Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well let's put it together;

Obsidian Scales: 200+ Armor (2.5 min CD/ 1.5 min CD talented)
    Tempered Scales: 4% magic damage reduction (passive)
    Draconic Legacy: 4% stamina increase (passive)
    Twin Guardian: 30% of health damage absorb
    Renewing Blaze: Heal based on damage taken
    Cauterizing Flames: debuff removal + heal (1 min CD)

That doesn't look bad.
    It's not hunter squishiness that's for sure, but overall it's pretty middling as far as survivability goes.

They do have good mobility to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Basic blaster gameplay obfuscated by flashy movement abilities, it's DH all over again. Whatever happened to spell synergy?

Also, I'm very disappointed how near exclusive dps = red, blue and heals = green, bronze it is, I was expecting more cross-over. And yeah I get Blizzard didn't feel up to making at tank spec but why does a class made by Deathwing have like two black dragon flight abilities?
    Shouldn't Red be healing? Blue and Green DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If I was being uncharitable I would suggest it's because of recent incidents meaning blizzard didn't want to court controversy by having both female aspects aligned with a healing spec, that and Alexstrasza is the box character so they want to associate her with dps since more people play dps.
    More charitably, blizzard having been kicking around the idea of a healing time mage for years and they thought evoker was the time to pull the trigger.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Some red abilities damage and heal depending on target. Unsure on green, but green probably shouldn't do any damage period. Red can go either way thematically but green historically has been more associated with healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    If I was being uncharitable I would suggest it's because of recent incidents meaning blizzard didn't want to court controversy by having both female aspects aligned with a healing spec, that and Alexstrasza is the box character so they want to associate her with dps since more people play dps.
    More charitably, blizzard having been kicking around the idea of a healing time mage for years and they thought evoker was the time to pull the trigger.
    You're overthinking this.

Red should have more healing focus, but just like with monks and chi-ji and the jade serpent, in peoples mind, red = danger, green = safe, so I think that struck again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a pretty strong healing component in Red spells.