Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Dracthyr Visage should be ANY race.

    They could literally not even add the horn options to any other race, even though it should theoretically be as easy as adding in helmets as cuatomization options; they already have placement points for doodads like that. But Chromie and Ebonhorn don't have horns. Theyre choosing to look like mortals.

    I just dont see why they should be so limited to blood elf male and human female. Any of the time they spent on the visage form (and they spent A LOT) could have been used to give scale options to the other races, or adding new hairstyles to existing races.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

    I just dont see why they should be so limited to blood elf male and human female. Any of the time they spent on the visage form (and they spent A LOT) could have been used to give scale options to the other races, or adding new hairstyles to existing races.
    Because they didn't do the sensible thing of just giving the Drac'thyr the transform in any race card, without special customization, since the visage is just a damn skin suit at the end of day and then spend all their time to polish the actual important model, the dragon one.

    Fisthamming everything into another elf and human model is just do damn lazy.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2022-07-17 at 11:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They could literally not even add the horn options to any other race, even though it should theoretically be as easy as adding in helmets as cuatomization options; they already have placement points for doodads like that. But Chromie and Ebonhorn don't have horns. Theyre choosing to look like mortals.

    I just dont see why they should be so limited to blood elf male and human female. Any of the time they spent on the visage form (and they spent A LOT) could have been used to give scale options to the other races, or adding new hairstyles to existing races.
    Because you don't understand what the fck you're looking at.

    The visage from is not a "blood elf" or a "human". The visage from is an undefined genetical mix of "mortals" and "dragons.

    The reason they use the male belf and female human rigs is because Blizz was lazy to make a brand new one for this race.
    It has nothing to do with blood elves or humans.

    Chromie and Ebonhorn are actual dragons.
    Dracthyr are a half-failed genetical experiment. They are not dragons and can't do what actual dragons can do on the same level.

  4. #4
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,045
    They should, its the only logical and lorewise thing to do.

    But they will not, because they will say they can't, because they would need to do all the bullshit they did for the visage form to all races and they do n't want to do that work.

    And its amazing how people will go to defend this awful idea, thinking is better to have less options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Because you don't understand what the fck you're looking at.

    The visage from is not a "blood elf" or a "human". The visage from is an undefined genetical mix of "mortals" and "dragons.

    The reason they use the male belf and female human rigs is because Blizz was lazy to make a brand new one for this race.
    It has nothing to do with blood elves or humans.
    My dude, they straight up said - of course until they retcon or backtrack that, to my knowledge this didn't change since their last interview - that the dracthyr have the same rite of visage form the other dragons have, and they chose this form because they see the first people going to the isle, there is no such bullshit about "undefined genetical mix", because if that was true they would look like the ancient races not a blood elf.

    If they can turn into this they should be able to turn into any form, but blizzard is just too lstupid and decide to just add a bunch of nonsense into two models and call a day.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Because you don't understand what the fck you're looking at.

    The visage from is not a "blood elf" or a "human". The visage from is an undefined genetical mix of "mortals" and "dragons.

    The reason they use the male belf and female human rigs is because Blizz was lazy to make a brand new one for this race.
    It has nothing to do with blood elves or humans.

    Chromie and Ebonhorn are actual dragons.
    Dracthyr are a half-failed genetical experiment. They are not dragons and can't do what actual dragons can do on the same level.
    @Amnaught - Garymorlilx is right, this is not an elf or human, much like Zandalari, nightborne, void elves etc are playable races themselves based on existing races, these just use a model framework , in fact nearly every race new or not does so it isn't.

    however I also see your point, they could, even though it's not the fantasy or part of the story, it could become that and incorporate that - it doesn't make the current visage forms invalid, this is how races in warcraft work anyway.

    The versatility and story of the dragons does make expanding it to actually do a full race disguise (i.e use the models of other races) is something that can happen, I would even welcome it to be honest. and it would make the class more popular - especially if you don't want to lift the race restriction.

    In lore off course, dracthyr are only recently awoken so you could say they can't quite master the humanoid transformations s full fledged dragons, but in 2 years time they will be able too, allowing you to choose any race as a visage form inste d of it's traditional and existing forms.

