Poll: Which race own this ship?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    I don't remember seeing much moon decorations in Suramar.
    Yeah they kind of dropped Elune worship after Temple of Elune (now Tomb of Sargeras) was left outside of the bubble and shifted into Nightwell/Elisande worship.

It's very obvious these are likely the ships we will use to go to the Dragon Isle's 1 Horde and 1 Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Night Elf.

Moons, crooked wood planks, Darnassus-colored sails....

Look at the arch.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1068975.jpg

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1472841528
    Thing is: if you remove the moon from the ship, it does look rather nightborne-ish, especially with that glowing accent that goes from the front to the back of the ship.

Night elves aren't ones to make 'glowy' constructions, so it's weird, IMO, to consider this is a night elf ship with those bright, glowing stripes running the side of the ship. As for colors, those are the colors of the nightborne as well, aren't they? Both NE and NB use shades of purple.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's the same old Nelven ships, just hd and somewhat more ornate.
    This 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Thing is: if you remove the moon from the ship, it does look rather nightborne-ish, especially with that glowing accent that goes from the front to the back of the ship.

Night elves aren't ones to make 'glowy' constructions, so it's weird, IMO, to consider this is a night elf ship with those bright, glowing stripes running the side of the ship. As for colors, those are the colors of the nightborne as well, aren't they? Both NE and NB use shades of purple.
    That "glowing" part is missing/unfinished textures. The Horde ship hat gold glowing textures for stairs first

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It has the same Night Elven arches and color scheme, and it's also mostly untextured right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had my criticisms of DF's designs, but this new model is actually a very good update of this one.
    Hope other good ones will follow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    That "glowing" part is missing/unfinished textures. The Horde ship hat gold glowing textures for stairs first
    I suppose we'll have to wait for the finished product, but the moon fixture does make it seem night-elf-ish.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I suppose we'll have to wait for the finished product, but the moon fixture does make it seem night-elf-ish.
    It's definitely just a product of the early model. The glow will be more tame and in line with Night Elven aesthetics later.

Interesting how it has a steering wheel now. The old Night Elf ships didn't have one.

Yeah that is nightelven.

Probably everything we get for the nightelves in the next ten years in terms of "architecture"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah they kind of dropped Elune worship after Temple of Elune (now Tomb of Sargeras) was left outside of the bubble and shifted into Nightwell/Elisande worship.
    They were also cut off from the moon with the bubble (says this in a cinematic which shows them evolving) which afaik night elves at least originally sort of needed a connection to. So it wasn't just about culture it was about survival.

Nightborne we're one of the most thoroughly in game explored races imo. Very proud of that narrative.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the thing on the sides. Or change its color.

That's the only thing that makes me think Nightborne.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Get rid of the thing on the sides. Or change its color.

That's the only thing that makes me think Nightborne.
    It's just unfinished with a weird placeholder texture. In companies I worked for we usually used a bright Pink or Green so those could be easily spotted. At blizzard they had these weird grainy glow textures in all kind of colours lately

The metal trim is throwing people off, but they added it because the old design was boring/most WoW boats have some kind of metallic trim now.

Really hope they update the Orc and Goblin boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes that's true, maybe they will show us some highborne influence on kaldorei architecture.

And some reason we have a horde (blood) elven counterpart of this ship.
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXqyDzuVsAcrYBD?format=jpg&name=900x900

I mean they should, it's not a seaprate culture or something foreitign, - it's all night elf architecture whether built by priests, highborne or anceints - realistically it would depend on the designer, and I would wager that the same people who designed things during the empire are still around designing them now - which is why Darnassus and it's temples had the same architecture as Suramar and Zin'Azshari (factoring that what we see in legion is just the new models -i.e. the upgrade like every race gets when they revisit them in an expansion (Draenei got, orcs/humans constantly et, etc).

It's nice to see a kaldorei or shal'dorei ship, if that's what it is, show up rather than a faction ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

I mean they should, it's not a seaprate culture or something foreitign, - it's all night elf architecture whether built by priests, highborne or anceints - realistically it would depend on the designer, and I would wager that the same people who designed things during the empire are still around designing them now - which is why Darnassus and it's temples had the same architecture as Suramar and Zin'Azshari (factoring that what we see in legion is just the new models -i.e. the upgrade like every race gets when they revisit them in an expansion (Draenei got, orcs/humans constantly et, etc).

It's nice to see a kaldorei or shal'dorei ship, if that's what it is, show up rather than a faction ship.
    [QUOTE=Mace;53850256][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXqyDzuVsAcrYBD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yes and i hope, they got a new city like that, influenced by priest, druids, mages, wardens. This ship influenced by priest and mages both. The arcane like decorations not just highborne but can be priest, just updated ones.

