Poll: Dracthyr visage forms of other races or Evoker playable by other races

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Other races become Evokers or visage form of other races

towards the end of the expansion, it is likely we are going to have things open up for both Dracthyr or the Evoker class....

Question is, which would you prefer at the end of 10.0?

1. The Evoker to now be opened up to other races

2. The Dracthyr visage form able to now choose another race.

Do bear in mind, there will be restrictions either way... for example, if Evoker opens up to other races, I expect only magical races of larger size to ahve access (i.e. Draenei, green Orcs, Worgen, all Trolls, all elves, HM Tauren, Forsaken and Pandas) if Visage form could have other races (i think all races except maybe Forsaken and Mechagnomes could actually be selectable - really you could make every race have access in both cases, but I think doing a visage form of every race would be harder than opening up the Evoker class to other races. Because if you do the former, people will demand the current visage forms wide arragnemetn of customisations rather than just the race they want.

Who knows, which would you prefer

- - - Updated - - -

There is also the option of both.

I mean I can't think Dragons will do an undead visage form so they will technically miss out on that option, but Forsaken being able to become Evokers should be possible. The opposite is true for the small races like Goblin, Gnome, Mechagnome, Vulpera, Dwarf and Dark Iron, - they wouldn't be able to be Evoker ( to small or not intrinsically magical or both), however a Dracthyr should be able to take a visage form of all of them.

They could also in combination be restrictive - i.e. if your race can be an Evoker, then the Dracthyr can't take the visage form of that race. The only disadvantage here is off course when Dracthyr also become able to be other classes it may feel restrictive against those who were cut out because the race could become Evokers.

Also the combat limitation might be more restricted with the non-Dracthyr visage forms.. so you can only fight in combat with the original dracthyr visage form, if you have picked a visage form from an existing race, then you will always be in Dragon form for combat like the worgen. I can see this happening.

Realistically, it's either/or
    Both is possible, but realistically, one option pretty much makes the other fairly obsolete, even though both is possible, it's either or, an doff course neither is also - they are well within their rights to eave as is - that ist he concept of the race.

At the end of the day, Dracthyr are a dragon/humanoid hybrid - not a full dragon, so they don't have to follow the dragons perefectly meaning you can make up what you want for why they can't take on visage forms of any race like a dragon can or limit this ability to only ever being able to use one race's visage form - and that is selected at character creation.

What they won't have is you able to switch from say Tauren visage form to an Orc one or human one via barber shop.

5th option:
    You can glyph to a visage form of any race you like down the line and just remove the extra work

Question 2:

Would having visage form from other races negate the need for Dracthyr to have access to other classes or would you still like Dracthyr to have access to another classes even with being able to take on the visage of any playable race?

The Pics Below Work bother for Evoker Class on other races or Visage Form of other races

In fact, it is actually ore doable if the forms shown below happen as Evokers on other classes, than being on the Dracthyr class.

It's like if Demon hunters were available to every race,

They could re-envision how they do them as follows. The Evoker class becomes available to all these races, and you get these customisations for the Evoker class - just like you had for DHs and DKs, the difference between other race Evoker's and Drachtyr evokers is dragon form, other race Evokers get phantom magical wings and tails when they do dragon abilities, tapping into draconic power or blood - maybe they are mortals who have been fused with draconic magirc or blood. Meanwhile a Drachtyr ofc is a dragon.

This would also mean the Drachtyr will learn to be other classes

Examples from Alleria on twitter what visage forms on other races look like or what Evokers

Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-21 at 01:15 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope that eventually other races will be able to "learn" to become Evokers.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Spec availability is far more important than race. Racials can alter game play some, but for the most part it is all cosmetic and ultimately doesn't change anything. Some people are going to be very upset they can be a dragon and whatever their favorite class is or that some spec they think fits them. Until every race and class combo is available that will continue to be a problem
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Spec availability is far more important than race. Racials can alter game play some, but for the most part it is all cosmetic and ultimately doesn't change anything. Some people are going to be very upset they can be a dragon and whatever their favorite class is or that some spec they think fits them. Until every race and class combo is available that will continue to be a problem
    uhh...racials are massive for pvp. They have been nerfed/changed/removed time and time again all because they skew entire metas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nonsense. There are Dracthyr racials in the Evoker talent tree, which just exemplifies how tied the Dracthyr race is to the Evoker class.