    I made a topic that is already discussing this here anyway.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...agon-abilities


    The converse of adding other classes to Dracthyr is also possible as is adding the Evoker ot other races - but which is better - adding the Evoker to other races or adding visage form of other races to the Dracthyr

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They could literally not even add the horn options to any other race, even though it should theoretically be as easy as adding in helmets as cuatomization options; they already have placement points for doodads like that. But Chromie and Ebonhorn don't have horns. Theyre choosing to look like mortals.

    I just dont see why they should be so limited to blood elf male and human female. Any of the time they spent on the visage form (and they spent A LOT) could have been used to give scale options to the other races, or adding new hairstyles to existing races.
    Except back when they were created, there were only Tauren & High Mountain Tauren, Vry'kul/Humans, Night/High Elves, Trolls, and Goblins that existed when they were created. Dwarves were still Earthen, Gnomes were still Mechagnomnes. Draenei and Orcs were still not on the planet yet. Worgen were still only humans. Kul'tiras didn't even exist and there's no evidence the Vulpera were around.

    So no, they can't be "any race".

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,740
    Blizzard is lazy, what did you expect?

  8. #8
    I can agree with that. Frustrated when I wanted to be a human male but they give males blood elf and females get the human. So strange.
    Mighty one, never forget.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because they didn't do the sensible thing of just giving the Drac'thyr the transform in any race card, without special customization, since the visage is just a damn skin suit at the end of day and then spend all their time to polish the actual important model, the dragon one.

    Fisthamming everything into another elf and human model is just do damn lazy.
    The visage form is just as important.

    You get a regen buff out of it. You can only be in visage form while using mounts. They even made it immersive by having you go back into visage form when you exist combat if you entered it as visage form.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The visage form is just as important.

    You get a regen buff out of it. You can only be in visage form while using mounts. They even made it immersive by having you go back into visage form when you exist combat if you entered it as visage form.
    It shouldn't be, it is a very poor design choice in my opinion, a colossal waste of resources.

  11. #11
    I think they are doing it this way on purpose to piss everyone off, so that later when they inevitably make the obvious design choice they can pat themselves on the back for listening to the community, free points for their Microsoft KPIs I'm sure.
    You just lost The Game

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It shouldn't be, it is a very poor design choice in my opinion, a colossal waste of resources.
    They can keep adding more visage form races in the future.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,053
    Blizzard: We want our new race to be as expressive and unique as our players!
    Blizzard: But you can only have a Feminine Human body or a Masculine Elf Body.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They can keep adding more visage form races in the future.
    Again, I actually believe the whole visage thing is a colossal waste of resources, from start to finish. They look as if someone glued cheap plastic all over them

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Blizzard: We want our new race to be as expressive and unique as our players!
    Blizzard: But you can only have a Feminine Human body or a Masculine Elf Body.
    Nothing says shape-shifting race better, than being utterly atrocious at shape-shifting, being only able to produce a result that makes you immediately stand out and defeats the purpose of shape-shifting to begin with.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2022-07-18 at 02:33 AM.

  15. #15
    I find it mind boggling, it just seems like such an obvious solution!
    You could let players pick any existing race, everyone could just pick their favorite. And it would make perfect sense.
    It would have required basically no development.

    And it would look good, because the visage's they made look awful, the male ones in particular look like dragqueens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And lootboxes are awesome

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    the male ones in particular look like dragqueens.
    Do not insult drag Queens with this

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do not insult drag Queens with this
    Fair enough, I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And lootboxes are awesome

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    Fair enough, I apologize.
    Very good, that model looks more like someone a toddler assaulted with paint and glue

    Drag Queens have to put effort into their outfit XD

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Except back when they were created, there were only Tauren & High Mountain Tauren, Vry'kul/Humans, Night/High Elves, Trolls, and Goblins that existed when they were created. Dwarves were still Earthen, Gnomes were still Mechagnomnes. Draenei and Orcs were still not on the planet yet. Worgen were still only humans. Kul'tiras didn't even exist and there's no evidence the Vulpera were around.

    So no, they can't be "any race".
    .....This post was on the assumption that, like Worgen, they would acquire their form-switching button partway through the starting experience, as part of joining the *modern* Alliance or Horde.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-07-18 at 02:44 AM.

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    122
    I guess people don't see the difference between dracthyr and dragons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •