Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

[PRESERVATION] Build and Talent Discussion

SPEC AND RACIAL ABILITIES

Preservation – Call upon the Emerald Dream to rejuventate life, and the Bronze sands of time to prevent harm.

Take on the role of a Healer to rain life from above. Preservation Evokers wear mail and use Staves, Swords, Daggers, Axes, Fist Weapons and Maces. They are race locked to the Dracythr race and may be Alliance or Horde with no racial benefit to either side.

Dracythr have the racial abilities to Soar (5 min cooldown) in any area that you can mount in, the ability to switch between Dracthyr and Visage form, with an increased in out of combat health regen for Visage form, a passive mastery increase of 1.8%, a 20% increase in flight speed of fully explored continents, the ability to Glide, and a perception increase of 50 (increases range of detection of mining and herbalism and includes a chance to find additional rare materials while gathering). Additionally, they have the spells Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet.

STATS

As a preliminary state, stat weights cannot be fully determined. Tentatively the top two stats are Haste and Mastery. Haste does affect empowered spells (tooltips do not show it currently) so becomes a more important stat while Critical Strike does not become important until high levels can be reached for Reversion interaction. Mastery is good as long as you are diligent about your own health vs. your group/ team's health. Versatility likely remains a fill stat that generally should be last pick.

TALENTS

Evoker (Base Abilities)

Tail Swipe
    Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies within 6 yds into the air. 1.5 min cooldown.

Wing Buffet
    With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away enemies in front of you. 1.5 min cooldown.

Blessing of the Bronze (Bronze)
    Weave the threads of time, reducing the cooldown of the major movement ability for all party and raid members by 15% for 1 hour.

Azure Strike (Blue)
    Project intense energy onto 2 enemies, dealing (72% of Spell power) Spellfrost damage to them.

Deep Breath (Black)
    Take in a deep breath and fly to the targeted location, spewing molten cinders dealing (250% of Spell power) Volcanic damage to enemies in your path.

You are immune to movement impairing and loss of control effects while flying. 2 min cooldown.

Disintegrate (Blue)
    Tear into an enemy with a blast of blue magic, inflicting (261% of Spell power) Spellfrost damage over 3 sec, and slowing their movement speed by 30% for 3 sec.

Emerald Blossom (Green)
    Grow a bulb from the Emerald Dream at an ally's location. After 2 sec, heal up to 3 injured allies within 10 yds for (250% of Spell power).

Fire Breath (Red)
    Inhale, stoking your inner flame. Release to exhale, burning enemies in a cone in front of you for [(145% of Spell power)] Fire damage. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. 30s cooldown.

I: Deals [(210% of Spell power) / 3] damage over 4 sec.

II: Deals [(210% of Spell power) * 0.666667] damage over 8 sec.

III: Deals [(210% of Spell power)] damage over 12 sec.

Hover
    Launch yourself and gain 30% increased movement speed for 6 sec.

Allows Evoker spells to be cast while moving. Does not affect empowered spells. 35s cooldown.

Living Flame (Red)
    Send a flickering flame towards your target, healing an ally for (275% of Spell power) or dealing (200% of Spell power) Fire damage to an enemy

Evoker (Talents)

Expunge (Green)
    Expunge toxins affecting an ally, removing all Poison effects. 8s cooldown.

Landslide (Black)
    Conjure a path of shifting stone towards the target location, rooting enemies for 30 sec. Damage may cancel the effect. 1.5 min cooldown.

Obsidian Scales (Black)
    Reinforce your scales, increasing your armor by 200% and reducing magic damage taken by 20%. Last 12 sec. 2.5 min cooldown.

Rescue (Green)
    Fly to an ally and heal them for (430% of Spell power). 17s cooldown.

Quell
    Interrupt an enemy's spellcasting and preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 4 sec. 40s cooldown.

Cauterizing Flame (Red) -
    Cauterize an ally's wounds, removing all Bleed, Poison, Curse, and Disease effects. Heals for (350% of Spell power) upon removing any effect. 1 min cooldown.

requires 8 talents in Evoker

Tip the Scales (Bronze)
    Compress time to make your next empowered spell cast instantly at its maximum empower level. 2 min cooldown.

