Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Classic BS non-argument.

    Blizzard has their own vision of something and doesn't do all the crap people (known for bad takes) suggest. If Blizzard weren't "lazy" and did everything OP suggested, no one would play this game for real.
    But their vision is lazy and bad.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    But their vision is lazy and bad.
    If they made visage form any race then they wouldn't have all the customisation options like they do for the current ones.

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they made visage form any race then they wouldn't have all the customisation options like they do for the current ones.
    Well If they weren't so lazy they could have done that but seeing how bad the visage forms look, i would say that's a good thing.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Well If they weren't so lazy they could have done that but seeing how bad the visage forms look, i would say that's a good thing.
    Yeah I'm sure the art team is sitting on their ass all day and doing nothing. Especially in an industry full of crunch time and underpaid work.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah I'm sure the art team is sitting on their ass all day and doing nothing. Especially in an industry full of crunch time and underpaid work.
    I won't pretend i know how games are made but i'd bet the higher ups tell them what and how much to make. If it is all up to the art team then they suck at their jobs.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Question that in air for whole Dracthyr debate!


    There a "catch", blizzard df team lazzy, that they can't waste time to implement riding on mount "pose" to Dracthyr dragon form, so essentially visage form exist only so Dracthyr would be able to ride old mounts.
    I wish people would stop saying Blizz are lazy... Honestly if you think you can go do a better job then go make an MMO of your own seeming as you are so perfect... Just go away and stop being such a dick about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    But their vision is lazy and bad.
    You too, you think they're so lazy go make your own game... see how much work goes into 3D modelling and texturing then come back and complain about lazyness...

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You too, you think they're so lazy go make your own game... see how much work goes into 3D modelling and texturing then come back and complain about lazyness...
    I know making a game is a lot of work. Doesn't mean some parts of it can't be super lazy.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I know making a game is a lot of work. Doesn't mean some parts of it can't be super lazy.
    You have no ground to stand to say such things in that case... Unless you actually know what texture wrapping and creation consists of I would keep my opinions to myself if I were you.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You have no ground to stand to say such things in that case... Unless you actually know what texture wrapping and creation consists of I would keep my opinions to myself if I were you.
    So you're saying you need to make a game to know it's hard work? I see... I guess you have made some then right?

    You don't need to be a master game designer to see how low effort some things are.

  10. #50
    Im fine with the model, but they should have included male human and female belf as well.
    Would be a fun RPG-choice if you choose to go left and met a human, right to meet a belf and then your form pwrmanently became the race you saw first

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    So you're saying you need to make a game to know it's hard work? I see... I guess you have made some then right?

    You don't need to be a master game designer to see how low effort some things are.
    I'm saying for you to be going around saying someone's work without said experience and knowledge in the work yourself is extremely disrespectful and rude, personally I have done some model rigging in the past and getting something as simple as a knee bending to the right angle without breaking other shit can take hours...

    Blizz may have a huge team but those team member are on a timeframe of how long they can spend on a particular asset, you have no idea how it works so you should not have an opinion on it.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I'm saying for you to be going around saying someone's work without said experience and knowledge in the work yourself is extremely disrespectful and rude, personally I have done some model rigging in the past and getting something as simple as a knee bending to the right angle without breaking other shit can take hours...

    Blizz may have a huge team but those team member are on a timeframe of how long they can spend on a particular asset, you have no idea how it works so you should not have an opinion on it.
    Wow this is a bad take. Even if someone was an expert in said field they were making an opinion on I guarantee you would still find something wrong with it just because it doesn't align with your own. The wonderful thing about opinions is whether or not you like it everyone is entitled to have their own no matter how stupid, disrespectful, or rude you think said opinion is. If you don't like that well, tough shit. If someone feels that the work they've seen is lazy so be it, they can feel that way, there's no need to get personally offended over it.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Blizz may have a huge team but those team member are on a timeframe of how long they can spend on a particular asset, you have no idea how it works so you should not have an opinion on it.
    Well i do have a opinion of the product they are showing off. That opinion is with how big their team is and how much money blizzard has, this is lazy crap.

  14. #54
    Blademaster Bellows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    28
    I work in software development so what people here are calling "lazy" looks to me like the team making decisions on priorities. Also giving people the ability to choose their race for visage form would seemingly have saved them a lot of resources over what we are getting with all the customizations, so I don't think it's fair to call this laziness. Now you could reprioritize to have all the customization options and the ability to choose any race as your visage, but in doing so you either push timelines or you lose something else that they were working on.

    And just to address this, since this seems to always come up in these types of discussions, throwing more resources at the problem often doesn't help. If the team is staffed appropriately (I am giving them the benefit of the doubt) there is a point of diminishing returns on adding more people to the team. It creates more entropy, more points of failure, and more oversight to just keep adding people to the point where you see no real gains.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27s_law

  15. #55
    Over 9000! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    9,265
    Yeah, IMO instead of pumping like 70 new customization options into reskins of the male blood elf and female human model, they should have done like 2-3 skin/face options + the horns for all the races.

    A little late for that, though.


    Edit: And when you call game developers lazy, you kind of immediately discredit your argument. You can blame it on poor decision making or not having their priorities right or whatever, but the people making the games are often overworked to the point of burnout.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-07-19 at 03:21 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Well i do have a opinion of the product they are showing off. That opinion is with how big their team is and how much money blizzard has, this is lazy crap.
    Your opinion is invalid in that case, your ignorance is just rampant.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Well i do have a opinion of the product they are showing off. That opinion is with how big their team is and how much money blizzard has, this is lazy crap.
    Obviously, waste resources on adding a massive host of customization options to all races for the benefit of a single class instead of investing that time and those resources into making new, better customization options for all races later down the line which are not limited to a single class.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellows View Post
    I work in software development so what people here are calling "lazy" looks to me like the team making decisions on priorities. Also giving people the ability to choose their race for visage form would seemingly have saved them a lot of resources over what we are getting with all the customizations, so I don't think it's fair to call this laziness. Now you could reprioritize to have all the customization options and the ability to choose any race as your visage, but in doing so you either push timelines or you lose something else that they were working on.

    And just to address this, since this seems to always come up in these types of discussions, throwing more resources at the problem often doesn't help. If the team is staffed appropriately (I am giving them the benefit of the doubt) there is a point of diminishing returns on adding more people to the team. It creates more entropy, more points of failure, and more oversight to just keep adding people to the point where you see no real gains.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27s_law
    That's my opinion, but more adequate and eloquently stated.

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Obviously, waste resources on adding a massive host of customization options to all races for the benefit of a single class instead of investing that time and those resources into making new, better customization options for all races later down the line which are not limited to a single class.
    This is the new boy their showing off to sell dragonflight. This is the time to stop being lazy and put the resources in.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This is the new boy their showing off to sell dragonflight. This is the time to stop being lazy and put the resources in.
    Yes, squander resources for hype. That turned out so well the last few expansions.

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Yes, squander resources for hype. That turned out so well the last few expansions.
    It's not just hype if it turns out to be good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •