Poll: Hype Level Dragonflight

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    solid 3, it feels rushed, and I'm yet convinced they learned from the mess that was SL. I'm also in the group of not wanting more cross-faction stuff which I think will happen, nor do I think they learned from Torgh on how to make good solo content since they made it worse and worse over the course of SL imo
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Looking forward to the content and experiencing it without any secondary borrowed power systems this time around.

But as I'll likely continue to main my shaman as always, it'll heavily depend on the talent rework.

In other words, I don't know yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted 1, but its actually a 0 after all the news from the last few days. Sucks cause ive been wanting dragon isles since they were datamined in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate saying this but honestly, mid. 5/10. I'm only excited about getting to explore the new zones and see what the new dungeons are like, but all of that will wear off in like a month. Right now it doesn't look like there's a whole lot to keep players interested long-term. Dracthyr and Evokers look and sound terrible in every way.

I am ambivalent right now. Like the direction and content but for the first time in wows history i don't like the art direction they are taking....

I voted a 3.

I tried getting fun out of WoW the last couple expansions but was trying to fit in with a group i was no longer a part of.
    I stayed in a guild that i used to raid with to play with a couple people i was still friends with. I lived with terrible internet and could no longer join raids reliably, ending up not playing but always hoping it would draw me back in.

Living somewhere new with better, more stable internet but i dont know if finding another group to play with is going to be a hurdle that will stop me getting back to it tho.

Extremely low, on par with BFA (which i did not even touch at the end).
    SL on beginning had atleast one very interesting thing for me - Thorgast.
    I do not see ANYHTING that would be make back to the game for now.

6, i've been burned before.

Story - havn't had one i cared for since MoP, so would be statistically unlikely to get one now.

Gameplay - New talent system has potential. Especially interested in talent combos we couldn't take before, and of course new talent/abilities. Don't care about dragonriding (its not bad, just not the type of content i expect to like).

Gave up on mop style warlocks, they're not gonna do any big revmaps when they're focused on making the new talent system.

New dungeons/raids/arena possible combos always nice.

Grind level - Lack of borrowed power and hopefully lack of mandatory activity in content you hate (choregast) is good.

All in all, 6 represents some hype but more wariness then before BFA.

Solid 8.
    New class, check
    It's ranged, double check!
    Return of talent trees, check
    Raiding and m+ still pillars of pve, check
    Forced personal loot gone, check
    Dragon riding looking good, check

2 points down from max since professions are being overcomplicated and because crafted consumables also have multiple quality ranks, which sucks for (high-end) raiders.

I'd give it a 9 so far
    New race and class which has a ton of synergy and a modern feel
    No new systems
    New and improved UI, goodbye ELVUI apart for extra action bars. Can also save, share and import them.
    Profession Revamp, hopefully more RPG which WoW has lost over the years making it feel like an action game
    Group loot is returning for raiding!
    No new systems
    New talent trees, can change talents whenever. (Can also save, share and import saves, with more playstyle options per spec)
    A more grounded expansion and story vs cosmic, plus the return of Khadgar
    Dragon riding is a much needed improvement over the old boring slow flying.
    No legendary system, here's hoping they continue with the odd class specific drop from bosses to make them feel more special, or a legendary questline like MoP to work towards throughout the different patches.
    No new systems

For a 10, we'd need a world revamp aimed at Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    Flight revamp, swimming revamp, the return of class halls or player housing
    and no more systems
    Last edited by MightyWarrior; 2022-07-17 at 03:31 PM.

Looking at the new talent trees and the dragon isles, 10/10 like WotLK level hype for me. But as soon as I see Drakthyr my interest tanks. So overall I'd say 6-7/10 just because I'm genuinely worried all the world building is going to go to hell in the face of this new race/class.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Extremely low, on par with BFA (which i did not even touch at the end).
    SL on beginning had atleast one very interesting thing for me - Thorgast.
    I do not see ANYHTING that would be make back to the game for now.
    Curious, what are your opinions on torghast nowadays? Wonder if people who were curious (like me back then) still see it fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Curious, what are your opinions on torghast nowadays? Wonder if people who were curious (like me back then) still see it fondly.
    I had big hopes BEFORE SL release as it is the topic of this thread.
    I am very big fan of Binding of Isaac so WoW ingame dungeon crawler sounded great.
    After relase it was amazing for 1st time... then okayish for 2 more weeks... then became too easy after finishing all achievements and absolute chore so i quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I try to avoid "hype" in all its forms, holding my opinion until I can finally lay my hands on a thing in the right context (e.g. during Live) and judge it for myself. The only prejudging I'll tend to do is whether I plan on playing a game when it is released, or waiting for reviews on the game to emerge after it's released and seeing what people say about it. Unsure if that alone qualifies as any degree of hype on my part.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

PvP seems like it’s gonna be good
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Yes it's still Alpha and I'll keep watching, but MAN it is not going up for me in the slightest. I am not hopeful that I'll ever actually buy DF.

dragonflight literally looks like the worst expansion ever. Blows my mind that people bitch and moan every expansion and then still get hyped for alpha.

4 for expansion, 6 for the final 10.2 patch.

Sitting at a 6 currently more for interest in whats coming. Not enough for me to get hyped about.

Yes Evoker looks like it may be fun to play but still way too early in regards to the rest of the expansion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    It's literally the first Alpha build...
    Homie they are planning on releasing it in 5 months.