Sleep Walk (Green)
    Incapacitate an enemy for 20 sec, causing them to sleep walk towards you. Damage has a chance to awaken them. 15s cooldown.

Source of Magic (Blue)
    Redirect your excess magic to a friendly healer for 30 min. When you cast an empowered spell, you restore 0.5% of their maximum mana per empower level. Limit 1.

requires 20 talents in Evoker

Unravel (Blue)
    Sunder an enemy's protective magic, dealing (500% of Spell power) Spellfrost damage to absorb shields. 9s cooldown.

Oppressing Roar (Black)
    Let out a bone-shaking roar at enemies in a cone in front of you, increasing the duration of crowd controls that affect them by 50% in the next 10 sec. 2 min cooldown.

Fly with Me
    Swoop to an ally and fly with them to the target location. 1 min cooldown.

Renewing Blaze (Red)
    The flames of life surround you for 8 sec, healing you over 14 sec for 100% of damage taken. 1.5 min cooldown.

Time Spiral (Bronze)
    Bend time, allowing you and your allies to cast their major movement ability once in the next 10 sec, even if it is on cooldown. 2 min cooldown.

Zephyr
    Conjure an updraft to lift your party members within 25 yds into the air, reducing damage taken from area-of-effect attacks by 20% and increasing movement speed by 30% for 8 sec. 2 min cooldown.

Evoker (Talent Passives)

Natural Convergence
    Disintegrate channels 20% faster.

Permeating Chill (Blue)
    Your damaging Blue spells reduce the target's movement speed by 50% for 3 sec.

Forger of Mountains
    Landslide's cooldown is reduced by 30 sec, and it can withstand 200% more damage before breaking.

Innate Magic (2 points)
    Essence regenerates 5%/ 10% faster.

Obsidian Bulwark
    Obsidian Scales's cooldown is reduced by 60 sec.

Enkindled (2 points)
    Living Flame deals 5%/ 10% more damage and healing.

Scarlet Adaptation
    Store 20% of your effective healing, up to [Spell power * 6 * (1 + Versatility)]. Your next damaging Living Flame consumes all stored healing to increase its damage dealt.

Recall
    You may reactivate Dream Flight / Deep Breath within 3 sec after landing to travel back in time to your takeoff location.

Clobbering Sweep | Heavy Wingbeats - Pick One
    Tail Swipe's cooldown is reduced by 45 sec. | Wing Buffet's cooldown is reduced by 45 sec.

Tailwind
    Hover increases your movement speed by 70% for the first 4 sec.

requires 8 talents in Evoker

Roar of Exhilaration
    Successfully interrupting an enemy with Quell generates 1 Essence.

Suffused with Power (2 points)
    Your Magic damage done is increased by 2%/ 4%.

Attuned to the Dream (2 points)
    Your healing done and healing received are increased by 2%/ 4%.

Draconic Legacy (2 points)
    Your Stamina is increased by 2%/ 4%.

Tempered Scales (2 points)
    Magic damage taken reduced by 2%/ 4%.

Extended Flight
    Hover lasts 4 sec longer.

Bountiful Bloom
    Emerald Blossom heals 2 additional allies.

Blast Furnace (2 points)
    Fire Breath's instant damage is increased by 10%/ 20%.

Exuberance
    While above 75% health, your movement speed is increased by 10%.

Ancient Flame
    Healing yourself with Living Flame reduces the cast time of your next Living Flame by 40%.

requires 20 talents in Evoker

Protracted Talons
    Azure Strike damages 1 additional enemy.

Lush Growth (2 points)
    Green spells restore 5%/ 10% more health.

Leaping Flames
    Fire Breath causes your next Living Flame to strike 1 additional target per empower level.

Overawe
    Removes 1 Enrage effect from each enemy. Oppressing Roar's cooldown is reduced by 20 sec for each Enrage dispelled

Aerial Mastery
    Hover gains 1 additional charge.

Twin Guardian
    You and your ally are protected from harm, absorbing damage equal to 30% of your maximum health for 5 sec.

Fire Within | Pyrexia - Pick One
    Renewing Blaze's cooldown is reduced by 30 sec. | While Renewing Blaze's initial effect is active, you receive 20% increased healing from all sources.

Terror of the Skies
    Deep Breath and Dream Flight stun enemies for 3 sec.

