Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Longer pre patch?

Just found this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XihpFoi_ut0

Since Evoker is getting their own unity legendary wich currently requires them to be revered with The Enlightened. (Can change ofc)
    I'm curious if the pre patch is going to last a bit longer then normal pre patch durations have been. If the pre patch is 3 weeks long, grinding for a unity legendary is not worth it if you are gonna be able to use it for a few days before the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post

Since Evoker is getting their own unity legendary wich currently requires them to be revered with The Enlightened. (Can change ofc)
    I'm curious if the pre patch is going to last a bit longer then normal pre patch durations have been. If the pre patch is 3 weeks long, grinding for a unity legendary is not worth it if you are gonna be able to use it for a few days before the next expansion.
    If you have Unity unlocked on another char you can just craft it on an alt 291.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In some early interview they said event will last 2 weeks, so I expect 3 weeks pre-patch (Evoker coming on week 2). Things may change of course, but don't take soulbinds as some proof, especially since Blizzard only introduce some basic ones + unity legendary so Evoker would be able to wear 2. Demon Hunter got some basic set from Hellfire Citadel too if I remember correctly.

And yeah, no grinding during pre-patch would be needed. I already collected account-wide tokens for evoker, so he will be able to get 246 sandworn gear (and upgrade it if some set will be introduced) 2 legos and 278 conduits instantly after finishing starting zone.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-08-15 at 09:09 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

do you need a character at max level to make an Evoker? and as someone said, as long as a character has unlocked Unity then it's available to all; so the Evoker themselves wouldn't need to unlock it. obviously it's a different story if someone has come back after not playing 9.2 and wants to play Evoker. I have a feeling we could see a return of the xp/rep buff that they sometimes drop to help make the grind a little less taxing

We've already been told we are getting a very short prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We were told the event would be two weeks, not how long the pre-patch would be. Could quite easily end up being that you have a couple of weeks, or even a month of pre-patch before any actual events begin. Vaguely remember that being the case for Legion in order to give Demon Hunters an opportunity to level to full and raid and such without missing out on the invasion events.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that they will feature the new talent trees as well in the pre-patch. If that would be the case, then the pre-patch will be longer, to accomodate for the learning-curve and speccing.

But... if they will release the trees in DF, then we might end up with a very short prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I would assume that they will feature the new talent trees as well in the pre-patch. If that would be the case, then the pre-patch will be longer, to accomodate for the learning-curve and speccing.

But... if they will release the trees in DF, then we might end up with a very short prepatch
    Of course the trees are in prepatch. Anything else would be totally revolutionary in WoW history, not to mention—to my best understanding—technologically impossible in WoW as it stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Yes i also see a longer prepatch
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account

Most likely a maximum of 4 weeks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We were told the event would be two weeks, not how long the pre-patch would be. Could quite easily end up being that you have a couple of weeks, or even a month of pre-patch before any actual events begin. Vaguely remember that being the case for Legion in order to give Demon Hunters an opportunity to level to full and raid and such without missing out on the invasion events.
    DH launched 3 weeks before Legion same time Broken Shore started. First 3 weeks were just class changes (and introducing transmog tab), dunno why it lasted so long, week is enough and people get more time to get rewards that goes away (which is even more relevant at the end of SL cause last season is short).

In BfA it was one week, in SL that was plan, but of course whole launch was moved that created really long pre-patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think that we'll likely be looking at a slightly short pre-patch. Tomorrow starts Week 3 of Season 4, with SotFO as the raid of choice. Then the raid cycles start over again on 8/23, with the next few cycle restarts coming on 9/13, 10/4, 10/25, & 11/15 if it goes that long. 12/6 is the next one after that. My guess would be that they'll try to get Evokers out for at least one full raid cycle to give people a bit of time to play with them, hence the Unity Legendary.

Given that Wrath Classic is set to release on 9/26, I think perhaps that 10/25 cycle may be the one they aim for to get the prepatch/Dracthyr out. This works to a 3 week pre-patch if the plan is to get DF out on 11/15 or so, but gives lots of extra time to work out issues while still hitting a 2022 release if needed. If they have enough of the DF stuff ready at this point, they may still opt to release the pre-patch on 10/25 even in this case to keep player interest high with the new class buying a bit of extra time. That's perhaps a bit more hopium on my part, but would be great for players to really get the hang of the Dracthyr and new talents & decide if they want to swap mains.

ZM campaign is not timegated anymore, you can quest up Unity on day 1 you get there.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    ZM campaign is not timegated anymore, you can quest up Unity on day 1 you get there.
    I think he was talking specifically about new players who are coming in and solely playing Evoker. because yeah you get the 265 belt but the memory itself still requires revered rep. it is account wide though so it only applies to new players who don't have the memory yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think he was talking specifically about new players who are coming in and solely playing Evoker. because yeah you get the 265 belt but the memory itself still requires revered rep. it is account wide though so it only applies to new players who don't have the memory yet
    Can new players come in and create evoker? Or does it need a lvl 60 char
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Can new players come in and create evoker? Or does it need a lvl 60 char
    I think it might be level 50. that's what google said anyway. as long as they have DF purchased they can make an evoker

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    This was the claim: "Since Evoker is getting their own unity legendary wich currently requires them to be revered with The Enlightened."

Which is not true. Sure if you want it on any other slot than belt one of your chars has to be revered. But to "get their own unity" all you have to to is a couple hours of questing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This was the claim: "Since Evoker is getting their own unity legendary wich currently requires them to be revered with The Enlightened."

Which is not true. Sure if you want it on any other slot than belt one of your chars has to be revered. But to "get their own unity" all you have to to is a couple hours of questing.
    yeah I agree with you. I was playing devil's advocate and assumed they were talking about a brand new player or a returning player getting a 291 unity legendary, which would take a bit of time to grind.

About a month long

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Have we heard anything on when it will arrive?

Afaik, DF doesnt even have a set release date yet, only "late 2022" ?