Probably just a special version of standard Darnassian ship made for Tyrande's use. Likely how she journeys to the isles to find Merithra. I think the rest of us will get there via skyship or on dragonback.

[QUOTE=Loreth88;53850734]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Yes and i hope, they got a new city like that, influenced by priest, druids, mages, wardens. This ship influenced by priest and mages both. The arcane like decorations not just highborne but can be priest, just updated ones.

Well. For a city you want to show the Kaldorei civilization properly. We got a glimpse in Darnassus, like first attempt after 10k years. Then we saw Suramar and Zin’Azshari.

However while a city should show the best of a race, a night elf city should also have some provision to display Elune and nature love.

1. For Elune: Gorgeous temples: the order has always shown it’s love for its Goddess by extravagant and beautiful temples. In fact, the elven architecture in their city stems from the edifices they build for Elune. Like the Cathedral of Eternal Night outshines Suramar Palace, so to we must see this.

Other signs of Elune could have the Moon and star symbols actually glowing silver with arcane star magic the night elves use and falling stars etc, I can imagine Suramar replicated this partly with the Nightwell after the Order left to fight the war - it was the capital of the Order of Elune - so this would be Elune effects proper now.

Something to reflect the dark side of the moon .

2. Nature: Druids don’t do cities off course, this is fine, it fits their lore where the beauty of nature in its marvellous complexity is their decoration - as if to say any adornment or elf made structure tarnishes the raw beauty or just fails to measure up - to the Druid only off course, however we can have lots of evidence of them and nature love all elves, especially night elves by:.

a) City in a tree - like Teldrassil, the massive tree the city and towns can be built in is the biggest obvious sign of the nature magic side of the night elves. This was a great idea
    b) Gardens, parks, treant sand dryads along with animals are the other city appropriate sign of nature love. Having beautiful extravagant gardens in those marble buildings, roof top gardens , parks like several groves and seeing treant a, critters and animal creatures like dryads/keepers

This is how you show Druidism in the city

Final aspect of a city off course is the stunning architecture of the buildings and the magical lake. You gotta have a magical lake like the Well of Eternity or super moon well or Star Well glowing with magical energy.

For the tree I would use Arsenweald types of tree model
    For the temples - Cathedral if Wternal night
    For the buildings - Zin’Azshari type

Ocean, lakes, boats too and Anciebts and dragons
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-07-19 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Yeah that is nightelven.

Probably everything we get for the nightelves in the next ten years in terms of "architecture"
    Given how much we got in Legion and BfA, that would make sense, other races have priority

[QUOTE=Mace;53850942]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post

Well. For a city you want to show the Kaldorei civilization properly. We got a glimpse in Darnassus, like first attempt after 10k years. Then we saw Suramar and Zin’Azshari.

However while a city should show the best of a race, a night elf city should also have some provision to display Elune and nature love.

1. For Elune: Gorgeous temples: the order has always shown it’s love for its Goddess by extravagant and beautiful temples. In fact, the elven architecture in their city stems from the edifices they build for Elune. Like the Cathedral of Eternal Night outshines Suramar Palace, so to we must see this.

Other signs of Elune could have the Moon and star symbols actually glowing silver with arcane star magic the night elves use and falling stars etc, I can imagine Suramar replicated this partly with the Nightwell after the Order left to fight the war - it was the capital of the Order of Elune - so this would be Elune effects proper now.

Something to reflect the dark side of the moon .

2. Nature: Druids don’t do cities off course, this is fine, it fits their lore where the beauty of nature in its marvellous complexity is their decoration - as if to say any adornment or elf made structure tarnishes the raw beauty or just fails to measure up - to the Druid only off course, however we can have lots of evidence of them and nature love all elves, especially night elves by:.

a) City in a tree - like Teldrassil, the massive tree the city and towns can be built in is the biggest obvious sign of the nature magic side of the night elves. This was a great idea
    b) Gardens, parks, treant sand dryads along with animals are the other city appropriate sign of nature love. Having beautiful extravagant gardens in those marble buildings, roof top gardens , parks like several groves and seeing treant a, critters and animal creatures like dryads/keepers

This is how you show Druidism in the city

Final aspect of a city off course is the stunning architecture of the buildings and the magical lake. You gotta have a magical lake like the Well of Eternity or super moon well or Star Well glowing with magical energy.

For the tree I would use Arsenweald types of tree model
    For the temples - Cathedral if Wternal night
    For the buildings - Zin’Azshari type

Ocean, lakes, boats too and Anciebts and dragons
    Hope we get some new buildings for the city. Waiting for pictures from alpha .