Preservation (Base Abilities)

Naturalize (Green)
    Cleanses harmful effects from the target, removing all Magic and Poison effects. 8s cooldown.

Preservation (Talents)

Reversion (Bronze)
    Reverse an ally's injuries, healing them for (342% of Spell power) over 12 sec. When Reversion critically heals, the duration counts up by 2 sec. 9s cooldown.

Dream Breath (Green)
    Inhale, gathering the power of the Dream. Release to exhale, healing 5 injured allies in a 30 yd cone in front of you.

I: Heals for [2 * (185% of Spell power)] and incurs a 25 sec cooldown.

II: Heals for [2.25 * (185% of Spell power)] and incurs a 20 sec cooldown.

III: Heals for [2.5 * (185% of Spell power)] and incurs a 15 sec cooldown.

Echo (Bronze)

Wrap an ally with temporal energy, healing them for (200% of Spell power) and causing your next non-Echo healing spell to cast an additional time on that ally at 70% of normal healing.

Rewind (Bronze)
    Rewind 50% of damage taken in the last 5 seconds by all allies within 40 yds. Always heals for at least (160% of Spell power).

Healing increased by 100% when not in a raid. 4 min cooldown

Spiritbloom (Green)
    Divert spiritual energy, healing an ally for (565% of Spell power). Splits to injured allies within 25 yards when empowered.

I: Heals one ally.

II: Heals a second ally.

III: Heals a third ally. 30s cooldown.

Time Dilation (Bronze)
    Stretch time around an ally for the next 8 sec, causing 50% of damage they would take to instead be dealt over 8 sec. 1 min cooldown.

requires 8 talents in Preservation

Emerald Communion (Green)
    Commune with the Emerald Dream, restoring 20% health and 2% mana every 1 sec for 5 sec. Overhealing is transferred to a nearby injured ally.

Castable while stunned, feared, or silenced. 3 min cooldown.

Temporal Anomaly (Bronze)
    Send forward a vortex of temporal energy, healing 3 injured allies within 15 yards every 1 sec for (65% of Spell power). Lasts 8 sec.

requires 20 talents in Preservation

Dream Flight (Green)
    Take in a deep breath and fly to the targeted location, healing all allies in your path for (400% of Spell power) immediately, and (250% of Spell power) over 15 sec. 1 min cooldown.

Stasis (Bronze)
    Causes your next 3 helpful spells to be duplicated and stored in a time lock. You may reactivate Stasis any time within 30 sec to quickly unleash their magic. 1.5 min cooldown.

Preservation (Passives)

Mastery: Life-Binder
    Healing done to allies is increased by x% while their health percentage is lower than your own

Temporal Compression
    Each cast of a Bronze spell causes your next empower spell to reach maximum level in 5% less time, stacking up to 4 times.

Essence Burst
    Living Flame has a 20% chance to make your next Essence ability free. Stacks 2 times.

Life Giver’s Flame
    Fire Breath heals a nearby injured ally for 80% of damage done.

requires 8 talents in Preservation

Spiritual Clarity
    Spiritbloom's cooldown is reduced by 15 sec.

Empath
    Spiritbloom increases your Essence regeneration rate by 100% for 10 sec.

Fluttering Seedlings (3 points)
    Emerald Blossom sends out 3 flying seedlings when it bursts, healing allies up to 30 yds away for (90% of Spell power)

Essence Strike
    Azure Strike has a 15% chance to cause an Essence Burst, making your next Essence ability free.

Golden Hour
    Reversion instantly heals the target for 15% of damage taken in the last 5 sec.

Just in Time | Delay Harm
    Time Dilation's cooldown is reduced by 2 sec each time you cast an Essence ability. | Time Dilation delays 70% of damage taken.

Flow State | Dreamwalker - Pick One
    Emerald Communion increases your maximum health by 20% for 15 sec. | You are able to move while communing with the Dream.

Field of Dreams
    Gain a 30% chance for one of your Fluttering Seedlings to grow into a new Emerald Blossom.

Lifeforce Mender (3 points)
    Living Flame and Fire Breath deal additional damage and healing equal to 1%/ 2%/ 3% of your maximum health.

Time Lord (3 points)
    Echo replicates 10% / 20%/ 30% additional healing.

