Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    I guess people don't see the difference between dracthyr and dragons.
    Why should their shape-shifting abilities be fucked up? And if it is fucked up, why use it, unlike dragons they aren't massive and don't need it to properly interact with mortals.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why should their shape-shifting abilities be fucked up? And if it is fucked up, why use it, unlike dragons they aren't massive and don't need it to properly interact with mortals.
    Question that in air for whole Dracthyr debate!

There a "catch", blizzard df team lazzy, that they can't waste time to implement riding on mount "pose" to Dracthyr dragon form, so essentially visage form exist only so Dracthyr would be able to ride old mounts.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-18 at 05:59 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    They need it because of distrust, it's fucked up because they probably didn't learn how to turn into anything else before their stasis. Dragons are still a higher being than dracthyr, as the dracthyr were created by a dragon. They don't have all their powers and it would be best if everyone didn't think they were as powerful as dragons. It only sets you up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    They need it because of distrust, it's fucked up because they probably didn't learn how to turn into anything else before their stasis.
    Again they are so bad at it it becomes immediately obvious they are drac'thyr with their glued on scales sticking out everywhere, meaning they have no real reason to disguise themselves to begin with.

They don't have all their powers and it would be best if everyone didn't think they were as powerful as dragons. It only sets you up for disappointment.
    This has literally nothing to do with power just basic logic, if you can't disguise yourself with your visage, then it is useless.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again they are so bad at it it becomes immediately obvious they are drac'thyr with their glued on scales sticking out everywhere, meaning they have no real reason to disguise themselves to begin with.

This has literally nothing to do with power just basic logic, if you can't disguise yourself with your visage, then it is useless.
    They aren't disguising themselves to be hidden, they are going in their Visage form to gain ties with the Horde or alliance. Again, they aren't as powerful as dragons, nor should they be. Their dracthyr form is their form in combat, they don't want to be scaring the people 24/7. You people who want them to have all the powers of dragons and can't see the difference between them are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They could literally not even add the horn options to any other race, even though it should theoretically be as easy as adding in helmets as cuatomization options; they already have placement points for doodads like that. But Chromie and Ebonhorn don't have horns. Theyre choosing to look like mortals.

I just dont see why they should be so limited to blood elf male and human female. Any of the time they spent on the visage form (and they spent A LOT) could have been used to give scale options to the other races, or adding new hairstyles to existing races.
    I agree with this 100% not only would it save development time it would make sense, since dragons in the lore can already take many forms. And then could spend more time on the dragon form itself.

I'm gonna throw on my tinfoil hat and say visage forms were an excuse to just add super lgbt feminine twink models in the game. I saw the customazations for the males... they look like 13 year old boys with makeup. They reminded me of those drag queens at libraries with the horns lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They can keep adding more visage form races in the future.
    If old races will lost their exclusive look and dracthyr will get more classes so anyone can just create dracthyr while being any race in the game there would be literaly no reason to play anything els but dracthyr.

You need to have some sort of exclusive look for old races otherwise we will have entire realm filled with dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They can keep adding more visage form races in the future.
    They can remove the visage form entirely in the future.

Posthaste.

I don't think the horns are the issue... it's the textures most likely.

I agree they should've done it though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Agreed. Dracthyr should have just been a class as far as gameplay is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    If old races will lost their exclusive look and dracthyr will get more classes so anyone can just create dracthyr while being any race in the game there would be literaly no reason to play anything els but dracthyr.

You need to have some sort of exclusive look for old races otherwise we will have entire realm filled with dragons.
    Nah. Just keep the Evoker-exclusive class for Dracthyr. So its like Death Knights but without racial abilities because youre not technically the non-dragon race. Every Evoker is a dragon, every tank is not.

I imagine the reason not to do this is because they're planning a transformation animation similar to worgen. They'd have to program/animate/rig a different one for every race.

I agree. The visage model should be any race.

They just chose to only use the most popular races and left the other races behind. And I mean, at least they could have used also the female Blood Elf model and the male Human, but oh well...

Fully agree. But of course it won't happen, even now where 90% of the feedback on the visage forms is negative.

It was a stupid idea to limit the new class to this one race in the first place, a collossal step back from the way to removing class/race restrictions and it happened why?

Because Blizzard didn't have enough time? Please. They cancelled a full patch in SLs and are still delaying the release of DF by several month. Plus, they only add halve the amount of new dungeons and add no new game mode or borrowed power mechanic that would usually eat dev time... They have all the time in the fuckin world to do this.

The reason is simple: They don't want to. Just as they didn't want to listen on Covenants, Torghast and everything else that they have been given feedback on. As usuall they will just ignore it because their artistict vision is all they care about. Only to see numbers go down after the initial release and then they will give us what we want two patches later and promise they have learned and will listen in the future. I am so tired of this spiel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I imagine the reason not to do this is because they're planning a transformation animation similar to worgen. They'd have to program/animate/rig a different one for every race.
    Some of the PTR footage actually has the transformation animation displayed. It doesn't appear to be anything specific to the model itself, it instead kind of goes around the model.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    human and blood elf model are most popular? people like how gear fits them etc. Why they didn't bother with male human or female blood elf model is weirder to me..
    Shame they didn't do a stance difference.. it would have helped A LOT to not make it so obvious we are playing human and blood elves.

I don't believe that lore reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Just use an existing transform animation from visage to dracthyr, and use a custom one from dracthyr to visage.

I feel like trading every playable race for one animation isnt a fair trade lol.

Forget about the lore, it is empty drivel written by talentless hacks. Everyone is overlooking the obvious fuck up here. By race locking the Evoker to one race, they cut off an important revenue stream: Race changes. At 25 USD a pop, a thousand players race changing every day equals $9.12 million a year from race changes, over an expansion's 2-year span let's say $20 million. The source for these numbers is my ass. If Evokers end up being played as much as Demon Hunters are now (7.8%) then the decision to limit Evokers to Dracthyr would deprive the company of $1.56 million from race change services alone. Knowing Blizzard they probably just completely overlooked this.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Blizzard is lazy, what did you expect?
    Classic BS non-argument.

Blizzard has their own vision of something and doesn't do all the crap people (known for bad takes) suggest. If Blizzard weren't "lazy" and did everything OP suggested, no one would play this game for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Forget about the lore, it is empty drivel written by talentless hacks. Everyone is overlooking the obvious fuck up here. By race locking the Evoker to one race, they cut off an important revenue stream: Race changes. At 25 USD a pop, a thousand players race changing every day equals $9.12 million a year from race changes, over an expansion's 2-year span let's say $20 million. The source for these numbers is my ass. If Evokers end up being played as much as Demon Hunters are now (7.8%) then the decision to limit Evokers to Dracthyr would deprive the company of $1.56 million from race change services alone. Knowing Blizzard they probably just completely overlooked this.
    Nice mental gymnastics.