The only way you’d get new races is via the visage form granting you the illusion of being a different race.

I'd rather them spend their time adding in other races over time.

They could do that on the side while adding more customisation to other races in general.

Other races are receiving "dragon eyes" they are currently only working for npcs but I guarantee it's going to be other races

Just like vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I personally hope that eventually other races will be able to "learn" to become Evokers.
    How does an Orc learn to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Kill a drac'thyr, take its wings, ask a forsaken to sew them on and a goblin priest to heal him, so they stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Kill a drac'thyr, take its wings, ask a forsaken to sew them on and a goblin priest to heal him, so they stick?
    I don’t think Blizzard is that metal anymore.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They ask a dragon to use their magic on them to give the gift of flight.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Dragonforging.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    They ask a dragon to use their magic on them to give the gift of flight.
    Even if they would learn to fly becouse of this even when its actualy pretty stupid suggestion. Flying orc with magical wings using fire from his mounth to burn his enemies would look not just stupid becouse that could be atlest funny. It would be straight up cringe and game breaking.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of the options listed, I'd prefer my Dracthyr be capable to adopting a visage form of any race she likes, including the smaller races. If my evoker wants to prance around as a fox boy, she should be able to once she's eaten met enough of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't want all races to be Evokers, but I am fine with Visage forms hailing from any race.

Gnomes being able to use dragon abilities? Nah
    Dragon-people that (like real dragons) can look like any mortal race while keeping their dragon attributes? Yah

I still find it funny they blatantly took the human female and BE male bodies, unless their "justification" is that they kidnapped elves and humans for this exact reason...
    But why human women, when they're already stealing elf men? So jarring.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    towards the end of the expansion, it is likely we are going to have things open up for both Dracthyr or the Evoker class....

Question is, which would you prefer at the end of 10.0?

1. The Evoker to now be opened up to other races

2. The Dracthyr visage form able to now choose another race.
    Realistically, we're not seeing either of those at the end of 10.0, or the beginning of 11.0. It'll likely take two or more expansions for that to happen. I mean, it took three expansions for Blizzard to open up more race/class combos since the game's inception, and then it took six expansions to open up more race options for the DK class.

So the question I'll consider is: "which of these two options I'd rather see happen eventually?" to which my answer is "I'd rather have the evoker class opened to more races".

Would having visage form from other races negate the need for Dracthyr to have access to other classes or would you still like Dracthyr to have access to another classes even with being able to take on the visage of any playable race?
    No, it wouldn't negate the need. Because my dracthyr being able to take the visage of an orc does not mean my evoker is suddenly a warrior, or taking the visage of a night elf means my evoker is now a druid. Classes are not the same thing as races.

Evokers were made thinking only of the possibility that they are Dractyr, and honestly it makes no sense for them to be anything other than that.
    but it will be great to be able to play with other classes in Dractyr.
    other races for visage form would be awesome too, particularly I'm not a big fan of elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Of the options listed, I'd prefer my Dracthyr be capable to adopting a visage form of any race she likes, including the smaller races. If my evoker wants to prance around as a fox boy, she should be able to once she's eaten met enough of them.
    This. I think the option to change a visage form to any other race inside your faction is the best and most elegant solution. Maybe even with some additional scales/horns but that's not something they even need to do imo.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dracthyr getting other classes is the only thing that might ever happen. It the only thing low-effort enough to make business sense. If Demon Hunters can't even get different elf types, I doubt Evokers will get other races. Same for Dracthyr getting other visage races.

None of these. The visage must be destroyed.