Nozdormu’s Teachings
    Temporal Anomaly can be cast instantly

Temporal Disruption
    Temporal Anomaly heals 40% more in 40% less time.

Lifebind
    Rescue temporarily bonds your life with an ally, causing healing either of you receive to also heal the bonded partner for 40% of the amount. Lasts 5 sec.

Call of Ysera
    Rescue increases the effectiveness of your next Dream Breath by 40%, or your next Living Flame by 100%.

Time of Need
    When you or an ally fall below 20% health, a version of yourself enters your timeline and heals them for (430% of Spell power). Your alternate self continues healing for 8 sec before returning to their timeline.

May only occur once every 90 sec.

requires 20 talents in Preservation

Sacral Empowerment
    Consuming a full Temporal Compression grants you Essence Burst.

Exhilarating Burst
    Each time you gain Essence Burst, your critical healing is increased by 50% for 8 sec.

Grove Tender
    Dream Breath, Spiritbloom, and Emerald Blossom cost 10% less mana.

Font of Magic
    Your empower spells' maximum level is increased by 1.

Temporal Artificer
    Rewind's cooldown is reduced by 60 sec.

Borrowed Time
    Rewind has 2 charges, but its healing is reduced by 50%.

Energy Loop
    Disintegrate generates 1200 mana over its duration.

Time Keeper
    Reversion has 2 charges.

Renewing Breath (3 points)
    Allies healed by Dream Breath are healed for an additional 10%/ 20%/ 30% over 8 sec.

Grace Period (3 points)
    Your healing is increased by 5%/ 10%/ 15% on targets with your Reversion.

Timeless Magic (3 points)
    Reversion, Time Dilation, and Echo last 2/ 4/ 6 seconds longer.

Cycle of Life
    Emerald Blossom leaves behind a tiny sprout which gathers 5% of your healing over 10 sec. The sprout then heals allies within 25 yards, divided evenly among targets.

PVP Talents

Time Stop (Bronze)
    Freeze an ally's timestream for 4 sec. While frozen in time they are invulnerable, cannot act, and auras do not progress.

You may reactivate Time Stop to end this effect early. 2 min cooldown.

Obsidian Mettle
    Obsidian Scales grants immunity to interrupt, silence, and pushback effects.

Scouring Flame
    Fire Breath burns away 1 beneficial Magic effect per empower level from all targets.

Chrono Loop
    Trap the enemy in a time loop for 5s. Afterwards, they are returned to their previous location and health. 1.5 min cooldown.

Dream Projection
    Summon a flying projection of yourself that heals allies you pass through for (200% of Spell power). Detonating your projection dispels all nearby allies of Magical effects, and heals for (2000% of Spell power) over 20 sec. 1.5 min cooldown.

BUILDS

PVE - Raiding
    PVE - Mythic+

PVP - RBG
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VVUUUE8VVQMEBU

This build

PVP - Arenas

RESOURCES
    Talent Calculator - https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...r/preservation
    Last edited by Vanyali; 2022-07-19 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The list is mainly for easy searching/ reference, trying to find a specific talent in the tree with it so new is a huge pain. Builds will be linked using calculators of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually quite surprised that you can make your Preservaiton Evoker more Bronze-based than Green-based. I wonder what the implications of that is, in that what would be the best way to go? Mainly Bronze? Mainly Green? A mixture of both? It's quite interesting.

I gotta say, the idea of playing a Bronze dragon that can manipulate time to heal sounds pretty damn cool. It's a healing theme I've wanted in the game for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm actually quite surprised that you can make your Preservaiton Evoker more Bronze-based than Green-based. I wonder what the implications of that is, in that what would be the best way to go? Mainly Bronze? Mainly Green? A mixture of both? It's quite interesting.

I gotta say, the idea of playing a Bronze dragon that can manipulate time to heal sounds pretty damn cool. It's a healing theme I've wanted in the game for a long time.
    You can, but it's really not ideal... the best way that I've found right now is bronze to ramp, green to unload. Echo-Spiritbloom build with stasis is looking very powerful, if boring, and emerald blossom explosions are going to let you aoe heal like a mother with cycle.

They aimed for this split in the spec (Red / Blue and Bronze / Greenz) and I like their approach, but they're only halfway there. Why is there no Bronze empower skill? There is some weird placement of skills in both talent trees as well which makes this split even harder to accomplish. But that's quite an easy fix.

What I do not like is the lack of an empower skill that clearly gets stronger for single target healing. Both of Preservation's empower skills are AoE skills when empowered (and one is already in its base form). I really think Spiritbloom should maybe get a single target HoT when empowered or whatever, it doesn't need to split targets imho, we have enough AoE heals already.

Otherwise I really like the spec, more than I thought. I think Rescue is terrible due to positioning reasons, but besides that everything looks quite good. I wish Preservation had a talent for one more essence like Devastation.

Reversion is basically our "Riptide" and the centerpiece of the spec as it gets so many buffs and benefits through talents. What I would like to see is the Living Flame talent from Devastation to be a talent for Preservation as well so you can ramp up the HoT effect on the tank for example.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This is the (spec) build I would use for dungeons, 5-man content and maybe PvP: https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VRUFUNRQETxCFA - I'd like to pick - Exhilarating Burst: Each time you gain Essence Burst, your critical healing is increased by 50% for 8 sec - but I don't have a spare point left.

Heavily focused on Bronze spells for healing, main stat would be Crit chance. Playstyle would be:

- To put as much Reversions on group members as possible
    - Living Flame as the go to heal
    - Echo into Reversion or Living Flame
    - Spirit Bloom / Dream Breath to consume 4 stacks of Temporal Compression for an Essence Burst
    - Essence Burst mostly used for Echos into double Reversions or Living Flames

Goal is to delay damage as much as possible and then heal it via HoTs (Reversion) or strong direct heals (Living Flame). This build lacks excessive group healing powers, but that's not what it aims for.

What I haven't found out yet: Can you put a double Reversion on targets with Stasis like you can with Echo?

My only major issue with Preservation right now is that there is no Bronze empower spell. No idea why they gave Devastation Blue and Red ones while Preservation only gets two Green ones. Maybe they should make Temporal Anomaly an Empower skill which increases its radius and duration by charging up to give Bronze a good AoE healing skill.

What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-21 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They aimed for this split in the spec (Red / Blue and Bronze / Greenz) and I like their approach, but they're only halfway there. Why is there no Bronze empower skill? There is some weird placement of skills in both talent trees as well which makes this split even harder to accomplish. But that's quite an easy fix.

What I do not like is the lack of an empower skill that clearly gets stronger for single target healing. Both of Preservation's empower skills are AoE skills when empowered (and one is already in its base form). I really think Spiritbloom should maybe get a single target HoT when empowered or whatever, it doesn't need to split targets imho, we have enough AoE heals already.

Otherwise I really like the spec, more than I thought. I think Rescue is terrible due to positioning reasons, but besides that everything looks quite good. I wish Preservation had a talent for one more essence like Devastation.

Reversion is basically our "Riptide" and the centerpiece of the spec as it gets so many buffs and benefits through talents. What I would like to see is the Living Flame talent from Devastation to be a talent for Preservation as well so you can ramp up the HoT effect on the tank for example.
    While there’s no Bronze empower skill, I do like their general approach with Bronze magic. I got to give credit to the design time for coming up with some pretty neat approaches to time magic.

Also they updated the talent tree. Things got moved around, and I think some new stuff was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

What I haven't found out yet: Can you put a double Reversion on targets with Stasis like you can with Echo?
    No. It refreshes and overwrites the current Reversion, so if you have a crit build that built a big reversion it goes away. The crit healing from Exhilarating Burst is now 20% and important to note it only increases the healing a crit does, not crit chance.

The only problem i have in the build is that it leans to ST healing and spot healing which isn't really Preservation's specialty. Temporal Anomaly suffers the same problems as Frozen Orb and costs an insane amount of mana to boot. You're giving it up for Cycle or Dream Flight which are both insanely good (DF is surely going to be toned down because the healing is absolutely insane), with Cycle working very well with Stasis in PVP and high burst dungeons.

I'll be updating the main thread shortly, few more resources and swap around talent positions / descriptions. Been a crazy week.

Seems like they want Temporal Ability to be indeed the Bronze AoE healing spell. The new talent consuming Echos to make this skill stronger could be incredibly strong when groups are stacked, but with spread healing I see issues.

Personally I dislike Cycle because it's such a random and unreliable thing in my opinion, I prefer a more active playstyle.

