda unfair...
    Ya I'm not understanding since gender is a construct and sexual traits are meaningless. I want my Body Type 2 to be a post-steroid user that was assigned the Body Type 1 association at birth and now wants to identify as a Body Type 2 because of the large mammary-like objects associated with a Body Type 2 hominid that it has gained as a Body Type 1 steroid user. Therefore it should be entirely OK for my Body Type 2 to be shirtless. Isn't this meant to be inclusive? I am triggered.

On topic ya these models don't look like World of Warcraft. You said it when it's starting to resemble Asian MMOs, but badly done.
    Last edited by Ragu4; 2022-07-17 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Interesting... These are all labelled as female customisations within game files, yet Blizzard decided to remove the players ability to choose their own sex and dehumanised them to body type 1 and body type 2
    I think if Blizzard truly wish to show their support of inventing new rules for reality they need to go back and replace all these offensive gender-normative wording both in their code and in all their games.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

every single one of them looks like absolute shit

second of two Visage options
    is it too offensive to say female?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I think if Blizzard truly wish to show their support of inventing new rules for reality they need to go back and replace all these offensive gender-normative wording both in their code and in all their games.
    If they wanted to actually just have one sex/gender option for the Dracthyr, I would've been completely fine with it. Their humanoid form is just a visage so it would make sense from a lore and gameplay perspective.

Instead, they decided to pander to the 0.1% of people that get triggered by having to choose between one of two sexes and completely remove the option for the remaining 99.9%

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely the ugliest thing I've seen in any Blizzard universe, and that includes wc3 cobolds.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    as someone mentioned her head is... extremely small compared to her thighs and lower body.
    very odd body proportions, as if they are pieces from different models.

i mean her entire head can fit inside her own thigh.
    I was trying to put my finger on what was so off putting and thought it might be scale on the scalp but I think you nailed it. (It's partially both though).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    More like WOTLK bad, Cata bad, MoP bad, WoD bad, Legion bad (for the first half), BFA bad...
    Every single expansion, every single time is considered bad when it is current.
    Its only years after that people, through rose tinted glasses, start considering them good.

And yet, were still here playing.
    Yeah that's an opinion that is shared by some. I didn't like WoW since BCC to be honest. I thought the initial gameplay from Vanilla was very fun and engaging because the journey was epic. When you got to end game you wanted it to continue and not end. So then raiding and PvP became a thing as a way to keep the story going.

BCC was kinda like wtf? I mean I dug the whole Draenai thing. It was a little weird at first but cool. (Kinda like someone in the board room had a hard-on for playing a demon, and was like oh I got a way we can make them into a playable race!)
    The Blood elves and their starting zone were fun. But outlands kind of felt like WTF moment. I mean the basically retconned the whole lore to make outlands seem less like walking to a portal into hell and more of a hellish landscape that was just one part of a broken planet in a faraway part of the universe and the Dark Portal was just a means to get there.

I mean I get it they wanted to draw more distinction between their IP's from Diablo to WoW, but still. Whenever I thought about "Fel Magic" and "Demons" I wasn't thinking "Alien Race". I actually started my own personal cycle of taking time off during and expansion to let things settle down and mentally process everything.

Only way I grew to enjoy things more was when I just took them at face value and made my own journey basically. So in that sense to me every expansion was fun. I come in when it's shiny and new, see all the sights, then go play something else for 6-12 months while the wet mop fights in the back room finish up and all the bugs and features get worked out. Then I come back and have a seamless experience with the expansion content. I make and play Alt's and re-visit old areas. Do a raid or two. A few rounds of PvP or some such activity, then I call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    When you get sued for having a toxic work environment this is what happens.
    I laughed at this way too hard

"I was trying to put my finger on what was so off putting and thought it might be scale on the scalp but I think you nailed it. (It's partially both though)."

I had noticed this as well. The whole lower body seems too large. As if she almost has Cankles. I mean are they going for a more "realistic", proportions thing or some such?

Also what good is having cool human forms if you can't actually fight in them? Like Gen Greymane fights all the time in his human form then when he lets go and gives into the rage becomes his Worgen self.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Can't unsee that now...a true dickhead, thanks!
    glad you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    as someone mentioned her head is... extremely small compared to her thighs and lower body.
    very odd body proportions, as if they are pieces from different models.

i mean her entire head can fit inside her own thigh.
    Isn't this literally just the human female model with some different options?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So can you actually use this form in combat? Or is it some lame shit like with the worgen where you're forced into "beast" form?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So can you actually use this form in combat? Or is it some lame shit like with the worgen where you're forced into "beast" form?
    I believe you can actually be in Visage form in combat, but certain spells force switch you to dragon form (can't really fly around breathing fire as a human) and then your stuck in dragon form for the rest of the fight.

So realistically, its like worgen.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    "I was trying to put my finger on what was so off putting and thought it might be scale on the scalp but I think you nailed it. (It's partially both though)."

I had noticed this as well. The whole lower body seems too large. As if she almost has Cankles. I mean are they going for a more "realistic", proportions thing or some such?

Also what good is having cool human forms if you can't actually fight in them? Like Gen Greymane fights all the time in his human form then when he lets go and gives into the rage becomes his Worgen self.
    Ya, the more and more I'm looking at these models, the more I am seeing the design team self-inserting themselves....