So, Temporal Anomaly is the major focus of changes and I think that's good, because rest of Preservation looks fine. When they can make this ability finally useful, Evoker will be an incredible healer. I like that they made it an absorb instead of a heal, too.

FYI (newest build):

Temporal Anomaly absorbs damage, rather than healing. Absorb shield stacks up to 3 times and lasts 15 seconds. Now only shields 2 allies at a time (was 3).
    Temporal Anomaly will immediately slow down upon reaching an ally, even if they are full health. Speed adjusted to 10 yards per second base, 2.5 yards per sec when reaching an ally.
    Temporal Anomaly mana cost reduced to 7.5% base mana (was 11.5%).
    Temporal Disruption removed.
    Flow State renamed to Rush of Vitality.
    New: Flow State – Empower spells cause time to move 5/10% faster for you for 5 seconds. In Resonating Sphere’s old position.
    Nozdormu’s Teachings causes Temporal Anomaly to shield 1 additional target, for a total of 3 targets each pulse.
    Resonating Sphere now an A/B choice against Nozdormu’s Teachings. Causes Echo to be applied by Temporal Anomaly at 30% value.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with Evokers getting a version of Bloodlust/Timewarp, what do people think of Preservation's position as a raid healer/support?

So with Evokers getting a version of Bloodlust/Timewarp, what do people think of Preservation's position as a raid healer/support?
    Evokers won't get a raid spot simply because of Lust because multiple classes have it. They will mainly be brought for their buff. There will always be a want to have one Evoker in a raid, but it would be how both the dps and healing spec are balanced is to what is brought to the raid. Chances of needing more than one Evoker in a raid is probably low unless they are super broken to start the expansion.

How does a 25yard range heal fit into a 40yd range healing world, is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    How does a 25yard range heal fit into a 40yd range healing world, is the question.
    Yeah it's the biggest downside. It works if Evokers are destined to be melee healers (aka Paladins) or position themselves between the ranged and the melee camp, which would be an awkward solution.

Evokers will be great stacked healers, not so good in spread scenarios. I think they will rival Restoration Shamans, if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Massive amounts of mobility.

Mobility is irrelevant with proper positioning. If someone told me a healer has a 25y range and every other one has 40y, I wouldn't touch that healer. If there's one thing I learned from MW when I played it on release, it's that I would never touch a healer on release again. This is especially true of a healer trying to fit the niche that this one is. If I wanted to limit myself with a niche I'd play a Resto Shaman and actually feel powerful.
    Last edited by La; 2022-09-18 at 02:20 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive amount of Mobility is not enough as it is right now. I have played and watched too many guys playing evoker they have one common comment and it is that evoker is dog shit in pvp. Because it doesnt have actually massive amount of Mobility i mean real Mobility because it doesnt take you far. Even while walk casting you are simply just 25 yards away. And you have two breath abilities which are your real escape buttons and they put you out of range of your team mates what a great design ggs.
    Last edited by Puxycat; 2022-09-18 at 02:31 PM.
    A very cool signature text.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Massive amount of Mobility is not enough as it is right now. I have played and watched too many guys playing evoker they have one common comment and it is that evoker is dog shit in pvp. Because it doesnt have actually massive amount of Mobility i mean real Mobility because it doesnt take you far. Even while walk casting you are simply just 25 yards away. And you have two breath abilities which are your real escape buttons and they put you out of range of your team mates what a great design ggs.
    Mobility doesn't help when you have no casts to support that playstyle. Druid is very mobile because it has a ton of instant heals that it can throw left and right. Evoker simply hasn't which renders its mobility useless. Another problem in raids is that mobility doesn't help you with healing when other healers can get the job done without the hassle. And in that case why even bring an Evoker when you can have a Restoration Shaman (which will be the better stacked healer anyway) or a Druid? The limited range is a massive problem and will get changed, if not for 10.0 then for 10.1 or 10.2. It simply has no place in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    That won't be enough, it is going to be completely useless for strategies that require specific positioning greater than 25 yards. I suspect they'll just drop the 25yard nonsense at some point to match it to every other healer/ranged dps, because Blizzard is either going to have to design every encounter around allowing such a strange distance or the class is just going to be benched for the sole reason of its range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.